Thread: Clio V6 MK I

Clio V6 MK I

Haven't posted in a while, but I have recently bought a "new" car, an '02 Clio V6 MK I. RWD with a 3.0 V6 in the rear (where the rear bench seats usually are). Manufactured by Renault, engineered by TWR, and handbuilt in Sweden, there are only 1630 MK I versions of these cars in the world and mine's No. 1188.

It certainly doesn't have the handling dynamics of most performance cars given it's inherent weight distribution, but the sound, design, and driving experience of this machine are all very desirable to me.

Cheers,
    k

Very nice lookin car !

Nice to hear from you. Great news about the Clio V6! It's a fun car to drive.
    A friend bought one just a couple of weeks ago as well.
    However it's a Mk 2, a bit easier to drive 'on the edge' I've heard.
    He was kind enough to let me drive it for a couple of laps at the race track. Feels great in the turns, but I'm not really sure how to handle a mid-engined car when the grip is gone.

For those who don't know this car, the engine is not where you think!

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showgalle.../528/password/

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Cripes, that is WIDE! Bet it's a blast to drive and see if you can arrange for us to hear some revving, word on the street is they have a killer noise!

That's a great picture, Erik. That MKII looks good.

I haven't gone anywhere near the limits of adhesion on my car yet, and I would not dare to take that liberty until I get myself on a proper racetrack. The roads here are just too narrow and the car is just too special to me. From what I have experienced though, the dry road grip on tight twisties is tremendous. For much of the city driving that I do with the car, I have kept the radio off most of the time to tune into the acoustics of the engine.

Hey Karman, nice to hear from you, great pics!

A good (and more alfresco) alternative hot hatch to the MINI.

Jenson Button wrote a Clio V6 off, the mkIs have bad name for being nasty in the wet.

hi guys.

nice to hear sth of you; you have both (klint and karman) not been here for a long time.

your new toy is REALLY nice karman!!!
    hope you find the time to enjoy it!!

rgds
    mr