Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RS4 DTM Safety Car

I have seen "Avus Grey" on a Audi TT 3.2 Quattro great color.

wfg, Hans.

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    What you have shown is two pictures which appear to show a different ride height.
    You have no idea what condition the show car was in when the photograph of it was taken.
    Unless you personally weighed and measured both cars you are guessing. A lot happens to cars between their show release and when they hit the show room floor.
    Did you know those two cars have different horsepower? Does it matter - NO.
    Did you know the American car has a different ride height than the European car?

You really cannot draw conclusions from photographs.

R+C
    Yes he can.

Originally posted by Spada
    Yes he can.
    you probably believe what you read in car magazines too.

Photos are VERY misleading!

R+C

I'm quite happy to have ordered Avus Silver.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

you probably believe what you read in car magazines too.
    Yes, i'm a complete idiot.

Exactly what conclusions did he draw that you're dissagreeing with? He posted pictures of two cars and commented that the pace car is lower than the show car and you try to make him out as foolish for drawing "conclusions" and ask if he has personally weighed them. Here's a conclusion: The Pace car is obviously lower, and it's probably because its suspension is tuned for the curcuits on which it will be used.

Audi do not tune their "safety cars".

What the photographs show is a show car on 18 inch rims
    and an operative car with 19 inch rims.
    Furthermore, the show car was a US spec version which has a significantly higher ride height.

What is being compared is a US spec car with a Euro spec car.

Nothing has been 'lowered'. In actuality, the exact final deliverable configuration is still being finalised.

Early model pre-production cars can change from day to day.

R+C

I would totally agree with iceman, that is for sure a lower car. Not sure it is a plus susp. but it is lower. I saw in person the rs6 safety car and it was lower more than an inch from standard rs6.
    Probably one ( only few) of the thing i did not like from the show car was the height, even the yellow quatrro night car was a bit high. This car makes all the difrence lets hope we can get that susp. from audi OEM.
    CESA
    cesa

Originally posted by carlos
    that is for sure a lower car. Not sure it is a plus susp. but it is lower. I saw in person the rs6 safety car and it was lower more than an inch from standard rs6.
    1. there is no such thing as a Plus suspension, the RS4 is supposed to be the high performance car in the line up .

2. the RS6 safety cars are NOT lowered, its not in Audi's interests, the same way as they do there Driving Experience in stock cars.

3. Cars in the American market are raised and given softer springs.

4. You are confusing US spec cars with ROW cars.

5. You cannot rely on pictures of show cars when they are first released.

6. Surprise, surprise, pictures DO lie. As anybody who works in TV News or Sport will tell you.

R+C

Look at the RS4 spec sheet, directly off the Audi UK website.

One optioned offered is called ' Sport Suspension Plus '................

If they don't offer it, why is it an 'option' for the UK cars ?

Also, so your saying that all the RS6's that came to the US, that also had the 'Sport Suspension Plus' package offered as an option on them, had a higher ride height ??????

The RS6's I've seen, in the US, with the Plus Suspesion, ride pretty damn low.

Real cars, on real roads....not photos.

Kurt
    Kurt Jones - Los Angeles, CA USA
    http://www.surfshooter.com
    http://www.kurtjones.com
    [img]http://homepage.mac.com/kj17/.Pictures/bmw-sig.jpg[/img]

Originally posted by kujo
    Look at the RS4 spec sheet, directly off the Audi UK website.

One optioned offered is called ' Sport Suspension Plus '................

If they don't offer it, why is it an 'option' for the UK cars ?

Also, so your saying that all the RS6's that came to the US, that also had the 'Sport Suspension Plus' package offered as an option on them, had a higher ride height ??????

The RS6's I've seen, in the US, with the Plus Suspesion, ride pretty damn low.

Real cars, on real roads....not photos.

Kurt
    Kurt
    The UK has bad roads, not as bad as the US, but pretty awful. So UK spec cars have 'softer' suspension.

Federal regulations require that US cars have a higher ride height than ROW cars.If you go to the factory and park a US bound car nose to nose with a ROW car, you can see and measure the difference.

Be careful not to confuse stiffer springs with lowered suspension.

In the US the standard RS6 was supplied with raised suspension, the 'sports suspension' you are talking about is the standard ROW suspension with stiffer springs, ARB and valving. In ROW Audi did offer a 'sports' suspension, it did not lower the ride but it did make it very uncomfortable without perceptibly improving the handling.

The RS6 suffers from a serious suspension problem in that with ROW suspension it is too firm at low speeds and too soft at high speeds. This is a nasty corner for the chassis engineers to have painted themselves into.

R+C

1. there is no such thing as a Plus suspension, the RS4 is supposed to be the high performance car in the line up .
    Well "nordschleife", it's funny you should say that, because I'm speccing my car right now and I think when I need to decide whether there is such a thing as suspension plus, I'll read the words "Sports suspension plus, stiffer springs, damper tuning, 10mm lower ride height" as they appear on the price list my dealer gave me.

2. the RS6 safety cars are NOT lowered, its not in Audi's interests, the same way as they do there Driving Experience in stock cars.
    Another bold statement. Where are you getting this information? Is there a source? Or do you just know better than everyone else like with the afforementioned sports suspension. And anyway, what do the cars audi uses for it's driving experience have to do with the RS6 pace car? Audi can do whatever they want to their pace cars. I saw an RS6 pace car last year and not only was it clearly lower than a roadgoing model, it had black trim around the grille: This is not even an option, let alone a standard feature. I take it you are telling us that this is a stock, Euro spec rs4? If you look through the rear window, you can see a rollcage. I dont think the road cars will come with this fitted. Unless you have worked on this car or something, spare us your commanding tone and capital letters and stop stating your clever preconceptions as facts.
    I can, like other users, see clearly that this car has very low suspension. So if it is not running sports suspension, or more likely, a unique, curcuit orientated set-up, can you realistically see it coming down another 10mm?

4. You are confusing US spec cars with ROW cars.
    No, we are comparing a show car to a pace car.

5. You cannot rely on pictures of show cars when they are first released.

6. Surprise, surprise, pictures DO lie. As anybody who works in TV News or Sport will tell you.
    What is your point? Noone is relying on anything! People have noticed that the two cars are different, that is all. You are the only person attempting to speak with authority on the matter.

Audi RS4 DTM SC in Action.

wfg, Hans.

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

sweeeet

Good Luck M3 E90!
    That car is just nasty..

Thanks a bunch for sharing. Those pics are sweet and the car looks great!

Ben

haha.. the dtm cars cant keep up whit the rs4... rs4 is really a nice car.. great pictures!!

After a crash in the first corner, the RS4 Safety Car came on the track for about 4 laps and i must say it looked very nice, those DTM cars behind the RS4. And then there was that sound! A sort of S4 sound but then a lot better

He're some photo's of the RS4 in action!

The best Audi is the Gallardo :D