Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from NZ

Congratulations on your decision to join the RS6 club! Post pix please when you can.

Nice Skyline, BTW. 700 bhp....must be a real blast!
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

Originally posted by nene
    I have to say that in 2 years and 26K miles later, the only non-standard maintenance call to the dealership has been for that useless OnStar system.

My car has been trouble free, and I hope that I'm not jinxing myself on this one. To be candid, when I take the RS6 out, that is when I'm the happiest. I really have no reservations about the brakes. The Audi is just so gorgeous all around, and the turbo power, I can't live without.

Nonetheless, I believe that the time spent by Audi to tweak the RS6 was well spent, as my turbo system has been extremely reliable, even on other Audis.

Personally I believe the RS6 is one of the best Sport Saloons/Sedans you can own (in Avant form as well). Treat her well, and she will treat you well back. I want folks to see how gorgeous the car is, as I drive by. Love seeing the faces of a people at corners, when they see the car, and they know what it is.

This car has also been driving 1100 miles in 1 weekend with only a couple of stops, and sometimes gone for 4 hours in a row without one. Rock solid machine. The only one in my stable for sure to be a keeper.
    nene ,

Could not have put it better!

vs2,

Along the same lines as nene, my car is also at the 27K mark and 2 years of ownership. Like nene, I've also only had one real issue (brakes). I've used mine as well for a several long weekend trips (3: 1000 mile+, and one 2100 mile trip on a four day weekend!!!:bigeyes: ) and never had any complaints.

I know there are members here who HAVE had serious issues (maybe some of us are just lucky?) but as long as I don't get in any major wreck, I don't see myself selling this Beast ANY time soon.

Ben **edit** just remembered that Jax, takes even LONGER trips
    Last edited by Benman; June 21st, 2005 at 16:08.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

vs2,

Welcome and congrats on the new car.....when you get a free moment..pics and impression would be great. I always enjoy hearing what other people have to say about the once they get some seat time.

As for me...I really enjoy my RS6...I have had some problems with my car...but nothing that has been persistant or nagging. All and all a great car...that sure, is a little heavy, and may not comunicate like a 997.....but there are very few cars that have the all around capabilites the RS6 has...and the ones that do tend to carry much higher price tags.

I am still debating if I will keep mine after the lease...most of my problems seems to be behind me.....and I am still not sure about the new (C6) A6 body....I like the A3, A4 and A8...but for some reason the A6 just does not look as good as the others in the model line up. I will have to wait and see what the next RS6 brings.

Enjoy
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Well, I'm very happy with the car. Put 300km on country roads since yesterday and I'm impressed, Build quality and finish I think are better than my previous other German Imports that I've owned. It pulls hard and smooth and you really got to keep your eye on the speedo as you a way over at the blink of an eye. (I've figured out already how to set the speed alarms ) It does feel heavy (because it is) , but in a nice solid built car way. My Skyline is heavy too (1560kg) but feels loads nore nimble. Not sure about the steering, I need to drive it more.
    This car does everthing I wanted and hoped it would do, so its all good.
    I wanted an all-in-one car - a sports car, a wagon, a 5 seater, dogs in back (partition net), a comfy highway cruiser, luxury finish, auto with paddles, AWD, good looks and unasuming to the untrained eye. What other car offers this? None that I know of.

Thanks.

@ 8:29 RS6

Thanks for expaining what you ment. I understand now.

Now I also know who to turn to if I ever need advice on brakes on my possible future audi's.

happy motoring ,

greetz,

matteus
    '92 300E Biturbo
    '01 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed

@ VS 2

That's one VERY hot filled garage you got there!
    fiiioew!

congrats on the new buy.

matteus
    '92 300E Biturbo
    '01 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Selespeed

Strange that you could fit 1150 horses in that stable
    Very nice cars.

Originally posted by vs2
    Well, I'm very happy with the car. Put 300km on country roads since yesterday and I'm impressed, Build quality and finish I think are better than my previous other German Imports that I've owned.

I wanted an all-in-one car - a sports car, a wagon, a 5 seater, dogs in back (partition net), a comfy highway cruiser, luxury finish, auto with paddles, AWD, good looks and unasuming to the untrained eye. What other car offers this? None that I know of.

Well said! My point exactly, that I gave the Mrs. before my purchase. A great "all in one" vehicle. And you have a custom color to boot!

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Beautiful car, beautiful colour!
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

Thanks everyone.
    I'm just loving this car, and the Nogaro Blue is growing on me.

Originally posted by vs2
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm just loving this car, and the Nogaro Blue is growing on me.
    Glad to hear it

Nogaro was not my favorite on the B5 S4, but on your car it looks great! Maybe it's grown on me too. Or maybe it just makes your car stand out in a way that's not overbearing. But I like it!

congratulations

Now I'm really jealous, in a good way!
    Love the car, and thanks for posting pix so soon.
    We hope you continue your enjoyment, and support on the site as well. Congrats VS2.

after looking again...is it Nagaro or spirit blue??
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Thanks again. Its definately Nogaro Blue.