Thread: Suspension Oil

Question Suspension Oil

Hi all,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

My dealer today told me that they are waiting to receive oil for the suspension, they have replaced the front left shock absorber and the car was bouncing like a yo yo! so they said that they need to do a refill!! does any one know what that means?. Many Thanks

Buzz
    Current ;-)
    Ferrari 458 Italia '12, SLS AMG '11, 997.2 Turbo '11, RS6 exclusive '09 MTM'd, RR Autobiography SC '11, Maserati GranCabrio S '12, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 1971

yeah, they should have this ordered when they ordered the shocks .....

the shocks are pressurized to the factory specs together with DRC - car must be at certain temperatures to refill when shock is replaced. As explained to us it has something to do with DRC. The entire procedure is in dealer's manual and suckers should RTFM

We had this done - it took two days as stealer had to keep car in garage overnight to make sure temp is within specs

Many Many thanks for the information. I 'll have to drop by the dealer and see what they have done so far.

Buzz
    Current ;-)
    Ferrari 458 Italia '12, SLS AMG '11, 997.2 Turbo '11, RS6 exclusive '09 MTM'd, RR Autobiography SC '11, Maserati GranCabrio S '12, Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 1971

Originally posted by gjg
    yeah, they should have this ordered when they ordered the shocks .....

the shocks are pressurized to the factory specs together with DRC - car must be at certain temperatures to refill when shock is replaced. As explained to us it has something to do with DRC. The entire procedure is in dealer's manual and suckers should RTFM

We had this done - it took two days as stealer had to keep car in garage overnight to make sure temp is within specs

Guess what? The stupid "Stealer" doesn't have the Machine!!

So stupid they are ordering one from Germany!!!!!
    Current ;-)

I've blown 3 shocks already, all fixed. If you're interested, my tech pressurized all 4 to a level higher than the factory calls for. It actually made the ride smoother and took out the hard edge.