Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Many Miles?

Originally posted by quattroboy
    ...like we didn't get the Recaro's or the tire pressure sensors in the US...
    I agree that the seats in US purely suck comparing with Recaros here but you did not miss anything with the factory tire pressure system - the way it comes it is not user friendly and when it goes off you have no choice to either stop and look up the tires or, if you have no flat, just keep on going.

I installed the Tire Rack sensors with display and it is mucho better because you get analougue pressure readout on each tire any time you want to look at it and of course temperature and individual settings.

15months, 15000km (mtm stage 3 after 2000km) no problem with the car enjoy every moment.

Nice to see, Bob come back - where have you been hiding?

Also, nice to see these RS6s take the ups and downs of everyday motoring with a pinch of salt, some more fortunate than others.

As for the gripes with the dealership customer relations, from my understanding the dealerships are independant from Audi (Franchised) therefore Audi doesn't have complete control over training of key customer personnel.

Nice to see, Bob come back - where have you been hiding?
    Thanks, Klint. I've been watching the board all of the time, just staying stealthy. LOL

Where are all of our European members? We would love to hear from you. Some of you should ahve had your beast longer and have more feedback.

PS I also bought the extended warranty. If I keep the car, it could pay off if something major goes wrong. If I sell it, its a good selling point.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

26 months, 11,500km, MTM stage 2 508 bhp version with MTM 380mm frond disk and MoveIt rear brake. Going to have stage 3 mods 1 month later together with H sport sway bar.
    No major problem so far, being happy with the beast, family members also like it.
    One ticket, the officer got 135km/h figure on his laser gun, but he said his laser gun was malfunctioned, can only detect in 150m distance, he saw the beast ran damn fast but the gun could not caught the actual speed. He ask how fast did I drive, I told me I don't know and I don't feel I have been speeding because I can't feel a thing before 200km/h. Then he start to notice this is not a normal station wagon. He watched the idside of the car, 310Km/h meter????? The officer ask, what kind of car is this? Then he gave me a ticket for other reason, "change lane without proper signal",not for speeding.

Originally posted by Finnus

Where are all of our European members? We would love to hear from you. Some of you should ahve had your beast longer and have more feedback.
    Yes, The Brit for one. I know he sold his Beast but he still probably had the most miles.

Haven't heard much from him lately...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

On Audiworld iconcls has 50,000 miles :bigeyes: thats miles not kilomiters. I think he has the most Miles on an RS6 in US. I wish him luck without a warranty.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Originally posted by nyrs6
    On Audiworld iconcls has 50,000 miles :bigeyes: thats miles not kilomiters. I think he has the most Miles on an RS6 in US. I wish him luck without a warranty.
    :bigeyes: :bigeyes: Someone here in the States actually has enough miles to surpass the warranty! Wow. I'll also be interested to see how his experience with the Beast goes now that there is no warranty to back up the car. Go iconcls!
    Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Smile

12 months, 12000 miles (I only do 5 miles a day to work and back- the rest has been sheer fun) No tickets. New battery and a set of tyres, which were part-worn when I got the car. My Audi dealer's customer relations have been great. Polite, efficient, car valetted evry time they look at it, several free adjustments to setup and good coffee on tap.

Love the Car!!

Bought in Feb of this year...23T miles so far (bought it CPO), changed tires once, no issues except......

I am having a horrible ride currently!!! It feels like a bad cab ride in NYC (OK, maybe not that bad..) the "rumble strip" bouncing I get from going over roughly surfaces is VERY annoying and noisy -- like the rumbling rattling you hear when riding a really bad cab...more dangerous though, is the lateral movement I get when going over rough surfaces at speed..to me, my problem is a safety issue and needs to be fixed... the service manager stays after driving my car that "it is within spec"....NO WAY!! do any of you have an idea of what my problem is?? Also, if you have acces to a bentley RS6 manual, could you please check to see what parts (my first guess is the bushings on shocks/springs) could be worn out that could be causing my horrible ride....

thanks in advance!! BTW the audi rep will be in next week for a "ride" with me ... after we go bouncing sideways on a few on/off ramps I think they will recco a fix (under warraunty of course..)

Silversleepa, it's really difficult to determine your car's problem, or even there is one, without going for a ride to determine -- how bad is it?

The dealer says it's "within spec"? What spec is he talking about? A spec needs to be measured, and going for a ride doesn't measure anything.

If the car is losing control at moderate speeds on bumpy freeway ramps, that is bothersome. But if you're talking high speeds on a bumpy curve, you gotta realize this is not an S4 or an M3, not to mention real sports cars. The RS6 is heavy overall and nose-heavy in particular. That makes it want to slide out from under you at high speeds whenever its tires lose contact on a bumpy curve. Laws of intertia trump the suspension at high speeds on bumpy curves IMO.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JAXRS6
    [B]Silversleepa, it's really difficult to determine your car's problem, or even there is one, without going for a ride to determine -- how bad is it?

The dealer says it's "within spec"? What spec is he talking about? A spec needs to be measured, and going for a ride doesn't measure anything.

If the car is losing control at moderate speeds on bumpy freeway ramps, that is bothersome.

JAXRS6... the "spec thing" was BS in my opinion..the RS tech guy usually comes out to say Hi when I come... in this time he didnt..and I know I didnt wait long enough for a full diagnostic to be had...they're probably trying to push me off..as to the ride, it literally feels like being in a taxi cab..the bumping you get going over uneven surfaces and the rattling and lateral movement from the loss of control due to the spring rebound not being controlled (aka dead shocks..) the car was smooth previously and yes, I realize I'm not driving a smaller car but I've pushed my beast before both with and without ESP on so I know the vehicles limits "at speed".. not crazy fast, but enough to enjoy the ride around exits, corners and of course big sweeping freeway turns..got any ideas what it might be???

It drives me crazy that I cant drive the car how it could/should be driven, and I drive my car daily during the week 80 miles round trip so I have a good feel for the ride....very sad...

Aha -- rattling! Somehow I missed reading that in your initial post.

I had several serious rattles going on -- "banging rattles" I called them -- but no noticeable loss of handling. Dealer tech spent 10 hours on diagnosis; he located & fixed two but could not find the last one. AOA rep finally came along, recommended that a part on top of the rear struts/shocks be replaced & the problem went away once that was done. I asked the tech for the part name; he said "DRC center valve gas accumulator." Talk about a mouthful! Apparently one of them leaked, releasing pressure from the DRC "tubes" under the car. They became loose and started banging against the floorpan. Of course, this didn't happen with all bumps; just certain bumps, like on the washboard-like shoulder of a parking lot near the dealership. The tech literally rode in the trunk while I drove -- and did more of it later with another employee at the wheel.

I have no recollection of a deterioration in handling, however, so perhaps you have (pardon the phrase) a gas accumulator problem and something else -- maybe the shocks themselves, as you suggest.

In any case, if my car had its banging rattle during a drive with a dealer tech and he called it "within spec," I would, at the least, complain to the service manager and reject that tech for future evaluations.

Thanks for the input!!

I really appreciate the feedback..and yes, I get the "washboard rumbles" when I go over rumble strips -- it is irritating as hell!!We'll see what happens..I like your idea of riding in the trunk, except this time, I'll put the service mgr in the back (the guy that told me "go away it's to spec..") and have the tech (nice guy) and I ride in the front... hopefully, I will get this resolved quickly!!!

If you dont mind, could you give me the dealer you used and a contact? It might make my life easier if my guys can learn from your recent experience by narrowing down their search criteria when they go hunting for my rattle...TIA!!! If you dont want to advertise over the web, zap me an e-mail at roshiro@famglobal.com

sorry for the threadjack gang...we now return you to your normal program in progress...

Had it done at Suncoast Motorsport, Sarasota, FL; tech was Chip, service writer was Ron Belser; phone is (941) 923-1700.

For those who believe in Audi's system of sharing solutions among dealers: Don't! A source who should know once told me that although techs are supposed to write up solutions for AOA to share with other dealers, "they don't do it about 70% of the time.":eye:

At one point my own efforts included riding in the back seat while my girlfriend drove slowly over a certain parking lot with appropriate bumps. After removing all floor mats, I was able to actually feel metal banging against the floor pan right under the driver's seat back. The tech later told me that was helpful.

Had mine for 11 months / 11500 km and the only thing was a DOA parking distance sensor replaced immediately. Got a ticket for using fogs in daylight but that doesn't really count

24 months / 18K miles

I put the first 10K miles in 8 months, and the last 8K miles over the past 16 months. Not coincidently, I started tracking the car 16 months ago, so I decided to give it a little rest from the daily grind. I've spent 4 days at New Hampshire International, 4 days at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant, 3 days at Lime Rock, 2 days at Pocono, and 4 days of winter driving school. Over this time, I've gone through a set of tires and 2 sets of front brake pads (Pagid Grey and Pagid Blue). By the time I have to change my current front brake pads (Pagid Black) I will need to change my front rotors and rear brake pads. Oh, and I also melted the plastic valve stems covers on the front tires. Those brakes get hot!! I have another day at NHIS and 2 mores days at Mont-Tremblant planned (Audi Nationals).

For mechanical issues, I've had the hood latch break twice, the brake fluid sensor malfunction once, the fuel cap replaced twice, and now an issue with the power steering. I won't know the specifics on the last problem until I take the car to the dealer. I opened the power steering fluid resevoir and noticed lots of air bubbles as if the fluid were boiling.

It has been a great two years. When I turn the car in at the end of the lease 15 months from now, I wonder how the dealer will advertise my "low mileage" car. I bet it won't even have 25K miles on it by November 2006. "Driven mostly on weekends."

Joe
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

picked it up at 9900 in mass. in march

love it. went back home to michigan with it, new jersey. wv. allover. wouldnt trade a minute. one drunk friend broke a taillight, replaced it with euros. clear corner mod. mtm rims. and 20 tint. dulback chip end of this week. love it. the owner before me is the owner of costco food store. and it sat for 2 years only going 9k. great little car. even my swedish gf loved it. she chills 30+ over the speed limit all the time. kinda funny. on the highway she'd do 95 and love it. i can only do 85. lol and yets theres so much more in her, u can tell. great car. in and out. love the turbos.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp