Thread: Let the cat out of the bag

Let the cat out of the bag

It has come to that time. The letters are in the mail and within the next two weeks the RS6 that I have loved for 31,000 miles over one year will be returned to its mother.
    I must also now share with you the replacement.
    I have looked around at various autos S4, A8, E55 (maintenence plan gone so that ones out), S55, Jaguar Super V8, Maserati and M5. All in all I decided to spend a little less money since we are expecting our second child (its a boy ) and I just wanted to spend less.
    So I compared the S4,C55(again no maintenence), and the Cadillac Cts-V. All cheaper then the RS6 not quiet the power. YET!!!
    I decided on the CTS-V because it was the bigger of the three and size was still an issue. I really hated to leave the AUDI quattro family but I drove the car and it was a blast to drive.
    The car has been purchased and is now on its way to Mallett Cars were it will be tuned into a 400 rwhp car that is all still under warranty.

The car will contain tuned performance headers and new shocks to help handle the power as well as a stronger new rearend also to handle the power and highflow cats in addition to the things listed in this article by AutoWeek. All of this still cheaper than the RS6 and the M5.

I hope you guys and Erik will still let me hang out here and chat with you guys. I will of course remain a huge fan of th RS6 and look for the day when it is returned to this side of the ocean and is returned to porduction but until that day I wish all of you "happy motoring" -Mini Cooper. My RS6 will now become a test bed for the OnStar issues that have been showing up around
    these parts

-Stuart
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

No caddies allowed

I can't believe you're giving up the RS based on the color of an LED.

'97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Re: No caddies allowed

Originally posted by iconcls
    I figured that would come up.
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.

I drove a CTS V last spring and I agree: Corvette power in a properly suspended Caddy IS a blast to drive! I hope you have fun with it and keep us posted.

Gotta admit I'm a little confused, tho. I don't get the LED rerference, and what happened to the deal you made with Audi for another RS6?

That car will be a blast AND a two year warrantee LOL...great, have fun......

Mike

Originally posted by JAXRS6
    I drove a CTS V last spring and I agree: Corvette power in a properly suspended Caddy IS a blast to drive! I hope you have fun with it and keep us posted.

Gotta admit I'm a little confused, tho. I don't get the LED rerference, and what happened to the deal you made with Audi for another RS6?
    What is the LED reference?
    The RS6 deal fell through because the dealer had already sold it.

Originally posted by sturs6
    What is the LED reference?
    It starts in the first response to your opening post, from iconcls.

Hey Erik, what do ya think of a sub forum for the Caddy - just for Stuart?

Stuart,

It's been a honour to work along side you as a moderator, your contribution to the board both behind the scenes and publicly has been valuable (Don't forget folks! Stuart supplied the funds the Gallery section, too!).

Your an invaluable asset to the board, so stick around.

Hey, at least you've purchased a semi-driver's machine (the auto is a nono, haha) because the Caddy's handling and dynamics was honed on the Nurburgring.

All the best and congratulations to both yourself and your spouse on the upcoming child.

P.S Wish I had more time available to surf/contribute to the board as often as I use to.

Well there won't be a sub-forum for the Caddy, bu Stuart sure is welcome to stay around.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: No caddies allowed

Originally posted by iconcls
    I can't believe you're giving up the RS based on the color of an LED.
    Ah I just noticed the LED response.
    Icon it is about that and some other things that I have chosen not to post on this here board or any other. Oh and the replacement was based on Audi spending 19,000 dollars so far to have it fixed.
    Stuart

Hope you stick around, and enjoy your Caddy. Though it's no RS 6

sturs6 - I would be very interested in your impressions of the car after Mallett gets done with it. Keep us posted.