Thread: Ordered the new RS4 yet?

Ordered the new RS4 yet?

Has anybody placed an order on the B7 RS4 yet?

I'm debeating whether or not to do it myself - is there even a point in doing it as far as delivery date is concerned? (I've never pre-ordered a brand new RS car before, my beast was second-hand with 0 milage. )

I'm totally hooked up on a red RS4 Avant.

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    hey Jox,

you might want to check with rs6.com user "tailpipe".. if i remember correctly, i think he may have placed an order.

good luck.
    :thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

I've ordered a RS4 and have been told by Audi's Central London Dealership that it will arrive in November 2005.

Am I nervous about ordering a car no one has yet seen or tried? No. If I do not like what I see when the final specification is released, I can always get my deposit refunded. (£500).

The car according to Audi will be shown at the Geneva motorshow next March. Seeing it in the flesh and fully understanding what is on offer will give me more than enough time to change my mind if I don't like it. That said, everything I've seen and read convinces me that it will be as great as the current RS6.

Given that the replacement RS6 is not due for 2-3 years, the new RS4 will be Audi's signature performance car. It has to be good and it has to move the game on. It cannot simply have more horsepower and a sub-optimal chassis.

There is still no official word on the final spec and you can see elsewhere on the forum what the rumours are. In my book, what would move the category on is a 4.2 FSI V-8 with twin turbos and about 480 bhp. I'd also like to see it lose a whole lot of weight. I'd like a 7-speed DSG gearbox and fuel tank/ fuel consumption solution that lets it run 500 miles between stops.

It seems pretty certain that the car will have a naturally aspirated engine and not turbos. Some reports, including Nordschliefe on this forum, reckon the engine will be a development of existing NA V-8. That seems pretty crude in my book, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I am confident that Audi will hit the ball out of the park on this.
    Last edited by tailpipe; October 25th, 2004 at 10:23.

Tailpipe,

I know you have a long wait ahead of you but I'm confident that it will be worth it. I agree that it would not be likely for Audi (quattro) to come out with a subpar benchmark for the class. With all the great cars nowadays Audi has it's work cut out for them.

As for the turbos, it will be a bummer if it is NA but again, as long as they make the car great all around then it will be worth losing the turbo set up. Either way, will be hard waiting

Ben

I think Audi has confirmed it is the S4 V8 with 425 bhp, no turbo's.
    November 05 - that is a long wait !

Dick

Whats up with all those frigging NA engines.
    RS should be 3 things, quattro, turbo and avant.

Will I be forced to buy a skyline for next car to get my easy tuned turbo engine??

Thanks for the great responses, I will most likely go see my local dealer this week. Hopefully, he'll be able to reserve my future Avant

I'm not even a little bit nervous either. I've seen what they've accomplished thus far and they have yet to disappoint me with a performance car signed RennSport. Long wait though.

I haven't decided what I would want, but with a NA -engine and 7 gears to choose from, I for one won't complain. I loved the character the NA S8-engine had.