Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of Mod's !

Aftermath of Mod's !

I have been out of the office since wednsday afternoon after the final install of ECM,TCU, DV, Fuel pressure regulator.
    Here is my final thoughts on everything I have done to date.

1. Warning to everyone out there, if you ever take of the air filter/MAF housing's out be certain that you get it back in there correctly TRIPLE check your selves otherwise you will get (a day later) CEL with codes for Mixture too lean & Mixture too rich. PM me if you do have any questions.

2. As far as the exhaust goes it sounds GREAT, can really hear the turbos howling when you hammer it and the deep throaty growl is ever so sweet esp. if you are outside in another car behind the RS6, inside you hear it but nothing compares to the sound in the back of the car when you mash the throttle. Too much sound insulation in the trunk I guess.

3. O.CT chip tuning is everything I expected it to be as before except now there is much more power present with the DP and a single cat per bank.
    The Tiptronic chip is so precise and shifts with authority and no slack as before especially in S mode.
    Installing everything was relatively simple and straightforward including the DV's and fuel pressre regulator as well. The DP will take a good chunk of a work day to install and are the most difficult. I have put on around 300 miles since wednsday night after everything was installed and unfortunatelly it was raining so I could do much but man did it feel powerful.

4. According to Stratmosphere and Bob this package gives an output of aprox. 550HP/550LBS/TQ and to me it feels like it, we will see when I get her on a dyno one of these days to see actually what she is puting to the ground and that is not accurate do to the differences in pressure. temp etc. you know what I mean.

Overall I am EXTREMELY satisfied withj everything I have done and yes its been a tough one but it is done and so am I for a long time with any more mods, got to concetrate on the GT2 next. Again the NAV-plus is a kick ass system and is something you enjoy seeing everytime you get in the car.

All the best to all,

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

That is great Bajo. Keep us posted as you break it in.

Bajo, Bajo, Bajo...

You're just TRYING to tempt me!

Glad your projects are done and are enjoying the "Evolved" Beast. My goodness, you haven't even had it that long and are already turning it into...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Originally posted by Benman
    Bajo, Bajo, Bajo...

You're just TRYING to tempt me!

Who MEEEEE? Well maybe !

Glad your projects are done and are enjoying the "Evolved" Beast. My goodness, you haven't even had it that long and are already turning it into...

Ben

I know it was impossible to live with me until a couple of days ago, but all is said and done its WONDERFUL again.

What a difference in the way the car responds now its amazing to hear the turbos whistle at the slightest throttle input.
    Nene how is the NAV mod going for you? Did you have yours VAG'ed ? That is one sweet system we have isnt it.
    You guys have a GREAT weekend

Bajo

Re: Aftermath of Mod's !

Originally posted by Bajors6
    I have been out of the office since wednsday afternoon after the final install of ECM,TCU, DV, Fuel pressure regulator.
    Here is my final thoughts on everything I have done to date.

1. Warning to everyone out there, if you ever take of the air filter/MAF housing's out be certain that you get it back in there correctly TRIPLE check your selves otherwise you will get (a day later) CEL with codes for Mixture too lean & Mixture too rich. PM me if you do have any questions.

2. As far as the exhaust goes it sounds GREAT, can really hear the turbos howling when you hammer it and the deep throaty growl is ever so sweet esp. if you are outside in another car behind the RS6, inside you hear it but nothing compares to the sound in the back of the car when you mash the throttle. Too much sound insulation in the trunk I guess.

3. O.CT chip tuning is everything I expected it to be as before except now there is much more power present with the DP and a single cat per bank.
    The Tiptronic chip is so precise and shifts with authority and no slack as before especially in S mode.
    Installing everything was relatively simple and straightforward including the DV's and fuel pressre regulator as well. The DP will take a good chunk of a work day to install and are the most difficult. I have put on around 300 miles since wednsday night after everything was installed and unfortunatelly it was raining so I could do much but man did it feel powerful.

4. According to Stratmosphere and Bob this package gives an output of aprox. 550HP/550LBS/TQ and to me it feels like it, we will see when I get her on a dyno one of these days to see actually what she is puting to the ground and that is not accurate do to the differences in pressure. temp etc. you know what I mean.

Overall I am EXTREMELY satisfied withj everything I have done and yes its been a tough one but it is done and so am I for a long time with any more mods, got to concetrate on the GT2 next. Again the NAV-plus is a kick ass system and is something you enjoy seeing everytime you get in the car.

All the best to all,

Bajo
    Common please dyno it
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Bajo...what are you thinking of replacing the G with???
    I read somewhere you are selling it....

Nothing, I am giving it to my brother, he really likes it, me I am over it.
    Thanks for the info on the restaurant, when you come to Chicago we will def. have to go and grab some dinner and not have any cevapcici, bunch of places here wher eyou can get good food.

All the best.

Bajo

Definitely bud....
    I am always for good eats!!!! My biggest pleasure in life!!!

Although I am skinny as a stick!!!! LOL :360:

Re: Re: Aftermath of Mod's !

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Common please dyno it
    i want to know also.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Bajo -

Since you're in the western suburbs, Chicago Performance and Tuning is pretty close by. www.gocpt.com .

Al just installed a new dyno, so you should run over there to see "wot'llshedooo!"

I'd go just to watch, if the timing works out. Heck, I might even put my car up there just for kicks!

ZCD,

Thanls for the info I will call them to set up a time and find out how many pennies to bring.
    I cant wait for the drag day to see what she will actually do in the 1/4 mile.

Bajo

Originally posted by Bajors6
    I will call them to set up a time and find out how many pennies to bring.
    Bajo
    Post after you set-up your appointment, I'd like to try to spectate also.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

me too
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I am out of town this week, but will call them next week and set up a date and will post here when its gonna happen.
    Will be nice to meet some guys from here.

Bajo

Cool!

If anybody cares, I'm going to have my car dyoned at CPT tomorrow evening, 10/14/05, at about 5pm. Hope to be done by 6-6-30, then I'll be headed to the driver's meeting before the ABCC Audi driver's event this weekend.

Even though it's ONLY a 2.7T, I'm still stoked to see "wotsheeelllldoooo"!!!

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T

Even though it's ONLY a 2.7T, I'm still stoked to see "wotsheeelllldoooo"!!!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what mods do you have on your 2.7T?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

wish i was closer.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Originally posted by Benman
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but what mods do you have on your 2.7T?

Ben
    Interesting that you assumed that my car is modded.......It's not.

It's a bone-stock 2004 2.7T "S-line". Factory numbers are 265HP/280TQ versus the "normal" 2.7T numbers of 250HP/258TQ. Basically, this state of tune is the same as the original B5 S4 when released in Europe.

The engine, modded, can make 400+HP reliably, but the Tiptronic trans (wait!...an Audi trans that's marginal???? Can't BE!!!! ;-) ) can't take much more than about 310lb. ft. without jeopardizing long-term reliability.

I'm just running it on the dyno for sh*ts and grins. (and because I'll be there picking up the car with its brand new Zimmerman slotted rotors and Carbotech XP8 brake pads - and hoping they hold up at the track!)