Thread: Some photos from "Top Marques" car fair in Monaco.

Some photos from "Top Marques" car fair in Monaco.

My brother took some pictures for us since he got the time to wonder around with in there before they officialy oppened.

He might post some reviews of the fair and some more photos later.

BR

Very nice cars !
    I hope for more pics.

wow .. GREAT pics.

Your brother must be a really lucky bustard for being able to be there.

-> surely great event!!
    looking forward for more photos!!!!

Hello everyone, It is I who took the photos and had the priviledge to go to the show, and so that would also make me the brother of Xscream ...

Well, it was very nice to go there and see some of the newest supercars and sportcars, and especially nice was that I had the chance to go there the day before 'everyone' else, i got to go during the morning when only press and vip where allowed entry. The reason why i got to go at that time, is this, a friend of mine whos stepfather works at the Hôtel De Paris in Monaco, had recieved two invitations to the car show through his stepfather. I was supposed to go with my friend, but he didn't have time to, so he passed a ticket onto me, which i gladly took . Little did i know it was a 'vip' invitation, I just thought it was a free entry ticket, but i soon realised that it wasn't, which was a very pleasant surprise... I thought that since the show wouldn't be jam packed it would be a good oportunity to take photos of the event, and so i did. And above are some of the results, I noticed that it was a challenge to get any decent pics with all of the spotlights from the roof and all the reflections, especially of the darker coloured cars...

As to the event itself, I pretty much knew what cars would be there, after some glancing at their website. But i was surprised that there were some highly anticipated cars that actually weren't there. For example Koenigsegg didn't appear, and dissapointing was the Porsche display which only included a boxster, a convertible, and a cayenne... in other words no carrera gt... Another thing which was more of a personal dissapointment was that since i knew Saleen was displaying, i expected their new mustang to appear, which it sadly didn't, but fortunately the S7 did appear.

Enough Writing, here are some more Pictures...

Pagani Zonda-

Wiesmann- (looked like a morgan which had partially visited a junkyard compactor , jokes aside it looked pretty good actually but a little to short in proportion to its breadth for my taste)

Noble M12 M400-

Brabus CLS 6.1 S -

Bugatti Veyron -

Lotec Sirius -

This next one was a funny thing, as I was about to leave, thinking i had taken a couple of photos of everything of interest some music caught my attention. During the whole beggining of the show not a single car had it's stereo turned on, untill now. As i started to walk towards the music, which by this time was Really loud and i could hear the subwoofers really thumping, i ended up by some old mercedes. As i started to look around it turned out that the music was coming from this 50's Mercedes, i was really suprised, since when i looked in it the interior was completely original and at mint condition. But still the music was surely coming from this car, it turned out that the company displaying these cars took old vintage Mercedes Benz's and restored them to mint condition while replacing all the electronics in them to modern material...

Well, thats it for now, most of the rest were of worse quality, so i didn't bother posting them...

//Jacob
    Last edited by JS; May 9th, 2005 at 18:24.

Welcome to the forum JS and thanks for the pics. I think Nordschleife was there as well.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Thanks!

My father owns a SL230 from -64. :cool2:
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Wow Thanks!

You see the Lotec not often and he is the fastest to!