Thread: Pics: RS6 Avant, E55 AMG and 996 Turbo driven hard

Pics: RS6 Avant, E55 AMG and 996 Turbo driven hard

3 amazing cars on the race track Gellerasen, Sweden.

The RS6 is stock except RS6 Plus titanium 19" rims.

Take a look at the wheels and the suspension.
    Didn't have time to show all my pics, but it's amazing to zoom in and investigate how the cars are set when taking corners.

ESP is off Drifting angle.

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Here's a short video YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE when the same E55 drives on track (his first track day).

E55 AMG Video

Tell me if you laugh

Do you think he can have a future in professional drifting?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Was it Gustav....?
    Chris
    M5 E28
    993 Biturbo 640HP
    RS6 Plus

Talking Cool Vid!!

Too much powwa grasshoppa!!!

E55 AMG

That is too funny ... I love these guys that take bloated overweight saloons to the track ... this example made even funnier by 470hp and 520ft#s of torque ... can you imagine what the guy in the PCar is thinking ... where am i gonna overtake this kook.

Love it!

Re: E55 AMG

Originally posted by k2
    That is too funny ... I love these guys that take bloated overweight saloons to the track ... this example made even funnier by 470hp and 520ft#s of torque ... can you imagine what the guy in the PCar is thinking ... where am i gonna overtake this kook.

Love it!
    Most common senario on track= Its often more up to the driver and not what kind of car you drive.

Just becuse you drive a 600hp Porsche do not in it selves make you a fast driver on track
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

E55 AMG

Yes it does ... if I am running against an E55.

Now I can say this because I know both of these autos beyond just the specs (currently knowing one now).

You can't blame poor driving solely on the driver or the car. But you can claim poor driving when someone tries to make a machine do something it's not designed for. The E55 was not designed by MB to run from one corner to the next. It was designed to run the 1/4 mile in 12.5 secs with your wife and kids loaded for a comfy trip into the mountains for a ski. The car has a .85 skid rating ... jeez.

Success at the track is about momentum through the bends and exit speed. This has everything to do with the machine and very little to do with the driver. Pushed to the limits, a 996TT will be more track compliant than the E55 - regardless of skill.

I agree that this video demonstrates a driver with average skill and less than average understanding of his/her car - poor driving.

I guess I'm venting my frustration with my open track days when I get black flagged for passing in the corner.

Originally posted by k2
    It was designed to run the 1/4 mile in 12.5 secs with your wife and kids loaded for a comfy trip into the mountains for a ski.
    12.5 with wife and kids??? They must weight like almost nothing, including the driver...
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

Originally posted by k2
    Success at the track is about momentum through the bends and exit speed. This has everything to do with the machine and very little to do with the driver. Pushed to the limits, a 996TT will be more track compliant than the E55 - regardless of skill.

Clerly you are pointing out that you have not driven much on tracks.
    Pointing out that I talk in genrel terms here. Of course the 996 turbo will go faster around a track than the E55 whit the same skilled driver.
    But in the reall world out on the tracks its not allways the case that the guy whit most hp or track fitted car is fastest around.

Thats what I meant when saying that if you have 600hp Porsche it do not atomatically make you fast around a track, everybody driven tracks now this.

Very littel to do whit the driver This is exactly what its about on track, and not what car you drive. A good driver go faster in a BMW E36 318 around the ring than the avreage supercardiver.

I guess you never have driven at the Nurburgring.

This place really shows its the opposit you say. There is no place else where there is plenty of supercars as Ferrari F50, 360 or Lamborgini Gallardo , murcilago and Porsche Turbo and moore.

And if you been there over the years you often see them beeing passed by much slower cars as for an exampel a white Audi 80 or a white volvo 240.
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Registered User 5000S old skool's Avatar
    Danbury, CT... overrun by japanese rice tuners
    I 2nd 8:29's response..

I expected a healthy debate from someone on this ... but I didn't expect a blatant flame -

We are both making some generalizations ...

So here is another one ... running around the northern loop with a bunch of tourist, Sabine and wannabe racers does not qualifiy anyone as a good driver or a racer. It simply means someone can pay $18 and take their daily driver on the toll road. There are no flags, you don't have to worry about pits and because the cars on the Ring are so different you don't use strategies like drafting or slipping - you just flash your lights until someone pulls into the bus lane. That said, I'd love to bring my Exige to Nurburg.

Driver skill is more evident and more critical in controlled events where machines are leveled by a sanctioning body and drivers are licensed. When the cars are all the same, drivers are the key.

The reason a 318 will post better lap times at the Ring is because the driver is probably 18 years of age and really doesn't care if he slides his car into the armco. The average Supercar driver - is not a driver at all - he/she is a commuter with enough money to buy a cool car and take it to the track every now and then ... so lets not throw these people into the mix. If the 18 year old could afford an F430 he would pull on the 318 every day (once he spent some time understanding the limits of the FCar). Its a bad analogy.

Driver Skill is more about knowing your car and knowing the circuit than knowing how to drive. Give the average driver a 996TT for two days on a track and an E55 for two days on the same track and see which car he posts better times in. Two days are not enough time to become a good driver, but this is enough time to understand the very different capabilities of these cars.

So back to my simple points ... This video is funny ... why ... because it shows us someone:
    - in a car that is not designed to go around corners
    - that has no clue what the car's limits are
    - is nervous on the Track because the PCar is pulling on him

and ... a stock 996TT is more Track capable than and E55, RS6, Conit GT, DB7 or any other bloated stock sedan or estate car.

Originally posted by k2
    I expected a healthy debate from someone on this ... but I didn't expect a blatant flame -
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry not meant as a flame, but are you going to the ring or been there?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason a 318 will post better lap times at the Ring is because the driver is probably 18 years of age and really doesn't care if he slides his car into the armco. The average Supercar driver - is not a driver at all - he/she is a commuter with enough money to buy a cool car and take it to the track every now and then ... so lets not throw these people into the mix. If the 18 year old could afford an F430 he would pull on the 318 every day (once he spent some time understanding the limits of the FCar). Its a bad analogy.
    Or he is simply a better driver at the age of 18 or say if he is 75?

Now the exaxt 318/316 i was thinking of was the one i was sitting in when BMWs testdriver was laping the ring in 1993 at the BMW sportclub European event. To go fast around in a car thats not disignd for it, is.....truley exating.
    So back to my simple points ... This video is funny ... why ... because it shows us someone:
    - in a car that is not designed to go around corners
    - that has no clue what the car's limits are
    - is nervous on the Track because the PCar is pulling on him
    No this video is funny becuse its not often you see somthing like it
    The guy in the 996TT and E55 are some good friends of mine and its tru the E55 driver is out on his first track event. Is ther somthing wrong in that? He is far from the nervous type, and now his car control is by far better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and ... a stock 996TT is more Track capable than and E55, RS6, Conit GT, DB7 or any other bloated stock sedan or estate car.
    Cant argue whit that Have never said anything else.
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

By the way ... I've seen your Avant videos on other post regarding the Ring ... you are clearly an aggressive and constantly controlled driver. Big ups for the power sliding the Avant through an off camber chikane.

"Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

I just saw this post... if the E55 isn't designed to go around corners then our big Audi's aren't really that different are they? Weight transfer around the ring is most illustrated in the small relatively powerful (power to weight) cars with excellent grip through the bends. I am thinking radical, caterhams etc... A lot of the bigger heavier cars post relatively good times but that is despite themselves rather than because of themselves. I read about the excitement of the new RS4 posting a sub 8 minute lap elsewhere on RS6.com... quite frankly if you are paying all that money it damn well should post at least a sub 8 minute lap. I can't help thinking of Nordschleife's comment about Audi losing the plot. The RS series needs to have a rawness to it or Audi are in danger of being edged out of this market