Thread: Lock on speed (anti-hijack) fault.

Lock on speed (anti-hijack) fault.

I have made a quick search, but can't see anyother posts relating to this problem.

Has anyone else enabled the automatic door locking feature and found that after some time that it stops functioning? This has been annoying me for some time - the only way of re-enabling the feature is to unset and reset it.

Browsing through ELSA last week, I discovered that this is known problem - a fault in the software (v D37) in the central locking control module.

Of course, even though it's a known issue, the dealer still insisted that I took the car in for them to look at, which I did this morning (together with printouts from ELSA!). The car is now booked back in on Thursday, to have the module changed.

This fault may apply to all A6 derivatives (2002 onwards?) with a production date earlier than July 2003 (VIN 4B3N099686).
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)

I have enabled it on two A6's so far, and it has not failed on me.

Auto unlock as well, if you open you door the other doors unlock.

This is disabled if you lock the doors with the button before driving.

Also, I set all the doors to unlock with the first push of the remote button.

Mike

I've enabled mine using my own VAG tool about 6 months ago, and still going strong. If it does fail, I'll report.

I had this problem on my 03 4.2.. They had to replace the central locking unit due to a software problem..No problems on my RS6 tho..

There probably aren't many US RS6s with a production date earlier than July 2003?
    03 RS6 Avant - Daytona Grey, Silver Leather/Alcantara :)