Thread: Enzo Eater?

Pictures Enzo Eater?

The german company BRABUS specialized in tuning Mercedes, as annonced its version of the spectacular McLaren SLR.

This beautie is equipped with self-locking differentials, improved fuel cooling, custom cramshafts and racing open exhaust.

The result is that the maximum power output of the supercharged V8 engine increases to 660 hp / 486 kW at 6,500 rpm.

The open racing exhaust system is not certified for use on public roads. Thus equipped the SLR storms to 100 km/h from rest in just 3.6 seconds and reaches a top speed of up to 340 km/h.

For further improved directional stability at high speeds the BRABUS designers developed a new spoiler for the front air dam. The exposed-carbon aerodynamic-enhancement part reduces lift on the front axle and adds another shot of racing looks. The rear diffuser is also made from exposed carbon.

The multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock VI 20-inch light-alloy wheels with six double spokes command immediate attention. The fully polished wheels in size 9.5Jx20 in front and in size 11.5Jx20 on the rear axle fill out the available space below the wheel arches perfectly.

BRABUS chose high-performance tires in sizes 255/30 ZR 20 and 305/25 ZR 20 as the optimal solution. The conversion to the BRABUS 20-inch tire/wheel combination gives the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren even more dynamic handling prowess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	news19.jpg 
Views:	1418 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	2561  

description in just one word:

insane!!!!!

I do find it REALLY strange, that cars like the SLR are tuned -> ok .... BRABUS also tuned the MAYBACH ..... so ..... no more comment!!!!

just my 2cnt
    mr

Hi,

in straight line maybe,but when it comes into corners,i guess never.

This car is a Autobahn racer,but not a real sports car.

IMO

Fab
    Fab5

nice... looks very BÖSSE!!

"in straight line maybe,but when it comes into corners,i guess never."

I haven´t seen any report on it´s driving yet but brabus is known for puting mercedes to act like real sports cars.

For what i´ve read, the new diff, suspension modifications, lower center of gravity and improved aerodynamics will turn it a better driver machine.

But it´s how i´ve told you no test yet.
    Last edited by Amar3lio; March 23rd, 2005 at 10:27.

Originally posted by Fab5
    Hi,

in straight line maybe,but when it comes into corners,i guess never.

This car is a Autobahn racer,but not a real sports car.

IMO

Fab
    Which is why it was only fractions of a fraction of a second slower than the Porsche Carrera GT around Top Gears track? I'd say that was pretty good for an "autobahn racer".
    '04 S55 AMG Kompressor

Originally posted by v8amg
    Which is why it was only fractions of a fraction of a second slower than the Porsche Carrera GT around Top Gears track? I'd say that was pretty good for an "autobahn racer".
    It was 1.1 secs slower, which is a lot on such a short track imho; allthough this version probably will beat it

Holy Crap

it looks so badass

Thanx for sharing!

In denmark we have a vw golf v6 2.8 hgp bi-turbo, it goes from 0-100 in 3.6, I would much rather own that because just see this, I pull up to a stop light theres a lambo parked next to me, I get him to race and I take him out, in a golf.

WOW!! Bad look! Very nice car!

The big problem with the SLR is its weight.
    Near 2000 Kg ain't gonna do it against it's almost 500 Kg's lighter rival, The Enzo Ferrari.
    Compare it to the Köningsegg CCR with its 1100 Kg dryweight and you'll know who's the winner.
    Pain is not a privilege, ypu have to work for it.
    Haven't got my license yet...

well compared to the CCR, then I will take CCR at anytime... It's just so extreme...