Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sports suspension plus - Opinions

Nice one Fab!!!

I think you have made the corect choice, but I'm biased as that's what I've ordered.

Out of interest, what specifically made you change your mind?

To be very honest despite my test report the devil came back pretty quickly in my head and I've been wondering every day about the SS until last Saturday :

At the DTM I met a very nice guy (also Audi VIP) he is a RS4 owner (very nice RS4 light grey with SS and RS seats) and we had many discussions and fun. I definitely agree now with the fact that you can't have a compromise with this car (except with the seats) and especially because the car looks SSSSOOOOO NICE with the SS chassis.

We did the way back on the autobahn together, he in front with the RS4 and I chasing him with my TT V6 for almost 250km. The RS4 is tremendously nice with the SS chassis and believe me the noise of the car at 250km/h is mind blowing :MTM:

pics soon !
    Last edited by Fab; April 10th, 2006 at 14:56.

Fab,

My, my...so you were in the end tempted to the dark (or should I say rough) side as well. Nice!

Finally picking up mine this week - let us see how soon I will develop back pains...

Fab welcome to the dark side , again .
    A weekend at the races , Audi treats you well ... .

The pics , the pics , please :trash:
    When you have eliminated the impossible , whatever remains , however improbable , must be the truth.
    ..Sherlock Holmes..

OK first impressions (been on the twisty & bumpy stuff but not really pushed the car yet):

1) The SS Plus is actually quite reasonable on bad pavement IMHO - yes, you sure do feel the bumps & holes but it is definately no worse than,say, the S4 or A4 on big wheels & sports suspension and really overall more in the firm & feelsome category than harsh & crashy class

2) The body control, agility and steering feel are much improved on the S4 and the car feels lively for its weight (1715kg for mine)

3) The new tight engine feels pretty nice already at max 4000 revs and will surely get better - s button exhaust note rocks

4) Optically, dare I say it, I might just be in love - of course I am biased but black optics, 19", SS Plus, Valcona buckets and Suede steering wheel & gear knob look and feel good and satisfying (at least for now...lets see how some of the items withstand wear)

Apart from the look (much better with SS) what also made me wondering is that the steering wheel feeling and the car attitude at high speed on twisty roads is (obviously) much better than with standard suspension set up.

Of course the above seems so obvious but what I mean is that you feel the difference immediately when comparing both cars which means the effciency upgrade is quite important.

During my DTM week end I had the opportunity to speak with big chiefs form Quattro GMBH and Switzerland Audi chiefs. I took this opportunity to ask the Swiss guy to closely look after my order as I placed my CHF 5k ticket 2 years ago and that I am a good Audi client blablabla.... So the guy (very nice) tokk my phone number and rung me back yesterday. I have the production date for RS4 Avant :

He told me he highlited my order within the already big 200 RS4 avant order in Switzerland and ensured me to be within the first 3 delivery in Geneva. WHOW !!!

Production start : week 22nd
    My production week : week 22-23
    My delivery week : week 25-26th

I am just made wainting for this car

I will be posting nive pics soon for shure. Sorry but I am quite busy those days.

Ciao

Fab

Hi FAB, where did you order yours? Amag or you went to audi in Lausanne? It will be nice to have a nice criuse up and down the mont blanc road once you get yours... I enjoy that road a lot.. but no space for mistakes...

Hi,

My dealer is Audi Monbrillant in Geneva. Why not for a nice ride around I will driving like crazy upon delivery

MR USER, what road are you refering to (re Mont Blanc). Just come back from Chamonix and love the road back down towards Geneva although I got flashed by a camera under a bridge - was driving some Toyota MPV

I get my RS4 in a few months and I'm driving to Mont Blanc (then climbing it but that's for another forum) in August.

Prey tell what road you talk of, wouldn't want to miss out!
    cheers,
    - Dean

Fab, I got mine too there!!! Who is your sales guy?

Deans, I'm talking about the road that from Geneva goes to Chamonix (high speed turns) and the way down (3 gear corners).

With my old car (A4 tdi quattro) I did not find a single driver that could keep up... except ones where a super cool guy in its 50s on an old british convert (jag or mg, not sure).

Well he was driving that old beauty well over the limit... sideways most turns. And trust me he knew what he was doing as you dont' drive a car like that in that way unless you are realy good!!!