Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Lead Information

RS6 Lead Information

I'm in Los Angeles and interested in purchasing a RS6. I would appreciate any lead information for a new or low mi immaculate car.

Try Beverly hills Porsche Audi and Santa Monica Audi as well as Pacific Audi and Keyes in Van Nuys. Not sure if they have anything but it should give you a good barometer for whats available.. Good Luck!

Originally posted by Hy Octane
    Try Beverly hills Porsche Audi and Santa Monica Audi as well as Pacific Audi and Keyes in Van Nuys. Not sure if they have anything but it should give you a good barometer for whats available.. Good Luck!
    They were my first calls a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nadda. I did find one elsewhere but price in IMO is high at 75K w/9K mi. According to my research this car should retail at low to mid 60's. As amazing as these cars are that fact that they were over 85K and not in demand the residual values are weak. Actually that's fairly true of most Audi's especially the 'S' models

Originally posted by Drew
    They were my first calls a few weeks ago. Unfortunately nadda. I did find one elsewhere but price in IMO is high at 75K w/9K mi. According to my research this car should retail at low to mid 60's.
    Welcome to the forum Drew.

Not sure what research you're reffering to but I've found that the vast majority are holding their value quite well here in the States (and I'm not complaining ). You should be able to find one for a little less than the $75K price that Beverly Hills was asking but don't bet on low 60's. Especially if you're expecting immaculate! All the same good luck with your search.

Ben

Originally posted by Benman
    Welcome to the forum Drew.

Not sure what research you're reffering to but I've found that the vast majority are holding their value quite well here in the States (and I'm not complaining ). You should be able to find one for a little less than the $75K price that Beverly Hills was asking but don't bet on low 60's. Especially if you're expecting immaculate! All the same good luck with your search.

Ben
    You may be right. However, dealers are asking inflated prices but realistically the RS6 has an extremely low residual value and dealers are not anxious about having one in their inventory. On the other hand the competition, E55 is much stronger at retail and the dealers can't get enough. A fully equipped '03 E55 is retailing at approx. 75K with 5K miles. It’s not rational that the RS6 would bring the same or near.

Diablo Audi in Concord CA has a brand new Blue w silver interior sitting on their showroom floor.

I would ask for George.

(925) 682 3150

Good luck
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

E55 is much stronger at retail and the dealers can't get enough. A fully equipped '03 E55 is retailing at approx. 75K with 5K miles. It’s not rational that the RS6 would bring the same or near.
    Based on my experience in Florida last Spring, I would agree with you on this. But something has changed to produce these results I just checked under Used Car Appraisals at edmunds.com:

2003 E55 Dealer Retail: $66,305
    2003 RS6 Dealer Retail: $70,527

My guess is that the apparent turnaround is related to supply and demand. Last Spring in FL, when I was considering other vehicles due to problems with my RS6 (since resolved), the 2003 E55 was almost sold out and 2004s were not coming until August or thereabouts. A new E55 was very hard to find, and some in the Miami area were being marked up above $100K for a dealer asking price! And that, of course, helped drive up the price of used E55s.

In the case of the RS6 at that time, however, Audi had increased its US allocation and there were plenty of cars on dealer lots.

But things have changed. Now that 2004 models have reached the market, the E55 supply has risen ... while the supply of RS6s remains constant and new ones are gone or all but gone. Unless the rules of supply and demand have changed, that would seem to explain the apparent turnarond.

Another factor might be the rising popularity of AWD, as evidenced by it now being offered on more U.S. sedans.

Originally posted by JAXRS6
    Based on my experience in Florida last Spring, I would agree with you on this. But something has changed to produce these results I just checked under Used Car Appraisals at edmunds.com:

2003 E55 Dealer Retail: $66,305
    2003 RS6 Dealer Retail: $70,527

My guess is that the apparent turnaround is related to supply and demand. Last Spring in FL, when I was considering other vehicles due to problems with my RS6 (since resolved), the 2003 E55 was almost sold out and 2004s were not coming until August or thereabouts. A new E55 was very hard to find, and some in the Miami area were being marked up above $100K for a dealer asking price! And that, of course, helped drive up the price of used E55s.

In the case of the RS6 at that time, however, Audi had increased its US allocation and there were plenty of cars on dealer lots.

But things have changed. Now that 2004 models have reached the market, the E55 supply has risen ... while the supply of RS6s remains constant and new ones are gone or all but gone. Unless the rules of supply and demand have changed, that would seem to explain the apparent turnarond.

Another factor might be the rising popularity of AWD, as evidenced by it now being offered on more U.S. sedans.
    In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K. And yes the dealers are attempting to ask higher #'s for the RS6 but realistically they are not good at resale....Limited demand. Unsure about this comment? Call your dealer and ask him what your RS6 will REALISTICALLY bring wholesale and retail.

In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K.
    Interesting. I just checked AutoTrader on line and found seven 2003 model E55s listed within 100 miles of ZIP code 90210. The average price is $80,270, even higher than you suggest. The lowest price was 78K.

Then I tried to find the RS6 in the same market. There were only two, both used of course, and their average price was $81,444. The lowest price was 80K. That surprised even me.

Granted, the number of vehicles is not high enough to be statistically significant, and LA is not a typical market. Still, as an owner I found my unscientific mini-survey's results encouraging!
    Last edited by JAXRS6; October 12th, 2004 at 01:12.

Then I tried to find the RS6 in the same market. There were only two, both used of course, and their average price was $81,444. The lowest price was 80K. That surprised even me.

Well done Jax. So, unofficially, the RS 6 is the one to beat!

Interesting. I just checked AutoTrader on line and found seven 2003 model E55s listed within 100 miles of ZIP code 90210. The average price is $80,270, even higher than you suggest. The lowest price was 78K.

Granted, the number of vehicles is not high enough to be statistically significant, and LA is not a typical market. Still, as an owner I found my unscientific mini-survey's results encouraging!
    I have found two RS6's in Los Angeles with an average asking price of 75K. When I contacted one of the dealers and said I was interested in 'trading in' my RS6 for a GT3 they gave be an approx. trade in value of 55K and avised I could try to retail at 65K. Check out these on ebay. One has 1100 miles with a buy now price of $73,900. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Hey, I'm just the messenger and still an RS6 fan.
    Last edited by Drew; October 12th, 2004 at 03:00.

OK, so I went searching for the E55 on ebay. Scanning the first few pages I could find none with a buy-it-now price, and bidding status varied widely. Most are 04 models and have zero bids with most of their 7-day listing expired; one has 8 bids, with the current $70K not meeting reserve; one 03 model has 10 bids, but the price is up to only $50K.

For me, this -- along with the other two sources I cited, making three total -- is enough to indicate the two cars have rough parity in market value. Although I recognize that in general a Benz holds its value better than an Audi, and I saw that earlier, I don't see it now when comparing 2003 models of the RS6 and E55.

Drew: What do you think IS a fair price for a low mileage (say under 2K miles) perfect condition RS6?
    Jack

[url=http://jackspictures.com/images/GT2/HRE-front-side.jpg]'03 GT2[/url]
    [url=http://jackspictures.com/images/Audi%20RS6/RS6%20side%201.jpg]'03 RS6[/url]

Drew-
    If your interested, I have a Misano Red/Black with 1,200 miles. I bought it a few months ago to add to my collection. The car sticked for $87,260 with warm weather package, rear/side airbags, carbon fiber, and sound enhancing exhaust......obviously the car is in IMMACULATE condition.....make me a reasonable offer.

Dont forget. As of the 2005 model year, Mercedes is no longer offering the 4 year 50k mile warranty and free service. Its 1 yr or 15k I believe.. and after that, YOU PAY!

For me, this would tilt the bucket way towards the RS6, especially with all the problems the MB's have been having.

Dont forget. As of the 2005 model year, Mercedes is no longer offering the 4 year 50k mile warranty and free service. Its 1 yr or 15k I believe.. and after that, YOU PAY!

For me, this would tilt the bucket way towards the RS6, especially with all the problems the MB's have been having.
    Excellent point! And, Drew, I'm sorry if I seemed to be trying to buck your effort, but I know a lot of other people browse these forums & I just wanted to post what I found. If my conclusion seems a little fuzzy...well, it was late. I shoulda shut up and gone to bed.

For what it's worth, there were references to RS6s being available around $70K new a few weeks ago in some threads at the rs6 forum for audiworld.com So, maybe there are still some deals!

Yes, starting with the dynamic seats lumbar support problem, the car tends to swerve to the right. There is no fix for that at the moment! I was actually considering upon trading in the RS6 for an E55 amg... What was I thinking!!
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

"In Los Angeles you will not find a fully equipped low mi. E55 for under 74K. And yes the dealers are attempting to ask higher #'s for the RS6 but realistically they are not good at resale....Limited demand. Unsure about this comment? Call your dealer and ask him what your RS6 will REALISTICALLY bring wholesale and retail."

Drew - If this is true why do you need our help finding you a cheap one? I guess the law of supply and demand does work.