Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you...

How many of you...

have lemoned or so called buy back from audi?
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

MY blue/silver/carbon/19"rims/avant (with the extra 'cat') came very, very, very close. After first 5 months ownership from new and my frustration of their being unble to rectify constant extensive water entry to near-side front floor well they despaired and offered buy-back. However, we all persisted and a very simple cause was eventually found - meantime they'd spent $45,000 trying to rectify the collateral damage caused along the repair path and and had the car 3 (of 5) months. They were offering full return of purchase price and compensation for lease costs.
    By that time there were no more RS6 being shipped to OZ so that's why I persisted. You've gotta be insane about these panzers to persist BUT AUDI did come through although the dealers see so few they have no idea!
    But why do you ask?

Because my onstar issue is never going to be resolved. It has already qualified for the buy back, I just want to keep heads up on all the details. Did you try asking them to build you a brand new rs6 again? Thanks for the info. =)
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

My On* hasn't really worked properly for a long time, and personally I don't care much about that.
    However, if the issue really bothers you rs6sport, and you are really unhappy with the car, I'd say go with it, and have them buy it back. I've never had any car lemoned. Luck I guess.

Originally posted by audirs6sport
    Because my onstar issue is never going to be resolved. It has already qualified for the buy back, I just want to keep heads up on all the details. Did you try asking them to build you a brand new rs6 again? Thanks for the info. =)
    At this stage of the game there is a very good chance you will not get another brand new RS6. They will not build you another and they will not import you one. This is why I am not still driving one. At the time of my issues they did not have one in the country like I wanted and I just could not see losing that kind of money to get a brand new 2003 MY car.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

I thought based on the post by RS6FEVR, we established that the onstar problem was a result of adding the xm radio.

"Yep, had the same thing happen to me. Took my car in for the XM install last week and that went fine. Was so interested in the XM, that I forgot about other variables in the car. Next evening, I noticed my on star light was solid red. Did what you did, called in and was told by on star that I had to take it in to the dealer. Did that the next day whereupon the dealer did a review of the maintenance and also called on star. The service tech told me that they corrected the problem (the light is again a too bright green!) and that the tech was told to "reset a battery within the on star system" and that on star then "reset this particular system for this car"? In any event, it does does seem to be working properly. As I'm headed off on a long trip, I sure hope it continues to work. Hate to be out in bum, you know where, central U.S. with no service."

Dont know if this is for everyone, but do know that Stuart had XM put on his BEAST and the problem started after that happened. At any rate, the red light only means that the backup battery is low, not that onstar wont work. Several other chaps on here have said that onstar still works fine.

In short, I dont have onstar on my Audi, and dont really feel like I need it. I dont know if for me, the thought of loosing onstar if some unlikely event took place where the battery was disconnected from the rest of the car would mean I had to get rid of the WHOLE car. I dont think Porsche has onstar and people buy them and are happy. Does Ferrari or Lambo have onstar? WHat about all the Audis made befor onstar, are they suddenly undesireable without onstar.

Mine actually started at 300 miles and then it was fixed and they installed Sirus then it became red Sirius was then removed so that I could use Phatnoise instead and the light turned back green... only to turn red 2 weeks later.
    As for the OnStar not working and the buy back... I feel as though if I pay 145 dollars or whatever per month and it just so happens that this "red light" is on and I get in a wreck and my battery cable comes off the posts or the cable breaks and the back up battery just happens to actually be dead and I along with the rest of my family lay bleeding to death in the middle of the road this would be a real problem for AOA. This is my opinion on this matter.
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.

My Onstar never worked from the day 1 when I bought it brand spankin new because some idiot forgot to add additional wire that runs from the antenna to the bumper...
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

None of this is directed to Stu6, because he is by buddy. And my brother in law

My point is did you buy the car because it had onstar? Is the onstar feature the ONE feature that made you choose an RS6? If the answer is yes then I can see why it would bother someone enough to demand a buy back. It seems that most of the peole on this site bought the RS6 because of its performance mated to its comfort.

It is my understanding that the red light actually is a falty light as a result of low voltage to the BACKUP battery. So onstar STILL works. In the event of such a catastrophic event that the main lead from the battery in the trunk, is ripped into, or decoupled from the post, it is extremly likly that the onstar system itself, the antenna, and the backup battery will also be destroyed. In which case the red light would not have made any difference. The backup battery was designed for if you car battery is dead and you need to call onstar, not if you crash and the car is ripped into. If the battery is dead, and the backup is also dead, then call Audi 24 hr service.

My other point was that other cars are owned by members of this forum that dont even come with the onstar option. People have Porsches that dont have onstar. They obviously choose them for performance. Just like people chose the RS6. What about anyone with a BMW? No onstar. And those who choose Volvo, well you are not concerned about the wife and kids because no onstar with that either.

If your primary goal is to have onstar, then buy a Chevy. If you want to survive the accedent, then buy an Audi.

I've been a long time lurker here, about a 1½ year now.
    So I finally decided to register.

Here have been a lot of conversations about OnStar, but what it actually is? :blush:
    "Let's dance"

Not sure if you mean have we ever lemoned an Audi or just the RS6.. This RS6 is my 4th Audi since 1991..
    I had a 91 200 20v turbo that has over $46 thousand worth of warranty repairs in 3 years ( back then the warranty was 3 yrs 40k). When it was up I contacted AoA and a fellow named Gunther Gandik who agreed that this was a lemon with a horrible record and they replaced it ( I paid the tax only) with a new 94 UrS4..

In 2003 I got a new A6 4.2 which suffered an internal engine faiulure ( rocker arm assembly came apart) and it took 2 months to repair. I lemoned it and opted for AoA to replace it.. but to my fortune they had already stopped production on the A6 to tool up for the 2005 models.. So they gave me a huge discount on the RS6 since it was the only comparable size model they had..

Thats 2 lemons out of 4 cars with the fate of the RS6 yet to be determined..

Originally posted by Tomba
    I've been a long time lurker here, about a 1½ year now.
    So I finally decided to register.

Here have been a lot of conversations about OnStar, but what it actually is? :blush:
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/gadget536.htm
    Welcome to the boards my friend and I hope this website helps you with the OnStar question.

My onstar has never really worked...I have had it "fixed" a half a dozen times...but in truth I don't really car for it.

I think the green like is a bit bright at night and prefer the red light.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Ahhhh On Star.
    Out here in the boondocks of Sydney OZ so On Star she don't work here.
    So its easy really - they don't fit 'em to our RS6es to start with and we don't miss 'em or even sense the loss 'cause we know how lucky we are to 'fly blind' without such crutches applied.
    Sometimes it's best to be 'primitive'?
    But then if they were fitted and didn't work we'd be just as p***ed-off I bet!

How many of you... ??????

Hello everyone !!!!!!

Sorry but i don't get the picture

I dont understand, I there someone who can explane me in normal english were this post is about !!

How many of you...

have lemoned or so called buy back from audi?

thanks

SKN3

M-R-G Lader Motorsport

" The Sky Is The Limit "

Originally posted by sturs6
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/gadget536.htm
    Welcome to the boards my friend and I hope this website helps you with the OnStar question.
    Thanks man!
    That really helped, the system sounds quite nice.
    "Let's dance"

I did on my 02 S6 AOA BuyBack

Four months of service in 14 months of ownership made my mind up. I did attempt a RS6, but AOA of NA would not deal with me on the numbers, so I walked and Audi has lost a good customer.
    If I had to do it all over, I would have filled with the local lemon law office and not dealt with AOA. AOA took six months to get a check in my hand, Lemon law would have taken half that time and I would have had more money in my pocket from AOA.
    I, like others here, had very serious issue with my car, that last of which was an airborne mold condition that could not be fixed (major health issue.)
    Do I feel that On* not working would make me lemon the beast, no way. You need to really look inside and determine if you it bothers you enough to go through with the lemon law process (which is very time consuming and very very frustrating.)

SKN3: Lemon Law or Buy Back is when your car has been in for service to fix the same or different problems so often that it has diminished in value, is unsafe to drive, problem can not be fixed, etc. It is to protect the consumer from paying good money for a car that they can no longer drive because the car no longer performs as stated in the manufacture's warranty. Each state has different rules, just do a google search.
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Originally posted by Hy Octane

Thats 2 lemons out of 4 cars with the fate of the RS6 yet to be determined..
    Now Hy Octane has put up with all that and we're worried about a red button?

Seriously though, mine has ALWAYS been red, but whenever I needed to use it (or even just test it for kicks) it has ALWAYS worked. I could care less what color it is as long as it still functions (BTW, the red matches the rest of the interior quite nicely ). I've never been a big fan of the "Man" keeping an eye on things so once the trial membership was up, I decided to let it expire. I don't want it in my car anyway.

If an emergency happens, than use your cell phone, that's why we have them.

Ben