Thread: Large pics: MTM RS6 Clubsport

Large pics: MTM RS6 Clubsport

Pics of the MTM RS6 Clubsport kindly sent to me by MTM.

This RS6 Avant will accelerate from 0 - 200 km/h (124 mph) in 12,3 seconds... Bye bye all E55s and M5s...

MTM Website (in English)

MTM's US Distributor: Hoppen Motorsport

Dahlback Racing (Audituning)

More info and pics of the MTM RS6 Clubsport

Read more about the MTM bimoto wheels here... :cool2:

Brought to you by www.RS6.com

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

They have debadged the rings! :O For shame!

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing! There's a new steering wheel since last time I saw it.

Beautiful
    We are nothing but the sum of our parts!

Thats the first 6 speed RS6 ive ever seen. are there more out there? how difficult is the conversion?

Originally posted by RS6 OOOO
    Thats the first 6 speed RS6 ive ever seen. are there more out there? how difficult is the conversion?
    Enjoy the view because MTM's RS6 Clubsport apparently is a one-off car, so difficult to create that MTM advised Joe Hoppen, their top US distributor, to avoid attempting it...per my call to Joe today.

MTM started with an A6 and created an RS6, according to Joe, who says he talked to engineers in Germany. They called it a nightmare, he said, claiming nothing fits, especially regarding tranny conversion from the RS6. Joe said it was easier to convert an S6 6 spd to an RS6 than to give an RS6 a 6 spd. In the case of the car above, he says, MTM used the 6 spd for the current A6.

To me this is disappointing but probably adds value to the car in the pictures, and it may enhance interest in the S6.

But the news is not too surprising. During my Feb visit to Champion Motorsport, one of the RS6 6-spds raced in the GT Series was on display & one of the techs who works on it gave a talk. He agreed the 6 spd was a major contributor* to the car's amazing 0-60 time (2.7 sec) & said Champion explored the idea of a conversion for consumers, but they concluded that so much programming would have to be changed or replaced that it wasn't cost effective. I asked him for a ballpark figure and he said they could do it if I was willing to spend maybe $30K for the 6 spd alone. (I'm not.) The race car was for sale but would never be street legal, he said, because there's no VIN.

*Other major contributors being 600+ hp and less weight. The doors, basically a carbon fiber shell, seemingly weighed about two lbs each.
    Last edited by JAXRS6; March 31st, 2005 at 20:01.

30 grand. wow. its hard to imagine that turning an S6 6 speed into a beast is easier than the tranny conversion. you didn't happen to get the price on the race car.

Originally posted by RS6 OOOO
    you didn't happen to get the price on the race car.
    Very unofficially, the tech said he thought the price was around $175K.

I am JAXRS6 here but jatwrite on this link:

http://forums.audiworld.com/qclubflo...gs/47556.phtml

PS -- More quotes from Joe Hoppen re the RS6 Clubsport: "There were quite a few complications ... they (the MTM engineers in Germany) told me it was too difficult, to try something else...they said they did one but there will never be another."
    Last edited by JAXRS6; April 1st, 2005 at 02:46.