Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Stippler: "7:58" is no problem

No 1 Frank Stippler: "7:58" is no problem

As you may know I drove the RS4 on Gotland Ring (Sweden) last Saturday. I then flew to Nürburgring, Germany, and was lucky enough to meet Frank Stippler (Audi DTM-driver) driving VIPs in teh new Audi RS4.
    What a day! Lovely summer weather once the morning fog cleared.

According to F. Stippler he drive the Audi RS4 around the Nürbrugring in 7.58 with P Zero Corsa.

This is a very fast time!
    27 seconds faster than the precious RS4 and 22 seconds faster than the M3 E46.
    Source: http://www.track-challenge.com/main_...r1=2%26Car2=10
    Unfortunately there was no possibility for me to get a passanger lap this time but the VIPs who did came back with eyes wide open. :bigeyes:

And as I was leaving and getting my rental car a Pagani Zonda parked beside it. Needless to say I stayed another 2 hours and witnessed Horst von Saurma drive the Ferrari F430 and the Pagani Zonda F for the supertest.

I spoke to the test driver / chief editor of sport auto Horst von Saurma about the RS4 time and he said that "7:58" is quite possible. However they will not test it until the spring.

For more info on Mr Stippler: http://www.frank-stippler.de/

The "old" RS4 Avant vs. the new Audi RS4. Mr Stippler ready to enter the blue devil.

RS4 and Porsche GT3 RS. Note the Nürburgring statue in the back.

Frank Stippler, Audi DTM driver behind the wheel.

On the way out to the entrance to the track

Stealing the show. Ferrari F430 and Pagani Zonda F about to be 'supertested.'

LOL! Team Pagani fine tuning the Zonda F before the test.
    Mr. Pagani himself to the left. Or should I say Mr. Bang-gani

Mr. Horst von Saurma in front of the Ferrari F430 on P Zero Corsas. "7:58" is quite possible with the Audi RS4.

Pics from the http://www.rs6.com/gallery

Have a look, I might throw in a bonus or two
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Nice story and pics Erik!
    Im pretty sure Stippler would drive the CSL a bit under 7.50 if you know what i mean.

Im sure lokking forward to Horst tryout, it will be wery intresting to se if he get it under Stippler.

If he get it under CSL 7.50 you have my word i will change car instant And you know to what car i change then
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

Originally posted by 8:05 RS6
    Im pretty sure Stippler would drive the CSL a bit under 7.50 if you know what i mean.
    Yes, I think Stippler is probably a bit sharper than HvS but we'll see. It's nice to see it is possible to get confirmation on a time below 8:00, it's lower than I expected.

Originally posted by Erik
    Yes, I think Stippler is probably a bit sharper than HvS but we'll see. It's nice to see it is possible to get confirmation on a time below 8:00, it's lower than I expected.

What was expected? Do we may have a thred here when we was guessing what RS4 would do round the ring?

Stipplers lap, is it official?
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Stipplers lap, is it official?
    Official and official. If he tells me he tells me, I just made it official

Another note. Stippler said you can add 10-12 secs for a car with normal tires. That's still M5 terrirtory.

I expected a time around 8:02-8:10.

Nice story and pics Erik!
    Amazing and AMAZING!:bigeyes:

After all the speculation, now comes something at least approaching tangible. Yes Gote, the CSL might be 10 seconds faster, but dang, that is a CSL WITH R compounds like the RS 4, so all things being equal, within ten seconds to the CSL is quite good!

Last I checked on track challenge, a Challenge Stradale WITH R compounds runs a 7:56! My goodness, the RS 4 is within a few ticks! And that is a car with VERY few creature comforts and room for two butts ONLY!

"10-12 seconds for regular tires", even if it was 15 seconds, that would put the RS 4 on PAR with the ALL NEW M5! Incredible! So the quys at quattro GmbH wre NOT pulling my leg when they smiled about the Ring times and said, "Just wait and see".

Well done, well done indeed for a car with the whole freaking engine hanging out in front of the wheels!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

No M&M today? ...really misses that guy right now

Originally posted by buyalemon
    No M&M today? ...really misses that guy right now
    Hey, don't start it!

Originally posted by Benman
    Amazing and AMAZING!:bigeyes:

After all the speculation, now comes something at least approaching tangible. Yes Gote, the CSL might be 10 seconds faster, but dang, that is a CSL WITH R compounds like the RS 4, so all things being equal, within ten seconds to the CSL is quite good!

Last I checked on track challenge, a Challenge Stradale WITH R compounds runs a 7:56! My goodness, the RS 4 is within a few ticks! And that is a car with VERY few creature comforts and room for two butts ONLY!

"10-12 seconds for regular tires", even if it was 15 seconds, that would put the RS 4 on PAR with the ALL NEW M5! Incredible! So the quys at quattro GmbH wre NOT pulling my leg when they smiled about the Ring times and said, "Just wait and see".

Well done, well done indeed for a car with the whole freaking engine hanging out in front of the wheels!

Ben
    Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure but its not eqal before we get Horst lap time whit RS4 then it fair, well even CSL is an old car and RS4 brand new I just hope Horst dont go faster then Stippler in RS4.(hi,hi)

Well as I said in erlyer post, RS4 will go better on a fast track as the ring than i did at Hockenheim. The engin hanging out is not an big issue on the ring, well not if we compare to slower tracks anyway.

10 sek is how much a difrens we all want it to be. CSL is just 10 sek after carrera GT according to track challenge sure its not on r-compound and it differ in temp on air and asphalt when CGT and CSL was tested.

Well, well i dont want to take the credit of RS4, its heck of a car anyway, and i will own one and go to the mountains in winter time and i guess my CSL is not much worth then

Erik semed to had a jolly god time anyway
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Originally posted by Erik
    Hey, don't start it!
    Amen, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure...
    That is for sure. That the RS 4 can get so close to it's Ring times... don't worry Gote, there is nothing you COULD say to take credit away from the Mini Beast!

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

The fact that the RS4 is a 4-door saloon that can be used all year round, and not a hardcore 2-door coupe track car only, like the CSL, is what makes the RS4 such a success (especially if it is running so close to the M3 CSL's track time) which is the pure objective of the CSL being built - a track car!!

Me thinks the RS4 is gonna be surprising a lot of people!!

WOW My grandather's gardener told me the V8 M3 will do 6:06 on ice. WTF?

I can't believe you guys get excited about getting within 10 secs of a CSL. That's actually a joke. CSl was released in 2002.

If the RS4 on street tyres beats the M5, then that's great. We should all go buy RS4's for the track.

Originally posted by Vorsprung
    The fact that the RS4 is a 4-door saloon that can be used all year round, and not a hardcore 2-door coupe track car only, like the CSL, is what makes the RS4 such a success (especially if it is running so close to the M3 CSL's track time) which is the pure objective of the CSL being built - a track car!!

Me thinks the RS4 is gonna be surprising a lot of people!!
    agreed!

Sure Ben CSL is one Dang of a car for sure but its not eqal before we get Horst lap time whit RS4 then it fair, well even CSL is an old car and RS4 brand new I just hope Horst dont go faster then Stippler in RS4.(hi,hi)

Well as I said in erlyer post, RS4 will go better on a fast track as the ring than i did at Hockenheim. The engin hanging out is not an big issue on the ring, well not if we compare to slower tracks anyway.

10 sek is how much a difrens we all want it to be. CSL is just 10 sek after carrera GT according to track challenge sure its not on r-compound and it differ in temp on air and asphalt when CGT and CSL was tested.

Well, well i dont want to take the credit of RS4, its heck of a car anyway, and i will own one and go to the mountains in winter time and i guess my CSL is not much worth then

Edit: CSL is 10 sek after CGT, does that mean CSL is as fast as CGT, in my opinion far from it

Erik semed to had a jolly god time anyway
    Edit: CSL is 10 sek after CGT, does that mean CSL is as fast as CGT, in my opinion far from it
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

7:58 is no problem ...does this mean the car might do it in 7:52? ...I guess Mr Stippler is one of few who knows. By the way ..how fast was 996 turbo??

//Magnus

RS4 is a good car. I lik the engine concept & the more rear-biased quattro. The price will be crucial to its success or failure.

Originally posted by M&M
    WOW My grandather's gardener told me the V8 M3 will do 6:06 on ice. WTF?
    Curse your hide buyalemon!!! You just HAD to get him going didn't you?:trash:

Don't you ever watch "That 70's Show"? Remember the mother telling young Erick Forman, "Erick, how many times did I tell you, don't poke the bear, DON'T poke the bear!"

Ben
    Ron Paul Fan

Not trying to magnify the numbers, but the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup are much better than the Pirelli P Zero Corsas in lap time. Sport Auto Magazine did a test that showed 0,5sec of difference between them on the same day/track/driver. In the same test they claimed an average difference of 2sec from R-tires over “normal “ tires. So a 25% gain.

Too much math and theory, but I think that the RS4 is even closer to the CSL, but with much much more amenities.

Remembering that I’m very upset by the fact that the RS4 comes with a screamer NA engine.