Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: east coast fall drive anyone???

east coast fall drive anyone???

i've been on a few vw R32 drives recently up at Bear Mtn in NY(near the top of garden state parkway) and i was wondering if anyone would be potentially interested in coming to an RS6 meeting and drive. we could set up a meeting at a local spot for food then goout for a cruise from there. the roads are great, the scenery is awesome and it would be cool to get all the local rs6 owners together. let me know if anyone would be interested!!!!
    time and date to be determined but hopefully some saturday or sunday in october.
    -mike

Nice idea - keep me in the loop, altho October looking busy already for me.
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

I agree. I think at the end of oct sounds good.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

I'm in. We had an absolute blast on the Spring meet driving between Kingston & New Paltz, NY.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

I'm in from Mid-End of October.

judging from everyone's responses, it seems like saturday 10/30 might work on for the most people. should we pick 10/30 as "THE" date???
    i'm still new to this board, so if any of the rs6.com elders have any suggestions on meeting places,routes,times,dates or anything at all, it would all be appreciated.
    i'd just like to get out, meet the group, check out the cars and go for a drive.

Go anywhere, just make sure you find a few M5s to eat

http://www.rs6.com/articles/021.html

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Sunday the 31st would be better. But we can have a vote what date.

Anybody have any ideas about location. Somone already mentioned bear mountains. Somebody also has to make a route. Last meet speedracer and Robertv made the route maybe they can do it again. Anybody else want to make a route.

One other note also somone should bring a decent cameras. But we have time for that.

PS. hope that this meet will be double. The last meet we had 5 RS6s plus more audis and a porche. hopefully almost 10 RS6s this time. And of course other audi owners welcome.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Atlanta, Georgia and Ramat-Hasharon,Israel
    you guys better take a camera while out there.

get some clips and stuff.

sounds cool.

:thumb: Buckle Up and Enjoy The Ride.

I'm good for either day. 30th or 31st is good for me.

I just got a brand new Nikon D70, so I've been practicing with it.

Sounds like fun... I'm in. Both days are good with me.
    '77 Porsche 911 3.0 Sportomatic
    '95 BMW 525it (For Sale)
    '02 S6 Avant

Are we planning to make this official? Such as post on other forums as well?

i say we continue to shoot for saturday 10/30. this way if it rains and sunday is clear then we can go sunday, also sunday is halloween, i'm not sure how many people on this board have kids or some other form of trick or treating responsibilities.

i was just up at bear mtn yesterday with the VW R32 guys. those roads are a blast. the roads are kind of tight for the RS6, but the car really handled well. we can meet up at the home depot parking lot at the palisades park mall then head over as a group.

i'm not a master organizer of these type things, i'd just like to meet up with the other rs6 owners and go for a drive.

I'm interested too...it's my birthday, too, so my wife can't give me too much grief!!...can we do daytime so it's safer driving and we don't miss trick or treating?

Im interested in a drive meet....I live about 20-30 mins from the palisades mall....bear mt. is like 15 mins from me....i live off the taconic parkway north.....town called mahopac....anyone fimiliar with it....well if u guys are planning on making a meet....now is the time to do it....hope it happens

Where are we with this one?

I plan to crash the party with my BMW X5 and leave the Audi at home.
    I know, I know....but you folks will be surprised at what this 4.4 X5 can do....much better balance and road feel over the 02 S6 I had Those of you that were on the last drive up in Kingston know that I pushed the S6 pretty hard
    I slapped a set of 20" with some sticky rubber on the X5 and I'm pretty happy with the "new" ride.
    BTW....I just left a deposit on a new E60 M5....whish that was here now, it would be a blast with your beasts.

incognito I'm in Yorktown Heights off of RT129, so yes, I have heard of your town.

Link to movie from last drive, PLEASE RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Is this the robert im thinking of? This is Cooper, Johns son. Your X5 has 20's and your getting an M5?! When did that happen? My WRX is still all together but now its rediculously loud because of the 4inch downpipe and complete lack of cats My dad and I deffinately want to come but I think we will each come in our own cars now...

incognito: Yeah i know Mahopac. I have several friends who live there. Do you also have an RS 6? The reason i ask is because a guy i know with an S4 said he raced one there.

Fall RS6 et al. drive i n Boston.
    Hey guys, a few buddies of mine are contemplating doing a mini Audifest in the Boston area on Thanksgiving weekend sometime prior to, or after the BC/Syracuse football game.
    Already one RS6, TT and an A4 in the mix