Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS4 has been showed to a few...

RS4 has been showed to a few...

A friend of mine has seen the RS4 down in Ingolstadt...

I have not yet spoken to him but I hope to learn more sooooooon!!!

Give it to us NOW!!!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Exclamation Emergency!

This is an emergency!!
    And in situations like this it is not wise to keep people waiting.. :MTM: :bigeyes: :MTM:
    Give us the gods!!

Regards /Pär

Re: RS4 has been showed to a few...

Originally posted by Erik
    A friend of mine has seen the RS4 down in Ingolstadt...
    Visited my dealer today. He was in Ingolstadt two weeks ago and saw the new RS4. Only the sedan though. Didn't have info on the avant. But the RS4 was ready for sales in Q1 2005 he was told.

Engine will be the V8 FSI with 420 bhp.

That's all he had.

Yes, the information I have is that a few dealers had to leave cameras etc. before they stepped into a room.

Then the RS4 was displayed (M5-style, black windows etc.), everybody cheered...

...dang it...I guess camera phones haven't made it to Germany yet!!!!
    Even the pix stink out of camera phones, it would have been something to salivate about.

Camera phones have been invented iin Germany as well.

And everybody had to leave those as well before entering the room...

At least we know the car exists. That's a good thing, something to hold on and look forward to.

:s4addict: -Audihead

Bummer...Audi made them ditch the camera phones too? Darn it...they don't miss a thing eh?
    I think we needed a good sketch artist at that meeting!

Lovely/Sounds great...RS4 is finally coming!

As a new member here, I must first off start by thanking you all for contributing to a great discussion place. I have followed the discussion over here regularly for over a year now and it is great!

Looking forward to replace my B6 S4 6-speed sedan with the new RS4 sedan - if the actual details come in my way.

As an amateur, I just wonder...but will surely find out in due time.

So, if the new B7 RS4 has the much rumoured N/A V8 FSI with maybe 420PS/420-440Nm which I would love, then there also has to be some sort of a weight reduction scheme visavi the S4, which I would love even more, right?

My registration sheet (the German tests) say 1735kg (1730-1755kg) in kerb weight for the S4 sedan with the manual gb and - in tests - 1790-1820kg for the S4 Avant. If the RS4 is built with the same philosophy as b5 rs4/c5 rs6 visavi their lesser s siblings, then I would right or wrong reckon that all the necessary beefing would add some 60-80kg to the S counterparts.

If the outgoing RS4 Avant at 380PS/440NM and a measured kerb weight in tests of some 1660-1690kg, a standard execution of the rs concept and the na engine above may not work despite na vs. turbo or am I mistaken? Would it not have to have a more powerful engine also with more torque to beat its predecessor in the straightline also in Avant form to be comparable or the current e36 m3 - not to mention the possibly new 400PS M3 in 2007, when this b7 rs4 will probably still be on the market?

Many thanks for a great forum

Re: Re: RS4 has been showed to a few...

Originally posted by cyberkallen
    Visited my dealer today. He was in Ingolstadt two weeks ago and saw the new RS4. Only the sedan though. Didn't have info on the avant. But the RS4 was ready for sales in Q1 2005 he was told.

Engine will be the V8 FSI with 420 bhp.

That's all he had.

I want Turbo's!! Please Audi, keep RS and Turbo together!

NO TUROBOS!!!!
    NO MY MONEY!!!
    I´M FAN OF TURBOS
    CHEERS
    [img]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5642/sigpic2aip5.jpg[/img]

Erik,

From posts on this site, there are three engine candidates for the new RS4:

1. Up-rated version of existing naturally aspirated 4.2 V-8 to 420 bhp (possible but unlikely given that it doesn't seem much of a step up from S4)
    2. New 4.2 FSI V-8 with 420 bhp (most likely because everyone across all RS websites I've visited seems to think that this is best choice)
    3. New 4.2 FSI V-8 with 480 bhp, yes, you read that right, 480 bhp to blitz all anticipated oppoistion and as a response to feedback demanding turbos (most desirable but probably the least likely)

Erik, can your mate confirm engine option two above? Does he definitely know. And has the spec been decided, yet?

Also, do you know anything about the new DSG box developed for the Bugatti Veyron? Apparently it can handle 922 ft lbs of torque so would be perfect for both RS4 and RS6 models.

Finally, what have they done, if anything to save weight?

We need to know these answers.

If I only knew more...

Turbos or no turbos, the most important thing is performance, performance and performance. And driveability.

If the RS4 had no turbos but performance to shut everybody's mounth who cares about turbos or no turbos?

I'm more interested to see if they're going to use some kind of "magnetic ride" active suspension and what kind of transmissionthat will be available.

Apparently they had to sign papers not to tell anyone anything about the details of the car (and I guess not many details were disclosed). Anyone found braking the contract could be sued.

Originally posted by Erik
    Turbos or no turbos, the most important thing is performance, performance and performance. And driveability.

If the RS4 had no turbos but performance to shut everybody's mounth who cares about turbos or no turbos?
    Agreed...

Although I must confess I'd like to see it getting a turbocharged engine too... N/A engines don't leave too much room for improvement/tuning...

Originally posted by tailpipe

Erik, can your mate confirm engine option two above? Does he definitely know. And has the spec been decided, yet?
    My dealer is 100% sure that the engine mentioned was the FSI, NA.

It seems like he didn't pay much attention when the RS4 was presented because his interests are mainly in the A6 Avant and the new Q7. Those are his top-sellers (at least that is what he hopes).

Originally posted by nene
    of course and we eat with fingers ..

evry kid has camera phone here..
    Vorsprung durch Technik

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by nene

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

of course and we eat with fingers ..

Kids, .... don't start fighting!!!

let's talk again about the original thread - theme:
    our beloved

Not trying to bring everyone down from the stratosphere here, but keep in mind that all this new gadgetry cost $$$$$$! You want the latest/best, you must pay to play!.
    The more you want, the more you will have to be charged.

I love that we all want everything, but I hate it when everyone starts complaining that the car is overpriced!
    I don't think that is true so much on this board, as most of us have bought a pretty high priced vehicle from Audi. But I think that will happen on other forums.

VAG will not give us what %5 of the population wants. VAG will give us what 70% of the population can afford. As such, keep in mind that some nifty features will be cut somewhere to keep the cost down.

I doubt the Veyron system will ever make it into an RS car. Just too expensive of a system, and not practical on a $90+/-G USD car. Some of what is learnt from the technology might spawn another transmission that is cheaper and can handle a decent amount of torque however.

I for one am just happy that the RS4 will come stateside! That is enough to satisfy me. Oh, almost forgot,...it will be done in a saloon version!