• Suzuki

17 24.64%
  • Yamaha

23 33.33%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan sport bikes

:cool2:

...one more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image(365).jpg 
Views:	623 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	3768  

And one more.

Name:	image(363).jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	3769  

Man, you wear full race leather when you ride those bad boys, right?:trash:

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman
    Man, you wear full race leather when you ride those bad boys, right?:trash:

Ben

Full package, just like Vale' Rossi.

It is Yamaha, after all!

Originally posted by AndyBG

Full package, just like Vale' Rossi.

It is Yamaha, after all!

When are you picking up the R1?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

2006 Honda Interceptor:

Honda makes the best quality and most comfortable bikes in the world IMHO.

When are you picking up the R1?

Ben
    In two weeks, if everything goes acording to plan.

I miised one today, those Gumball Porsches and Ferraris are very fast!

Originally posted by AndyBG
    Congrats. Raven Black?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Congrats. Raven Black?

Ben
    We will see wehn bike arrive, i am expecting that, but any other will do.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post

Andy,

I'm resurrecting this old thread. Wanted to see whatever happened? Did you get it? Tell you what, you buy one, I'll buy one. My brother asked me about a year ago if I ever felt the desire to get another bike (cause he wants one and wants an excuse to buy one ). We decided that if we both still wanted one after a year, we'd both make the plunge. BTW, the Yamaha finished a close second to the Honda in your Poll.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Ah, that was a short love...

I was gone for R1, had it for 6 and a half days, exatcly and....

.... NO it wasn't what you think it was....

I re-saled it, there was a guy ho didn't want to wait for next delivery, and I ''gave'' him mine for 1000 EUR above the price...
    The bike is great, no discusion there, but this wasn't my year for it...

Next...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Ah, that was a short love...

I was gone for R1, had it for 6 and a half days...

Next...
    Less than a week?!? Must be a new record! So...what do you have now (or...what next)?

I'm thinking a liter bike is not needed. Something not too flashy. I don't know, I might even get a "commuter" bike.

Aaron,

I had the chance to check out the VFR Interceptor in person (same color as your pic). Awesome ergonomics. Fit like a glove. Only problem is the weight. Heavy bike (I'm really wanting something sub 400lbs). But man, what a fit and comfy seating posistion.

**edit** Honda has tied Yamaha in your poll

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    So...what do you have now (or...what next)?

I'm thinking a liter bike is not needed. Something not too flashy. I don't know, I might even get a "commuter" bike.

.**edit** Honda has tied Yamaha in your poll
    At the moment, I'm ''bikeless'', my eyes are on R1 or something else from that ''liter class''...

Yes, you are 100000% wright wehn you say that ''liter bike'' is not needed, specialy for cruising around town, for that is useless.

For a commuter bike, very good solution is Kawasaki ER 6n or Yamaha FZ1, FZ6...

Those are very easy to drive and light construction...

I was expecting Honda to win, but maybe this is late wake...

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Aaron,

I had the chance to check out the VFR Interceptor in person (same color as your pic). Awesome ergonomics. Fit like a glove. Only problem is the weight. Heavy bike (I'm really wanting something sub 400lbs). But man, what a fit and comfy seating posistion.
    Ben
    That's what I love about the VFR series from Honda. It's not the fastest or the lightest, but damn, you can ride it all day long. It also is one of the smoothest bikes out there. The V4 motor has a great mid-range with a decent torque punch out of the hole. None of the vibration of an in-line motor and the power of a full liter bike. It doesn't do one thing really well, but does everything fairly well with great ease. it truly is one of the greatest GT Sprotbikes out there.
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q189/bushido01s4/mcaskyline.jpg[/IMG]

Hayabusas are good sports cruisers, but nothing special anymore, definitely an out of date bike. Fast in a straight line, but show it a corner it'll shit itself.

As for those who don't ride and would pick the R1, think again, these are the 996 GT2s of Big CC Sport Bikes, also known as the Widow Makers, and quite literally too.

CBR600RR would be my choice. Good balance of power, speed, ability and weight. All round good bike with Honda reliability.

Andy,

Don't care for the looks of the bikes you mentioned. I know that is a lame excuse, but it's true. BMWs look like poodoo, and that is one reason I don't drive them. I'd rather have something that is not powerful, but at least looks good. Even for a commuter...

Aaron,

Did you ever own a VFR? More thoughts would be appreciated.

Klint,

Yes, a widow maker indeed. I hear about people buying these for their first bike and I'm blown away! And actually, they are even more "Enzo of motorcycles" than they are GT2s. Scarey fast! Would a parent get there teenager a GT2 for their first car? I'd hope not! Same with this baby.

And that leads me to what Bike I'll get. Back when I had my Katana 600, I never really properly "learned" how to ride. It was a 90hp, 440lbs sled. I was "self taught" so learned a lot of bad habits and wrong riding techniques. I've be doing a fair amount of reading and realize that although I'd rather have something much cooler, I really "need" a cheapo lightweight "learner" bike to "relearn" (and this time, correctly I might add) the proper riding styles.

So... believe it or not, I'm going to blow you guys away and say I'm thinking of getting a KOREAN bike. There, I've said it (man, feel like I've come out of the closet!!! ). Yep, not a typo. Not planning on having it as a keeper but the one I'm looking at is 350lbs and 250cc. It is not a down sized bike, but is actually built on the full sized 650 chassis. Now, Hyosungs are not known for quality, that I know. But the recent review in Brit mag "BIKE" of 4STARS made me think. The GT650R only got a 2 star rating, but the GT250R got 4 stars! It was rated the very best 250 out there (with the exception of the 2 stroke Aprilia 250).

So... this is what I'm thinking of. Have it for a year or so, and really learn how to ride. Hardly any power, so if I want speed through a turn, I've have to work the bike, not just pull the "trigger" like on a R1.

Laugh away, but here is a pic: (FLAME SUIT ON! )

Ben

Name:	HyosungGT250R-Black.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	4301  
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BikerBen
    But the recent review in Brit mag "BIKE" of 4STARS made me think. The GT650R only got a 2 star rating, but the GT250R got 4 stars! It was rated the very best 250 out there (with the exception of the 2 stroke Aprilia 250).
    Ben, that might because 250s are becoming extremely extinct new, maybe there's only those two 250s in the market nowadays. Similiar thing with the 400s. Might be an idea to get onto a Honda Hornet 600 or aim for a 500, it sounds stupid but realistically if it can be done get it done. That thing looks cool but I wouldn't turn up to a motorcycle meet with that. lol

Here, we got to go through a strict motorcycle testing system, compared to the states, Basic training first, known as the CBT, then a theory test and practical test before we can ride anything above 125cc and 15hp. Worth doing and you learn alot of things throughout the lesson times.

I'm tempted to get back into biking aswell.

Klint,

Sorry mate, nakeds are out. 1st, I don't like the way nakeds look, 2nd, I don't care for the turbulance at speed (amazing how much difference some plastic side cladding can make) since I plan on using it for commutes (mostly freeway). It's just about light enough to do it, but at 410lbs dry, it's only 60lbs lighter than the big VRF. Also, at $7K+, it is more than I want to spend for a "learner" bike. At that price, why not pony up a couple $K more for a 07' CBR600RR (due out next March, and bitching looking BTW)? Mind is not set in stone yet... we'll see.

As for the meet... I'd show up with it for that reason LOL! An experienced rider on a "lame" GT250R can smoke a noobe on a CBR600RR in the tight stuff.

Also, as for the CBT, we have a similar program in CA. Its called a MSF course. Completely voluntary, but well worth it.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan