Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Stippler: "7:58" is no problem

Pictures reports from the famous Nordschleife Ring is always great.
    When Frank Stippler is behind the wheel of the new RS4 doing the ring in 7:58, this is even better.

I think those numbers are very impressive. Am I wrong or the new RS4 is the first Audi to do the Ring is less than 8 min?? Despite the fact that it has no turbos, it seems that Audi Quattro GmbH did a pretty decent job . Let´s hope that with a few more laps around the ring it can get closer to the CSL times..
    Does anyone know what were the weather and track conditions during this test??
    [img]http://img157.exs.cx/img157/6690/coletanea1qw.jpg[/img]
    Audi Wallpapers: [url]http://public.fotki.com/S3rdias/[/url]

If Pirelli P zero is a less god tier than Michelin Cup, i guess Audi did wrong even when chosing tier manufactor. They are looking and aming for BMW so it was their bad, Do you think Audi would deliver a sportscar as RS4 whit bad tiers,

Now the biggest differens betwen the to tiers is not the grip leven to my understanding even Cup are slightly better in grip i think. The cups are moore consistent, they are doing the same job under a period of time, where the pirellis differ.

We shold not forget that this Stippler time is not so to speak offical. Even the M5 has reported about 8min laps when Stuck or chassienginerings drove the M5 around.

Im sure the RS4 will preform, but we have to wait and see what Horst drive it beccuse he is the guy driving all car and settingt the times for sport auto, and we hope for a good time then

"Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

benman ...dont hate the player, hate the game

Originally posted by M&M
    WOW My grandather's gardener told me the V8 M3 will do 6:06 on ice. WTF?

I can't believe you guys get excited about getting within 10 secs of a CSL. That's actually a joke. CSl was released in 2002.

If the RS4 on street tyres beats the M5, then that's great. We should all go buy RS4's for the track.
    M5 is driven by Horst 8.13min whit street tiers. Stuck is reported done the same setup on around 8 min. So my guess is M5 would go a bit faster than RS4 on the ring if it also had r-compound whan tested. Anyway it would be about the same time i guess

Its differens betwen the to on hockenheim on about under a sek i think it was? The RS4 was i bit faster due to tiers of course

M5 was as well on street tiers on hockenheim.
    RS4 R-comp
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

If Pirelli P zero is a less god tier than Michelin Cup, i guess Audi did wrong even when chosing tier manufactor. They are looking and aming for BMW so it was their bad, Do you think Audi would deliver a sportscar as RS4 whit bad tiers,
    Yes, Audi is very good at that. My RS6 was supplied with Dunlops SP 9000 which were absolute and utter junk for a car like an RS6.
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

Originally posted by avdh
    Yes, Audi is very good at that. My RS6 was supplied with Dunlops SP 9000 which were absolute and utter junk for a car like an RS6.
    I guess BMW is as bad then as M6 comes stock whit PirelliP zero corsa, as well as Ferrari 360 CS and Porsche GT3 RS.

My point was that Pirelli Pzero Corsa is not a bad tier at all.
    And the new assymetrico Pirelli r- compound that obove cars as well as RS4 is fitted whit is for sure up a level in wet grip if comered to the Michelins Cups.
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
    I guess BMW is as bad then as M6 comes stock whit PirelliP zero corsa, as well as Ferrari 360 CS and Porsche GT3 RS.

My point was that Pirelli Pzero Corsa is not a bad tier at all.
    And the new assymetrico Pirelli r- compound that obove cars as well as RS4 is fitted whit is for sure up a level in wet grip if comered to the Michelins Cups.
    As we are in to tiers, the word is that Michelin is out whit a new tier that outpreforms the very god CUP, its named RACE.

I herd this from a guy i know he works at Manthay Racing at the ring. But that the only thing i herd about this tier anybody herd some thing?
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

It's very hard to believe that the GT3 RS and M3 CSL are faster than 360 CS (PCorsa and CCM brakes), i think it' s a fable.......

With Pzero Corsa.

BMW M3
    1.16,3 with normal tire

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hawk; October 15th, 2005 at 23:39.

Registered User India Whiskey Charlie's Avatar
    Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
    It is important to note that the Pilot Sport Cup was only mounted on the CSL which is a much more raw car than the RS4 will be. For Audi to offer the Pirelli Corsa "System" as an option on the RS4 says a lot. It is an excellent R-compound tire that is also drivable in the wet. Something you cannot do with the Pilot Sport Cup.

Originally posted by Hawk
    It's very hard to believe that the GT3 RS and M3 CSL are faster than 360 CS (PCorsa and CCM brakes), i think it' s a fable.......

[IMG] http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1...rtauto27eb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9...rtauto11kq.jpg[/IMG]

With Pzero Corsa.

BMW M3
    1.16,3 with normal tire
    [IMG] http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8257/sa997s44io.jpg[/IMG]

What do you think?
    I think its as clear as crystal
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Let me get this straight? An RS4 does 1:15.8 with P-Zero Corsa's. The 5 year old M3 does 1:16.3 with normal tyres? OK, I understand. Viva RS4! It is a remarkable car & moved the bar way above the M3.

I think 7:58 (no problemo) says way more of a car than a time around the short hockenheim, if it end up in a time around 7:53 ...well I guess csl drivers even starts waisting carbonfibre to loose more weight ...even the topgear testrack is longer than short hockenheim (where the V8 S4 was faster than e46 M3)

Don't want to start on german tests again ..few things though! In the RS4 test it says that the M3 got 46 points ...and when they tested the car it got 45

It looks to me like they use different drivers in different tests?? ...if so

I'm way more interested how the E90 M3 will stand up to the RS4 ..the E46 don't stand a chanse in my opinion.

//Magnus

Originally posted by M&M
    Let me get this straight? An RS4 does 1:15.8 with P-Zero Corsa's. The 5 year old M3 does 1:16.3 with normal tyres? OK, I understand. Viva RS4! It is a remarkable car & moved the bar way above the M3.
    The fact is, over and over again, you sit in your chair, come to an Audi internet forum, click on the subsection of a car you don't even like, and seek out threads where fans are talking a little over-enthusiastically about it so you can click reply and prove them wrong. There are better ways to spend your time buddy.

I've said this about a 1000 times.

If you don't like a car, buy another.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by buyalemon

I'm way more interested how the E90 M3 will stand up to the RS4 ..the E46 don't stand a chanse in my opinion.

//Magnus
    What? Can you read. Half a second difference at Hockenheim with a major tyre advantage. Sikilar times to 200. What are you tlakoing about.

Maybe for you, you can argue that an RS4 will be a superior car for other reasons, but in performance it isn't much faster than an E46 M3.

Unless all the magazines in the world are rigged. Say, I didn't think of that. Maybe Sport Auto is on BMW's payroll. What say you guys? Am I onto something here?

When I was 6, I used to berate my little brother for liking his "inferior" toys. By the time I was 7, I realised I was being a bit of a sh!t and I should leave him be.

Hey Spada, violence is not the answer man. Let it go son. You can do it, I know you can.

But seriously, I'm sure the RS4 will be a great car. I'm sure it does a lot of things well. I just don't think it's performance is what we were expecting. Both on the straights & on the track. If that offends you, then so be it. I'm sure in the back of your mind you are thinking the same thing.

But hey, that doesn't mean it won't make a lot of people happy.