Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY RS6 dyno

MY RS6 dyno

Well I finally got of my lazy butt and made the apointment to get my beast dyoned.
    It will happen this Thursday at 11am at
    Chicago Performance and Tuning in Melrose Park. A couple of local RS6 enthusiasts said they would like to come down and see it happening.
    Along with my RS6 my brother is bringing his CL65. This ought to be alot of fun,
    and of course I will post the results here ASAP.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

What's your prediction for ''final'' result?

Is it going to hit expected numbers?

Re: MY RS6 dyno

Originally posted by Bajors6

Along with my RS6 my brother is bringing his CL65. This ought to be alot of fun,
    and of course I will post the results here ASAP.

Bajo
    Please do, looking forward to hearing the results.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

How stock are you? I am doing mine Sunday morning with a bunch of Audi people (thru Renn-Art although somewhere near them), bone stock. Just curious what mine will do be so will be interesting to compare with yours.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Originally posted by AndyBG
    What's your prediction for ''final'' result?

Is it going to hit expected numbers?
    Andy,

I am not going to predict any numbers because regardless of the numbers its always going to be "the seat of the pants" happiness with me and so far I am very happy.
    I am leaving to go there now so results will be posted as soon as I get back.

Bajo

Originally posted by mmaturo
    How stock are you? I am doing mine Sunday morning with a bunch of Audi people (thru Renn-Art although somewhere near them), bone stock. Just curious what mine will do be so will be interesting to compare with yours.
    Not stock at all, Oc.T chip, full Milltek exhaust with downpipes, fuel pressure regulator, diverter valves.

We shall see what the numbers show.

Please post your results after your stock runs.

Bajo

Sooo... how did it go?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Well............................

To be honest not what I expected but here is the list of figures, I will upload the actual printouts when the guy emails them to me.

1st run= 385.3hp 400ft lbs

After a brief cooldown period..............

2nd run= 326hp
    Immediately after 2nd run we got a higher number than the 2nd time, which is weird.

3rd run= 346hp

I think I remembered the correct figures for the 3rd run as I dont have the printout right in front of me but I will post the sheets from all the runs.

Seat of pants the car is a real hoot, I was expecting to see the HP figures in the maybe 400-415hp range,
    The owner of the shop that did the dyno tested the car himself and told me the type of dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is. Maybe some of you "experienced dyno" guys can chime in.

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp which is a little bit lower than what Stratmosphere told me I should be seeing. Bob told me somewhere around 550hp or so.
    Now I know there is alot of factors to be taken, temperature was around 50' and he had 2 fans in front of the car, the temp gauge never moved off the middle and the oil temp was atthe normal mark in between 150 and 250.
    The car did sound ferocious when at full throttle and I did see the speedo peg 160mph at which he had to let go due to his dyno having reached maximum speed.
    Again I state that the seat of the pants feeling cannot be translated into numbers as this car for me pulls and pulls and pulls. So are the numbers too low? I dont think so, we lose alot of our power to the 4 wheels that have to provided with power.
    All tests were done in 4th gear and the car was not floored all the way but right up to before the kick down switch was activated. He told me that he could have floored it but it would have downshifted and thrown off the torque graph, which didnt make sense to me.
    On a different note my brothers CL65 could not be dynoed do to the fact that you cannnot disable the cars traction control permanently as you can with the RS6, so after around 50 mph it reactivates itself and applies the rear brakes whereas you cannot test it.

I dont know what do you guys think the numbers are like for my RS6 given that this type of dyno gives the lowest readings.

Bajo

Pic 1 at speed !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cimg1269.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	3513  

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp...

I dont know what do you guys think the numbers are like for my RS6 given that this type of dyno gives the lowest readings.

Bajo
    So a 35% loss to all the wheels? (35% added to 385 is 519.75 so I guess 520 is right). Stratmosphere told you 550? All well, even so, 520 is pretty sweet.

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Pic 2, NICE tail lights !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cimg1271.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	3514  

Well............................

To be honest not what I expected but here is the list of figures, I will upload the actual printouts when the guy emails them to me.

After a brief cooldown period..............

2nd run= 326hp
    Immediately after 2nd run we got a higher number than the 2nd time, which is weird.

3rd run= 346hp

I think I remembered the correct figures for the 3rd run as I dont have the printout right in front of me but I will post the sheets from all the runs.

Seat of pants the car is a real hoot, I was expecting to see the HP figures in the maybe 400-415hp range,
    The owner of the shop that did the dyno tested the car himself and told me the type of dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is. Maybe some of you "experienced dyno" guys can chime in.

According to the guy after he calculated it he said the gross power of the engine is around 520hp which is a little bit lower than what Stratmosphere told me I should be seeing. Bob told me somewhere around 550hp or so.
    Now I know there is alot of factors to be taken, temperature was around 50' and he had 2 fans in front of the car, the temp gauge never moved off the middle and the oil temp was atthe normal mark in between 150 and 250.
    The car did sound ferocious when at full throttle and I did see the speedo peg 160mph at which he had to let go due to his dyno having reached maximum speed.
    Again I state that the seat of the pants feeling cannot be translated into numbers as this car for me pulls and pulls and pulls. So are the numbers too low? I dont think so, we lose alot of our power to the 4 wheels that have to provided with power.
    All tests were done in 4th gear and the car was not floored all the way but right up to before the kick down switch was activated. He told me that he could have floored it but it would have downshifted and thrown off the torque graph, which didnt make sense to me.
    On a different note my brothers CL65 could not be dynoed do to the fact that you cannnot disable the cars traction control permanently as you can with the RS6, so after around 50 mph it reactivates itself and applies the rear brakes whereas you cannot test it.

Bajo
    You have to enter "dyno mode" through to computer,using controls on the steering wheel.
    It worked on my S600 and should on CL65, too.

Originally posted by absent
    You have to enter "dyno mode" through to computer,using controls on the steering wheel.
    It worked on my S600 and should on CL65, too.

Will look into that.

Thanks

Bajo

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    dyno he uses which is a Dynamics actually gives the lowest number in the industry and if my car was dyoned on a Mustang for example the numbers would be higher. I dont know how true that is.

i have actually heard a few times that running on a mustang does provide higher results.
    Last edited by RS4Ever; February 17th, 2006 at 08:29.
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

So is 35% to the wheels about right?

BTW, Bajo, when did you get stealth lights for the ?

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Ben,

I was told it to be around 30% loss due to drivetarin which brings me to around 520hp.

I got the lights about 2 weeks ago from AWE Tuning-Mike. I love the way they blend with the color of the car.

Bajo

thats a bit low, baj. did they use the paddles. that seems a bit low. maybe dyno one more time and get a new chip. dDB can change those to 430s. thats wat mine did with a stage 1 chip and dp back. so i dont know. they also did it in sport mode. but when u dyno the beasts u have to let it cool. its a must. the dynos kill them with heat.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Originally posted by mi021le
    thats a bit low, baj. did they use the paddles. that seems a bit low. maybe dyno one more time and get a new chip. dDB can change those to 430s. thats wat mine did with a stage 1 chip and dp back. so i dont know. they also did it in sport mode. but when u dyno the beasts u have to let it cool. its a must. the dynos kill them with heat.
    Was yours dynoed on a Dynamics dyno or some other brand?
    Talking to guys on another board I was told that they also had lower numbers n Dynamics and when they dynoed on a Mustang or Dynojet their numbers jumped ALOT. I will email the results to Stratmosphere and see what he thinks, the dyno guy did tell me that the mixture could be a little better adjusted and the power would be increased accordingly.
    No he did not use paddles, all dyno testing should be done (from what have read everywhere) in 4th gear as that is the closest you wil get to almost 1:1 ratio.
    The car provided better power the 3rd time and it was run immediately after the 2nd run which we waited aprox. 20 minutes of cool down time with fans blowing on radiators and intercoolers.
    Maybe I will get it dyoned on a Mustang and see what I get there just to compare.

Bajo