Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 Exhaust

RS6 Exhaust

Before any one one yells SEARCH !!!

I did already, I need your guys opinion on aftermarket exhaust for the beast, I had a Milltek exhaust on the previous monster and was happy, BUT I want something with a more prounounced roar, my G55 sounded so damn good I miss hearing that sound and its not bothersome to me at all.
    Please dont mention APR or their silly BB design, I seen the Eisanmann system but it only replaces the rear mufflers???? Whats up with that, cannot get a sound clip from their site though. There is got to be others that are making the systems for an RS6, Yes I liked MTM's exhaust but I dont feel like paying $5k for a system when my GT2 Fabspeed costs only $2500. Anyway my praise to MTM but not for me thats a lot of money for an exhaust. So
    If anyone has any opinions please do share with me and the board. All info is greatly appreciated and needed.

Thank you Gents!
    Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Wow, 34 views and NO replies!

I must have touched a serious subject here that no one want's to embrace.

I know the true die hard RS6'ers will come thru with their skill and knowledge, speaking of which where has the Nord been, always enjoy reading his posts even though I dont agree with him all the time he is a wealth of knowledgde as is Nene, Erik, Benman, Stu, too many guys to mention.
    Just looking for input from all of you!

Bajo

Go for MTM

It seems that you don't want to hear this, but I must admit the MTM would be my choice, and probably should be yours too. I agree that it is way too expensive for a couple of tubes of stainless steel. I must admit that their product is second to none though.

I have an MTM exhaust on the S4 (now my sisters), and it has been there since 2001. No issues at all. One thing I hate about it is that the rear muffler is too visible from behind. However, with the MTM RS6 exhaust that is no longer true.
    I saw it in person, and heard it as well, under load, normal driving, and idle. Loved it.

For now the sound is not so much of an issue to me, as the looks are. The quad exhaust certainly makes the RS6 less of a sleeper, but still worth for looks, manufacturing, and sound.
    I'm sticking with my stock sound enhanced exhaust, and happy about it.

I must admit that it is not the $5K that is stopping me from purchasing the MTM piece though. If those quad exhaust pipes came in the same black color tips as the stock I got, I'd be all over it like a deadbeat "john" on a "hoe".

Good luck.

Teaser pic:

Take a look at: www.topgear.de

They produce the Exhaust Systems for the major German Audi Tuners like ABT, Oettinger, MTM etc.

You can choose different Sound Levels and you also get Sport Catalytic Converter 100CPSI with Downpipes, which are needed if you want to go for a breathtaking Soundlevel... could be too loud for daily use.

Hope this will help,

CU Qisha

I can recommend sportec not to loud until you hammer past 4,000rpm. Better sound than the OEM sport exh.
    CESA
    cesa

Re: Go for MTM

Originally posted by nene
    If those quad exhaust pipes came in the same black color tips as the stock I got, I'd be all over it like a deadbeat "john" on a "hoe".

Nice.

Hey there Bajo. I'm with nene on the stock "enhanced" exhaust. Mine sounds plenty like the river boat and gets me enough thumbs up and turned heads so an even louder exhaust isn't something I need.

You could also ask Ricky (hard to miss with those flashy new rims ), he'll have a recommendation for sure.

Yeah, haven't seen Nord lately, I do know he travels a LOT so might just be out and about.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Thank you all, topgear has been contacted, Nene I understand your point.
    Does anyone of these tuners have sound clips?

Thank's Again

Bajo

Well, I put on an Eisenmann and have posted my observations elsewhere on this forum. I'm pleased, but I also purchased it used from someone who thought it was too loud at certain rpms and got a nice discount. Had I not gotten the discount, I might gone a different route. That said, I still enjoy it. I think the website is www.eisenmann-technik.de. There are definitely sound clips (I listened to them myself when I was considering the Eisenmann). It's in German, so navigate by pictures, or, better yet, do a search for RS6 or Audi. The clips and pictures will come up (I just checked...they're still there).

I can't speak to the other systems, but I'm still happy with my Eisenmann.

CW

Cornerswell,
    Thanks for the input, I am trying to play the sound clips from their site to no avail, but anyway.
    Loud is not my concern I want to hear the engine pumping, the Eisanmann system only replaces the rear muffler if I am correct, at least from what I can see in their pictures and does not replace the resonators after the cats as the Milltek does, wonder why?
    There has got to be a system that totally replaces the center resonators and offers freer flowing mufflers therefore reducing backpressure and giving great sound and therefore with lessening backpressure gives a tad more power. I will keep searching.
    Thank's
    Bajo

Can't say why you're having difficulties with playing the sound files. I played them this morning. However, I can't play them with a Mac. I can only access them from a Windows/Intel machine. It's a windows media player page, I think.

You're correct about the Eisenmann. It's from the cat back only. So, basically, it's just new mufflers. Stupid price, though. It took me a saturday morning to get it on and fitted up to my satisfaction. Lots of tools. Not a DIY project unless you have a lift, and a killer set of tools!

CW

factory enhanced hand built exhaust is good for me

Having $1K option sound enhancing exhaust is good enough for me. I can't seet throwing away such a nice exhaust system which is already special and unique.
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

I just fitted the "REMUS" system. Its only from the resonators back. Has polished oval tips and was $1,500 USD. Very well made and I love the new sound. Remus makes the systems for MTM and others.

To me the cost of a whole system did not add up as you only have the cat's , rsonators and the two mufflers, unless you wanted high-flo cat's, but then I'd go aftermarket.
    2003 Nogaro RS6 Avant
    2002 R34 Skyline M Spec NUR
    1970 Cuda Convertible (588ci)

Having $1K option sound enhancing exhaust is good enough for me. I can't seet throwing away such a nice exhaust system which is already special and unique.
    Did it once will do it again until I get one that I AM HAPPY WITH!

I just fitted the "REMUS" system. Its only from the resonators back. Has polished oval tips and was $1,500 USD. Very well made and I love the new sound. Remus makes the systems for MTM and others.
    Will try them,

Thanks ya'll

Bajo

Any of you guys in Europe have or heard the Cargraphic exhaust? If so please post your input of what you think of it, I believe theirs is like the Eisanmann system with only the rear mufflers being replaced.
    Hmm Looks like its gonna be Milltek if I dont find anything else, which is good at least with their system I know what I am getting because I have had it on before and like their sound and PERFECT fit.

Bajo

You can also get a complete Exhaust System from Cat to Backbox. Good quality, known for Porsche... special Sound. The complete System without German TüV... too loud.

Qisha,
    I called Cargraphic USA and the guy doesnt know if they ever made or produced them???? He said he would call Germany and get back to me, today so far no phone call, oh well his loss.
    Looks like I am gonna go with the complete Milltek system with the downpipes and exhaust system, stay tuned will let everyone know what happens

I know I am going to be cursing like a mad man cause those downpipes will not go easy, oh well time to get myhands dirty and get back to some wrenching again.

Bajo

Hmmmm,just talked to the Remus distributor and he is talking like $730 plus shipping for the WHOLE cat back system.
    That has to be too good to be true, I see APR all over again where I get it and it sounds quiter than stock, WHY does it have to be so damn hard, oh screw it I am going with something true and tried and that is Milltek.

Bajo

Check the german Website: www.cargraphic.de

I called Cargraphic to check for you:

the complete Exhaust System is only made for Export. So, you are able to order it.

1.890,00 Euro + Shipping