Thread: Video: New Ring record 7:15,63 min. Porsche's back!

Video: New Ring record 7:15,63 min. Porsche's back!

The definition of street car may be discussed, but the Porsche has broken the record.

Donkervoorten did it in 7:18,01 min, but is now beaten

- 996 GT 2 3,6 lit. 612 hk, 785 Nm
    0 - 100 km/h in ca. 3,5 s
    0 - 200 km/h in ca. 9,5 s
    0 - 300 km/h in ca. 22,5 s

Any info on the tires???

http://www.kw-gmbh.de/motorsport/pag...ive=0&offset=0

http://www.edo-competition.de/

Video with BTG lap in c:a 7.20 : http://www.edo-competition.net/movie...eife_gt2rs.wmv

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Are those number plates for show?

In Germany you can sometimes deceide the plates yourself.

Here's more information...
    http://www.edo-competition.net/pdf/d...att_gt2rss.pdf

Rumor has it the GT2 was on street tires, not even r-tires.

My friend johann from Schwedenkreuz was there on the same day, he should know when I speak to him.

Omg! That movie was a rush... Any ideas on how to get down to earth again?

YEAH! Aweome! Porsche has done it! Well EDO to be exact.

On my trip I had the honor of listening to the pair of EDO Porsches BLOWING past me on the Ring! I didn't know at the time they were there practicing for the record, but as this video shows, that is exactly what they were doing!

The video does not do justice to how rad these Porsches sound. They were even better than the sounds from the Zactec (spell?) Viper and the Ferrari 360 and 430 that were there. Total amazing sound.

Also, I noticed in the video there was VERY little tire squeel. So if these were only street tires then that is all the MORE amazing! Massive control and not even driving 10/10th to get a 7:15! All hail EDO's Porsche!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

N.B. The video can't be from the record run, but it's still a very fast lap.

The Viper is from http://www.zakspeed.de/ and it's like a Ring Taxi as well.

Lets be quite clear about this, The EDO cars are NOT street legal, if you tell me they have registrastion plates, sorry but I can sticlk plates on any race car and drive it on the Nordschleife if I am from a German race team. Been there, done that.
    The truth is, EDO avoids direct competition with German race teams. But builds race cars. They do not race against Manthey or Altzen, and are not as fast.
    This car is a race car, you cannot drive it on the street. It stinks. It has a race sequential gearbox, crap suspension and a front splitter that slices and dices undersized road kill.
    They have built an underperforming race car and are salvaging their bucks by trying to claim some kind of production record.
    Sorry Edo, back to the drawing board

R+C

Originally posted by Erik
    N.B. The video can't be from the record run, but it's still a very fast lap.
    I thought the video was from the record lap. It starts at the beginning of the LONG straight and ends there and the video is 7minutes and 15 seconds.

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Lets be quite clear about this, The EDO cars are NOT street legal

This car is a race car, you cannot drive it on the street. It stinks. It has a race sequential gearbox, crap suspension and a front splitter that slices and dices undersized road kill.
    Kinda harsh no?

You just described the Radical AND the Donkervoorten, so what's the difference?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

As i understand its discussed on german forums how they did get this car street leagel. As a friend said, how did they get this wing on the edo car opproved for streets, the man approved it was probably drunk
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

Porsche

wow, nordschleife, I never knew that cars with "crap" suspensions can set records on the Ring. I'll take my Pontiac there then...LOL
    if you have a rotten, unloved Audi RS2 or a Mazda 323 GT-R - drop me a line :)

That's not fair to break the record by using KITT
    It would be an unbeatable laptime