Thread: Wanted: RS6 for USA

Wanted: RS6 for USA

I just posted on another thread (re: leases) my interest in getting an RS6. However, I thought I'd make another post with a more directed subject line. I live in the Los Angeles, California area and would like to get a low milage RS6 that has not been tracked or autocrossed. I would pay cash for car, and I am not a dealer, but a private party who regrets not having got this car when they were available

Please get in touch through this Forum. Thanks...
    Bob W.
    2003 RS6 (Avus Silver) - now lives in CO
    2003 Mini Cooper S (Indi Blue/White) --- almost as hot as the RS6!
    2004 Lexus RX330 --- racing floor mats

DBLIPA,

Good luck on your search. I'd help you but have no interest in selling my Beast. I'm sure you'll come across someone who will be willing to part with theirs for the right price. Take audirs6sport for example. He's always bagging on his RS 6. I'm sure he'd sell you his Beast.

Bob - There were 2 (very unusual) in the Denver Post classifieds over the weekend.

Originally posted by GmbHouse
    Bob - There were 2 (very unusual) in the Denver Post classifieds over the weekend.
    For what it's worth I recall reading on another forum that Colorado was one of the first states to sell its complete inventory of RS6s. While several were still available in, for example, New Jersey, Colorado had none left. This was a few months ago.

You may pay a premium for an RS6 in LA. I say that because when I researched used car prices a few weeks back, AutoTrader had only two RS6s compared to eleven 2003 E55s -- and the Audis were priced a little higher. The two I got came from asking the AutoTrader web site for cars within 100 miles of ZIP 90210.

I've also seen some posts noting that E55s are common around LA whereas the RS6 is not, which may be keeping prices up on the Audi.

AutoTrader can be a good shopping tool in any case. Just go to their site, enter a ZIP and how many miles away you're willing to look. If nothing turns up, increase the mileage until something shows.

I'm at 31K miles and just had my best 0-60 ever If its performance improves with age, I want to be an RS6 in my next life!
    Last edited by JAXRS6; December 6th, 2004 at 23:34.

How hard is it for you to import a RS6 from europe?
    There are plenty for sale here

Originally posted by xscream
    How hard is it for you to import a RS6 from europe?
    There are plenty for sale here
    Well, according to Josh at actuning, very hard. He imported a RS 4 some time back and it took well over $10-$15K and being hassled by the man for over a year to get the car through all the red tape and finally "legalized".

No thanks.

Ben

Thumbs up RS6

I was fortunate to find a low milage (5300), A. silver RS6 with all the accessories in my area, and I purchased the car at the end of last week. Many thanks to all who posted on the forum and who contacted me about their cars. It appears that there are some really nice RS6's out there!

Now, I just have to sell my 2004 Porsche C4S (Atlas Grey/Savannah biege; 3400 miles; GT3 wheels; 6-speed with factory sport shifter; sport exhaust; clear bra; etc.). It's a wonderful car, but my back and neck suffer when I get in and out of the car

Again, thanks for all the help...
    Bob W.
    2003 RS6 (Avus Silver) - now lives in CO
    2003 Mini Cooper S (Indi Blue/White) --- almost as hot as the RS6!
    2004 Lexus RX330 --- racing floor mats