Thread: RS6 Avant converted from a sedan

RS6 Avant converted from a sedan

My mechanic, Greg Hayman and his brother at Autofirme, in Amenia, NY just finished converting an RS6 sedan into an Avant for a customer in NYC. They replaced all the sheet metal from the A piller back, and it was seemless. You couldn't tell it from an original except for the lack of a roof rack. He told me that European Car will probably be doing an article on it. I saw a ton of pictures of the car under construction and will post some if I can.

Greg told me it was actually cheaper to convert it than to federalize an imported one.

Those of you who went on the first Northeast Ride will remember the shop. We stopped there and looked at some of the cars he had there.

Re: RS6 Avant converted from a sedan

Originally posted by Speedracer
    My mechanic, Greg Hayman and his brother at Autofirme, in Amenia, NY just finished converting an RS6 sedan into an Avant for a customer in NYC.

Greg told me it was actually cheaper to convert it than to federalize an imported one.

I'd believe it. When I was talking to Josh @ achtuning about his imported RS 4 costs he said they were totally outrageous and a very time consuming process (still ongoing after 1 year!).

Cheaper to convert than federalize? Still going on after a year?

Ah, the joys of government in action. Or should I say inaction?

At least we Americans should feel safe now that we know our government is protecting us from those insurgent hordes of high powered German station wagons!

At least we Americans should feel safe now that we know our government is protecting us from those insurgent hordes of high powered German station wagons!
    LOL!!!
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I know the owner - looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Originally posted by JAXRS6
    They must have read some European magazine review referring to the RS4 and RS6 Avant as rockets. Can't be too safe these days.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten