Thread: 2.7l twinturbo s4 questions

Hybrid View

2.7l twinturbo s4 questions

i am in the market for a new car and was really considering the new s4 avant but recently had my jeep gc ltd scratched and thought fark that with getting a real nice car.
    so i thought ill look at the 2.7l tt s4 and save bucket loads and do some engine mods, etc.
    the questions im asking r these:
    1)i've heard that audis start to fall apart after 3 yrs, is this true and to wat extent
    2)resale values are extremely poor, and if i do get one ill be the third seller so ill be even worse off, is the resale really that bad
    3)any problems with the s4 that r common

ps remember i live in Australia, not Austria and s4's r quite rare but they r around and have popped up in the for sales quite often, i may even look at the rs4 so please apply these question to that car as well.

Re: 2.7l twinturbo s4 questions

Originally posted by itaplikeabiatch
    i am in the market for a new car and was really considering the new s4 avant but recently had my jeep gc ltd scratched and thought fark that with getting a real nice car.
    so i thought ill look at the 2.7l tt s4 and save bucket loads and do some engine mods, etc.
    the questions im asking r these:
    1)i've heard that audis start to fall apart after 3 yrs, is this true and to wat extent
    2)resale values are extremely poor, and if i do get one ill be the third seller so ill be even worse off, is the resale really that bad

ps remember i live in Australia, not Austria and s4's r quite rare but they r around and have popped up in the for sales quite often, i may even look at the rs4 so please apply these question to that car as well.
    You sound like a HSV customer to me - what's wrong with a Ute?

Re: Re: 2.7l twinturbo s4 questions

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    You sound like a HSV customer to me - what's wrong with a Ute?
    haha i thought about a ute but that inclination passed me by real quick (thinking beer gut, mullet hair cut, goatee beard, tattoos) so i decided that wasnt for me.

no seriously though any answers would be greatly appreciated though.

Re: 2.7l twinturbo s4 questions

Originally posted by itaplikeabiatch
    [1)I’ve heard that audis start to fall apart after 3 yrs, is this true and to wat extent

[/B]
    Well Biatch

There is probably lot to be said about Audi S4 2.7 Biturbo :s4addict: , besides that it is a hell of car ... and it probably not all good....

I m in the same situation as u mate, I m currently looking, seriously looking for a S4 Avant , preferably a -00.
    I been reading a lot of buyers guides and tests, and it seems that they all agree on one thing : Never, never buy a "tuned" /chip modified one !!!:eye:

However, the 3 year "problem" is nothing unique for Audi ... Volvo, BMW and MB all have the same tendencies, at least here in Sweden

The resale prices and spare parts are probably not the best "down under" :vsad
    Up here in the Sweden the resale price for a -00 S4 Avant, fully loaded and in good condition is something like 50-52 000 AUD ( 27 000 EURO )
    I think that’s kinda fair, considering the price was around 85 000 AUD ( 45 000 EURO) resale when it was came.....

Early cars pre “1999.5” as they are called, use an early
    version of the K03 turbo charger and were fitted with
    less resilient intercooler hoses.
    Audi did put a recall out for these vehicles to have the hoses replaced under warranty
    2000 model year cars seem to fare a lot better on the
    modification front. The hoses used are stronger and the
    K03 turbos are allegedly of a revised design.

Other than that I haven’t found any special problems.

Good luck finding a nice ex

" Anything worth having ever comes easy or cheap "