Thread: SpeedGT RS6 pics

SpeedGT RS6 pics

From Kraftwerk @ 6speedonline.com

"Tonight was the grand opening of Audi of Lexington, our first Audi dealership in an hour radius, YES! Anyway, they pulled off all the stops and went big. Endless catering, champagne, live music, they seriously know how to treat clients. Down to business, the highlights of the night were: test drives, showcase of the whole line up, a speech by the North American sales director, R8 and RS6 display.

I chose to test drive the A3 equipped with the DSG transmission and I could not be more impressed. The 2.0T motor itself did not feel all that fast and definetly not as torquey as my 1.8T but the shifts were lightning quick and very smooth. If you do not know about the DSG, it is paddle-shift driven and works by pre-selecting the next gear which means its also running in 2nd while your in 1st and 3rd while your in 2nd and so on. Something like that anyways. It equates to very quick upshifts and downshifts which are still much faster and smoother than a tiptronic. My favorite quote of the night:
    Audi Tech - "You see the ESP button-"
    Me - "Oh, you mean traction control?" (Turns button off)
    Audi Tech - "It'll burn the tires through first..."
    Me - "Here goes." (followed by a smokey launch, and a big grin on my face)

They also brought in the ADT #3 Audi R8 Le Mans driven by Lehto and Kristensen(sp) and the Speed GT #2 RS6 driven by Galati. They said the R8 didn't have the motor, but the RS6 was fired up twice. The first time just for some revs and the sound was glorious, not even obnoxiously loud but it definetly growled and the turbos just whistled and whistled as they spooled. He explained to a group of my friends and me that in detuned form it made around 580hp and at full boost which I think was 45psi it could top 680-700 with capabilities of 900. Most of the car was carbon fiber. The door could be opened with literally a pinky, it probably weighed less than 3lbs. The second time he fired it up he slowly rolled down the curb (the clutch seemed really tricky, but he still impressed me), revved it up a few grand and did the sickest AWD launch I have ever seen, it seemed like the car just disappeared. He lit up all four and blew down a short side road (past the Porsche dealership) and back up. It seriously made my hair stand on end. What impressed me about this car is that it's a true manual, not a sequential, which I did not know. I know these pics arent very good (bad camera + lack of light = crap) but it will give you an idea."

In the Darkness

Best picture

Really poor quality, but shows the width and height difference between the RS6 and my A4.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Sounds like it was a cool event to be at. Yep, those RS 6's are impressive in real life.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

If you mean Lexington Kentucky

I am surprised it took that long to get an Audi dealer there, being a big college town and all. Bluegrass in Louisville is a good dealership ( bought my RS6 there); how long is the drive to their place from Lexington??
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

Seeing the RS6 launch at the Speed GT race at Mosport last year, from a standing start, is simply awesome.

Too bad the RS4 won't be used for the 2006 Speed GT series from what I have read so far. There isn't anything out there that is on par with the Cadillac's 6.0L engine unfortunately.

Originally posted by Tanner
    There isn't anything out there that is on par with the Cadillac's 6.0L engine unfortunately.
    There ain't no replacement for displacement!

Those CTS-V's can be seriously fast. I ran with some at Pocono in the NASACAR oval and I have lots of respect for those cars.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Not to side track the discussion but it's really odd seeing a CTS-V chase down and pass a Porsche on a race track. I'm not all that impressed with GM after the last race at Laguna as they were driving pretty rough in order to capture the manufacturer's title.

I don't know about you fellas, but it seems the Caddy is chasing an RS6 with an open rear driver's side door. Might be that the RS6 is more aerodynamic with opened doors?

Originally posted by nene
    I don't know about you fellas, but it seems the Caddy is chasing an RS6 with an open rear driver's side door. Might be that the RS6 is more aerodynamic with opened doors?
    I remember that race. Galati almost got Black Flagged.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

It was funny seeing Galati's door swing open around a corner. One of the other teams was trying to get the SCCA to black flag the RS6 because they had an 'aerodynamic' advantage.

Of course the next day they had so much more reward weight they had to gamble off the start to get in the lead but didn't work. Pobst had quite the excursion on the grass after turn one and had it full throttle hoping to get out of the grass but didn't work.