Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After seeing all these posts with folks getting rid of their RS6's

After seeing all these posts with folks getting rid of their RS6's

I'm happy to say I'm still in love with mine!

saves me some typing!

Thumbs up Another happy customer ...

No complaints here either, it's the perfect 'family car' for the Pacific Northwest. Well, maybe an Avant if I could get one ...

Photo credit: kimchee
    2003 RS6 Sound-Enhancing Exhaust/Nav/Carbon Fibre/Avus Silver
    Ford F350 Dually (525lb-ft. of torque!)
    Previous all-wheel drive cars: Mitsubishi 3000 GT-VR4, 2 x Range Rover, Peugot 405 MI16-4x4

Glad to hear that you guys are really enjoying your RS6!
    Unfortunately, for me it's the opposite. Still a good car to just drive around.
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

Love mine....
    Getting 15,000 service now...

Nice shop here in Nashua.

Getting New Onstar Battery LOL....

Clicking in front suspension, something they have seen in another RS6, hopefully something easy.

Still delighted! Especially with Winter coming to Wisconsin.

I crossed Vail pass Saturday in a rental car -- just after a couple inches of new snow. God, I missed my RS6.
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

Re: After seeing all these posts with folks getting rid of their RS6's

Originally posted by rs6w
    I'm happy to say I'm still in love with mine!

saves me some typing!
    As am I! As much as one can "love" a piece of metal It will be with me a LONG time. The only possible thing I can forsee that would make me get rid of it would be if it got in a huge accident, other than that it will still be with me when my little girl grows up and learns how to drive

Ben

Hey! Theres someone else who has the same color as me. That friggin lyin dealer told me I was the only Avus Silver guy!.. hehe
    Gotta say, Benman is right.. This will be my last Audi as I plan to keep it until the end.. I suppose if I were rich I could keep switching to the uber car of the day, but this beast will suit me just fine as it has everything I have always tried to add to a car already in it. I cant imagine anything that could make me want to sell it.

I still haven't decided what I am going to do at lease turn-in. Obviously, I echo all the positive comments that have been listed here. It's a great daily driver and the AWD makes navigating New England winters much easier. However, in my case, the RS6 has turned into a track car/garage queen/weekend driver. I've been using our other two cars for the more of the daily driver role so I can "save" the RS6 for the track. I wonder given how I use the RS6 if a lighter track car would better match my needs. Well, I still have 24 months of enjoyment before I will be forced that make that decision.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

Originally posted by Hy Octane
    Hey! Theres someone else who has the same color as me. That friggin lyin dealer told me I was the only Avus Silver guy!.. hehe
    Gotta say, Benman is right.. This will be my last Audi as I plan to keep it until the end.. I suppose if I were rich I could keep switching to the uber car of the day, but this beast will suit me just fine as it has everything I have always tried to add to a car already in it. I cant imagine anything that could make me want to sell it.
    Exactly! Bake Mono Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JJV-MA
    I still haven't decided what I am going to do at lease turn-in. Obviously, I echo all the positive comments that have been listed here.

I wonder given how I use the RS6 if a lighter track car would better match my needs. Well, I still have 24 months of enjoyment before I will be forced that make that decision.
    Well, I guess you could go the Bauer route and get a suped up S4! I know it's tempting. That way you can "save" the RS 6 for daily use

I do love my RS6 as well, but some of the nagging problems have given me some pause. It is such a great daily driver, kind of, best of both worlds car. I will probably not be keeping mine at the end of my lease due to some quality concerns and if I had purchased the car I would be in AoA's face a little more about the problems.

I will, however, be buying our S8 at the end of that lease in about 6 months. One of the BEST Audis I have owned. Literally ZERO problems with 60k on the clock and two track events (wifey drives). Will probably, get GIAC chip and exhaust for it after lease is over. Wife was also asking about a STaSIS coilover set up and Alcon 6 pot for it ....god this hobby is expensive and since getting my wife into I have only screwed myself more..........man I gotta get back to work
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Bauer
    god this hobby is expensive and since getting my wife into I have only screwed myself more..........man I gotta get back to work
    And Jimmy is trying to talk me into getting MY wife into it!

I have no issues with what folks wish to do with their money, their cars, or their time. We all seem to enjoy all of it in different manner. That is why I don't pay much attention to the posts about resale value, or about selling the vehicles.

I can only be of assistance with some issues, and when it comes to getting rid of a vehicle, not sure I'm the best person to sway folks opinions one way or the other.

And with that,.... I truly love this car. The On-star is back on red again. It took 5 months this time I think, before it went red. I love that it's red. It's no longer distracting me, and fits the whole ambience scheme better. Heck, I might just take a black magic marker and paint that white dot!

When I got the S4 I really wanted the S8. But that is because I saw that Ronin movie. Given that I like larger cars, I figured that the S8 would be perfect. Well, I screwed up, and got an S4 which I was extremely happy with in terms of power and looks. However the size issue was the only irrelevant issue, one that did not bother me much. But once I learn the RS6 was coming stateside, I knew the S4 days were counted. Not wanting to fully get rid of it, just gave the S4 to my sister. I knew that if needed, I could take her out for a ride here and there. To which I have done so, but hardly.

The RS6 has given the Summer convertibles a whole new meaning. Where before they would actually see the light of day, now they sit mostly in the garage. The Benz saw maybe a total of 300 miles this Summer. The XK8 saw a whole of 600 total.
    Somehow, as I left the house half asleep every morning, I only remembered to grab the Audi keys!!!

I'm sure there will be other cars that I will enjoy and eventually buy. This one is a keeper, and it's quite possible that it will stay close to stock form. And you want to know why?
    Considering I live in New England, I'm surprised to say this, but not entirely. I think New England is a big market for Audi. As such, I still see plenty of older Audi cars, and some in great condition. Their road presence is classic. If I heavily modify the beast, it will increase the problem rate. Leave it stock, and the car will always be great looking, even for many years to come. I want to own and take the beast out when it gets to be 10-15-20 years old.

I guess it's like that Benz commercial with the older couple with the car that has reached 1 million miles. Maybe the beast won't have that many miles, but I plan to hold her long.
    First RS6 to ever come to the US. That's got to be COOL!

Originally posted by nene
    I'm sure there will be other cars that I will enjoy and eventually buy. This one is a keeper, and it's quite possible that it will stay close to stock form. And you want to know why?
    Considering I live in New England, I'm surprised to say this, but not entirely. I think New England is a big market for Audi. As such, I still see plenty of older Audi cars, and some in great condition. Their road presence is classic. If I heavily modify the beast, it will increase the problem rate. Leave it stock, and the car will always be great looking, even for many years to come. I want to own and take the beast out when it gets to be 10-15-20 years old.

I guess it's like that Benz commercial with the older couple with the car that has reached 1 million miles. Maybe the beast won't have that many miles, but I plan to hold her long.
    First RS6 to ever come to the US. That's got to be COOL!
    I could not have possibly worded it better! This car will be a classic to Audi fans. First RS in the States period. RS 4 or 8 or anything will come after this!
    Ben

Wow -- lots of great endorsements!

Had I been asked last Jan-Mar, mine would not be among them. Now that's changed.

Back then I was struggling with two problems: waiting for a main engine crank pulley (because a pebble or something had ripped the serpentine belt and damaged all pulleys; cause still uncertain); and, I was experiencing subpar performance, which for many weeks was blamed on "bad gas."

The first problem was resolved when Audi in Germany finally communicated to AOA the fact that the main engine crank pulley was already in stock here -- because it's the same as on the 2.7T engine. The second was resolved when they replaced my wiring harness, after which my ECM no longer failed (two before bit the dust).

So -- one problem was caused by poor communication after a freak incident (i.e. not likely to recur), and the other has since been (I think) permanently resolved. Big problems have been gone for 13K miles.

I'm still bothered a little by the Onstar red light and the oil overfill problem, but those are small issues because nothing has stopped working! Onstar and the phone always have functioned despite the light issue, and after three oil changes (28K mi now) & the unfortunate consistent overfilling of oil by dealers in three states, Ive had zero problems or symptoms.

So those issues are miniscule compared to the joy I get from the RS6's feast for my senses: The feel and sound of its acceleration, the sight of its gorgeous profile and luxurious interior (mine is blue/silver) ... heck, it still even smells good! And now it finally steers a little easier at low speeds, thanks to a suggestion here that I inflate my Pirellis to 40 psi.

Bottom line:

Heck, I've even found evidence that the RS6 resale value is holding up well compared to the E55 -- maybe because the E55 is still available new and there will be so many more of them, whereas the supply of RS6s will not grow here for years. I just checked edmunds.com and right now a 2003 RS6 is shown at about $4K more than a 2003 E55 before entering mileage, options, condition, color, location etc. That's a seeming reversal of trends reported just a few months ago.

The RS6 cost more to start, of course, but if Edmunds is accurate or close, the signs seem to be better than usual for our Audi.
    Last edited by JAXRS6; October 27th, 2004 at 16:30.

After seeing all these posts with folks getting rid of their RS6's

I am still madly in love with my RS6, and now with the Michelin PS2's it is better than ever.

Furthermore, with rumours that Audi may be dropping turbos (seems as the RS4 iwill be NA) my C5 RS6 may stay a long time with me
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

Mine might have to make room for a mid-sized in the future, given that the old ball and chain keeps complaining about big car vs. narrow Riviera roads. Also, the Porsche clutch is - according to her - too heavy, and I don't drive around enough stuff to justify the huge trunk (avant) so an RS4 -06 is on the wishlist.

She's going to be missed though. (I mean the car.... um, for now)

Keeping mine a while

My first Audi, a 5000 (200) Turbo Quattro, I had for 8 years. It was replaced in 1994 with an Ur S4, which I will soon sell after 10 years of happy ownership. The RS6 has everything for me which I had to have aftermarket mods done for the prior 2 cars. Suspension, brakes, and power are perfect for my street use. If I were tracking the car, or if it were out of warranty, then I might be tempted to make some aftermarket changes, especially to the brakes.

So I plan to have this car at least 10 years.