17 24.64%
  • Yamaha

23 33.33%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Japan sport bikes

Kawasaki for the rough yeeeehaaaaaaaa
    cars --- a mans best friend

Klint ,

The BMW G650 X Country looks to be a great bike. I'm not overly into nakeds as the wind buffeting at freeway speeds is more uncomfortable compared to the full faired bikes.

And yes, for goodness sakes, get rid of the Italian Stallion!!! I can not believe all the issues you have had with that! Amazing!

I now have 16,500 miles on the 600RR and have had ZERO problems of any kind (other than all the flat tires). A truely great bike, and I have zero regrets.

Euro bikes may have more "soul" but pale compared to the reliability of the work horse Hondas. The very best of two wheel action. Bar none.

And I finally found something I agree with Russian M3 Dude on! Just goes to show, never say never!!!

Oh, and Code 2025, the new Kawis are sweet, very impressed with them. And I am thinking of getting the wifey the all new (finally) Ninja 250R, very nice looking but a tad disappointing that they made it heavier...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Banned
    Well, who needs "soul" on a sports motorcycle, it's all about the adrenaline. Too often "soul" is an excuse for poor craftsmanship.

Anyway, I am a big 600RR fan, I think it also makes a good learner bike. Despite the potential performance, it's pretty much a pussy-cat if you go easy on it and has very stable handling. You can really learn on it and won't have to sell it 3 months down the road like a 250cc bike. Looks ace too, easily the best of the Japs. The new RR is also significantly updated, if I am correct, it went from the heaviest to the lightest 600 Jap I4 with the ne generation.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
    Well, who needs "soul" on a sports motorcycle, it's all about the adrenaline. Too often "soul" is an excuse for poor craftsmanship.
    Agree 100%.

Anyway, I am a big 600RR fan, I think it also makes a good learner bike. Despite the potential performance, it's pretty much a pussy-cat if you go easy on it and has very stable handling. You can really learn on it and won't have to sell it 3 months down the road like a 250cc bike.
    Depends on ones level of self control.

Looks ace too, easily the best of the Japs. The new RR is also significantly updated, if I am correct, it went from the heaviest to the lightest 600 Jap I4 with the ne generation.
    Correct, it went from the heaviest to lightest. I can honestly say it is very well mannered and handles like a dream for heavy commuting (lane sharing or "filtering" as they say on the other side of the pond).

I don't know if I'd recommend it for a first time bike (especially if the person is small) but it is forgiving if one uses common sense. The all new CBR1000RR is coming out. The looks are still growing on me, but it will be a screamer. 440lbs wet, 170hp+ to the wheels...:eye: :bigeyes:

As it is, even the new 600RR does 75mph in first and 102mph in second!!!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Also, saw this thread:

Anybody into bikes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to have a 2003 Honduh 600RR repainted into a Repsol replica. Great bike but I sold it due to the overzealous Fourth Reich Swiss speed enforcement. However I miss riding a lot and am always thinking about getting another one. I love the Ducs and Mvs, but their current machines are too powerfull. I am thinking either a 848Duc/600ccMV or maybe something more relaxed like a HD VRod Sports or a Buell or a BMW bike. Any other bikers here?

I'd have to say you would really enjoy the all new upcoming 848. Over at 600rr.net there are several 600RR owners looking at getting the 848. Me, I like loooooooow maintenance so will be sticking with the 600RR. There are a few over there that also have the 1098. Sickening sweet looking in real life, but the complaints are that it is definately a better track bike than a street bike. The ergonomics aren't half what the CBR is, seating, hand and back position, are all race inspired. Awesome for track days, not so hot for actual everyday riding.

As for the VRod, I've heard good things about it, but a little "too" relaxed for me.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Banned
    I am looking mostly to pose and live the biker "lifestyle" (revving at the lights, a chick in a thong on the back of the bike, walking around town in a Ducati leather jacket.) anything else is simply impossible in Switzerland and I don't have time for track days (no tracks in Switzerland.).

I am looking mostly to pose and live the biker "lifestyle" (revving at the lights, a chick in a thong on the back of the bike, walking around town in a Ducati leather jacket.)
    LOL!!!

If so, then do NOT get the 848 as it is the exact same bike as the 1098 minus engine and tranny so would kill your back after a few short months of ownership. If just Ducati cruising is your style, then: http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my200...family=Monster

much more comfortable for riding two up (i.e. chicks with thongs on the back. ) and a member here already has one so you could get livability feedback from him.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Banned
    The 2008 Ducs are IN!!!!!! 848, 1098R and BRAND NEW 696 Monster. Giggedy-giggedy oh YEAH!!!! Humina-humina!!! The Monster in particular looks like an MV Brutale but for half the price. The 848 has the power to weight of an outgoing 999. It's..... ALIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!

For those that want to see some great pics of the new Ducatis:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...ght=ducati+848

Scroll down...

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Update

Went down...

Kinda sucked. After two years and 35,000 miles of riding, got hit by a car. Was lane sharing (legal in this state) and a car decided to change lanes without signaling. My front impacted against his front right side and went over the hood then sliding along the freeway. Bike flipped and then slid till it hit the side guard rail. Wasn't too bad as traffic was crawling (@10mph and I was @30mph) and as always, was wearing full gear so I'm fine.

Remember boys and girls, ALWAYS wear full gear! Should be back on two wheels in a few weeks after bike gets fixed. Due to insurance reasons, won't be posting pics.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Sorry to hear Ben, but glad you walked away! Defintely a heart stopper of a moment when the bike goes from underneath you!

Feel free to e-mail the pics in the strictest confidence of course.

Banned
    Yeah, gear is a must. No ifs or buts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Went down...

Kinda sucked. After two years and 35,000 miles of riding, got hit by a car. Was lane sharing (legal in this state) and a car decided to change lanes without signaling. My front impacted against his front right side and went over the hood then sliding along the freeway. Bike flipped and then slid till it hit the side guard rail. Wasn't too bad as traffic was crawling (@10mph and I was @30mph) and as always, was wearing full gear so I'm fine.

Remember boys and girls, ALWAYS wear full gear! Should be back on two wheels in a few weeks after bike gets fixed. Due to insurance reasons, won't be posting pics.

Ben
    Sorry to hear this...

Glad to see that you are OK.

Klint, no prob. You can PM me your email and I'll send em' to ya'.

Can't wait to get it fixed. I have my first track day on it in a few months. Kinda of worked out for the good. Now, since it ain't mint, I can balls out on the track as now I won't mind going down and scratching it.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Banned
    I would never ride a bike in the States. Not even in many countries in Europe. In US people are just not as used to dealing with 2 wheeled traffic.

I would never ride a bike in the States. Not even in many countries in Europe. In US people are just not as used to dealing with 2 wheeled traffic.

Actually, I would never ride a motorcycle in Italy!!! After spending a little time in Milan, I was amazed I didn't see any motorcyclist go down during my stay there! Those guys (including mopeds and scooters) are crazy the way they zip through traffic!!! :bigeyes:

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Banned
    Yeah, Milan is crazy. I was driving around without any maps and GPS... chaos.

Ben,

How's the bike coming along?