Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi R8 SpyPics!

Audi R8 SpyPics!

Hi guys,

yes it's true. Here are the first spy-pics from the R8. Ok, ok the quality is not the best, and you can only see some parts of the car, but what we can see looks really nice.

The text says:
    Customers will have the choice between a V8 engine featuring around 400 bhp and a bi-turbo V10 with an output close to 600 bhp and a top-speed of 345 km/h.
    Maybe someone from the board can say more on that rumors.

source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...01/audi/1.html

greetings

eazy

i like what i see... looks good with those gallardo rimes!

WOW!

This car will make "DEEP IMPACT" on the supercar market, if those performance data is true. This strong Audi, i just cant wait to see that.

Is R8 the name, i tought is R9?

Anyhow, awesome car!

@AndyBG
    First it should be named R9 but then they've changed it to R8.

I really like what I can see on these pics.I am sure the looks of the car will be incredible,and if Audi will make it drive well,it is definately on my wish list.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

I doubt it will have a V10 biturbo engine.
    I think it will be rather a high rev version of the 5.2 litre V10 FSI engine from the S8 with lets say 520-530 hp.

wfg, Hans.

eazy,

thanks,

now its clear.

Originally posted by Iceman
    I doubt it will have a V10 biturbo engine.
    I think it will be rather a high rev version of the 5.2 litre V10 FSI engine from the S8 with lets say 520-530 hp.

wfg, Hans.
    Maybe they do the V10 biturbo, because they are already working on the V10TT for the upcoming RS6. Wouldn't it cost too much if Audi makes a lowrev V10 (S6/S8), a highrev (R8) and a biturboV10 (RS6)? Remember, the research&devolpment costs can only be returned over a small number of engines.

Does any one have any info about this spycar, i mean, is this the design as we can expect or is this a 'mule'. The airintakes look quite big and they fitted Gallardo rims. Will the production R8 exactly look like the LeMans concept or different?
    The best Audi is the Gallardo :D

I ones reed somewhere that Audi CEO Martin Winterkorn mentioned that the productie LeMans (R8.) will not look a lot different than the Concept car.

wfg, Hans.

Question

Its based on the Gallardo platform, is it?

Originally posted by AndyBG
    Its based on the Gallardo platform, is it?
    The new Audi R8 and the Gallardo are both based on the same (ASF)"Aluminium Space Frame" technologie.

wfg, Hans.

Damn that's looks good

i am in love

an audi press release some time ago stated that the car will go into production 4th quarter of 2006, that means october-december. it will therefore have to be shown before then. i maintain that it will be shown in paris or in dubai before then.

the big question is whether both engines will be available at launch or just the V8. the V8 has been signed off as it is the one in the RS4. the V10 will not have 600 hp. marketing cannot allow it to. i agree with iceman, it will probably develop around 500 hp (remember guys- the updated gallardo makes 520). to do this it does not need turbos. whoever said the next RS6 will have turbos should clarify that it is a rumor. no one knows exactly what kind of a V10 that car will have. a high revving, lighter RS6 would be perfect for a manual or DSG. in a an even lighter car like the R8 it would be PERFECT, without adding the weight/warrranty/cost of turbos.

if the RS4 can do about 4.6 to 60 the base R8 will do it in 4.4 or less. with the V10 it will do it in about 4.0. audi does have a quandary on its hands with the R8 and the gallardo. and it doesn't look like the R8 will have rear seats from the pics. it will be interesting to see how they are differentiated enough to justify a 50K difference. i don't think audi will charge more than 120K for a V10 R8. that being said, the V8 R8 should start at about 80K-85K in order to compete nicely with porsche.

I need a towel:bigeyes:

I need a towel
    LOL. sorry can't have mine
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Originally posted by 96a4
    I need a towel:bigeyes:

I love it! If they really do keep it close to the concept (and those spy pics are a great indication) than Audi will have one extremely sexy BEAST on its hands! And someone, from the quattro quaterly (don't know how true it is) said that they are benchmarking the the F430 for the handling! It seems hard to believe, because that would make the R8 everybit as good as the Gallardo for tens of thousands less!!!

Should be very exciting!

eazy, thanks for the pics!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

What do u think the price in Euro going to be?
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

I keep hearing unsubstantiated rumours that this car is going to be shown at Geneva in four weeks time.

I like it very much. Shame that LED headlights seem unlikely to make it into the production version.

As per Iceman's post, i doubt that the styling is going to change substantially from the prototype versions we've already seen, but i think the rear 3/4 side strip - that looks like a panel stuck on top of the side bodywork/ rear window - may go or be toned-down. On these spy pictures, the panels look like a disguise.

Remember the mistake BMW made with the Z8? i hope Audi prices this car right.