Thread: Next Gen RS6

Next Gen RS6

I do not know whether this has been posted before or not...

Pretty crappy pic but you can get some hints...

Looks pretty sick...

fake-r-us

It's a photoshop picture. Not really the real thing if you know what I mean. Just someone's idea of what it might look like.

However, I have no idea why magz are posting this pic, since it's clearly a good photoshop, but photoshop nonetheless.

Here's a good discussion about it, with large pix

That pic is of the new A6 S-Line

It was introduced into the UK market about 2 weeks ago. Here's the official pic, with 17" brakes, and the RS6 5 spoke 18"/19" inch wheels.

Now if this is how the S-Line looks, imagine how the RS6 will look.

Ay mami.... http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploa...ne_britain.jpg[/url]

Re: fake-r-us

Originally posted by nene
    However, I have no idea why magz are posting this pic, since it's clearly a good photoshop, but photoshop nonetheless.

Here's a good discussion about it, with large pix
    Mags do it all the time. Road & Track and Car & Driver are good examples of putting Photoshop "artisits" concepts on the covers often.
    Ben

I still dont know whats going on? One mag says a lambo V10 then the next mag says a TTV8.

I think the V10 is going to be there choice
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

If it is a V8 TT, I probably wont waste my money, unless there are MAJOR chasis changes that adress the weight and weight distribution.....I can't see currently why a current RS6 onwer would by another RS6 with basicly the same motor, just chipped. That is why I think it will be a V10TT...becasue it will need to be with the quattro drive line to compete with the new E60 M and the next gen E63 AMG with est 610hp and 1000 ftlbs of tq ....wounder how they will get that power down???

They have problems with the current E55 and the power making handeling very difficult at the limits which = dangerous. Can you imange some poor guy with little drving experience getting his E63 and turning off the traction control. He would probably kill himself. The AMG's are fast as hell but come on get a balanced car, these chasis can hardly handel the power. It seems to me MBZ has been blinded by HP and TQ and are making luxo boat top fuel dragsters. Hell why don't they just strap a soild rocket booster to the next gen E AMG and be done with it. I am sure the handeling would be spectacular

Sorry for the rant
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Bauer
    If it is a V8 TT, I probably wont waste my money, unless there are MAJOR chasis changes that adress the weight and weight distribution.....I can't see currently why a current RS6 onwer would by another RS6 with basicly the same motor, just chipped. That is why I think it will be a V10TT...becasue it will need to be with the quattro drive line to compete with the new E60 M and the next gen E63 AMG with est 610hp and 1000 ftlbs of tq ....wounder how they will get that power down???

. It seems to me MBZ has been blinded by HP and TQ and are making luxo boat top fuel dragsters. Hell why don't they just strap a soild rocket booster to the next gen E AMG and be done with it. I am sure the handeling would be spectacular

Sorry for the rant
    All this is gross indulgence, and the fashion will change , and change quite rapidly. With governments keen on bringing speed down (all these speed cameras in the UK, and elsewhere), how long before they introduce an annual tax based on HP and weight. BTW, I love speed too, but prefer it with lightweight specials e.g 993Rs, GT3, M3 CSL etc.

computers are taking over driving, there is simply no two ways about it. Unless you are designing a track-type car that flatters driver skill (very small market), things will just continue to the point where all computers will push all tires to the limit of adhesion at almost all times (lateral, acceleration and braking).

At that point I don't think there will be a meaningful difference in point to point speed or even performance driving enjoyment among all the top luxury cars, software will pretty much make them all the same, in terms of capability to use 99% of the rubber on the road by merely pressing a pedal harder.

So instead it'll be a software and feature and styling race. Who has the best widgets the best electronic integration with all the doo-dads we all love to carry around and increasingly depend on. Who will first get to in-car internet on demand, fully integrated phone and video systems, you name it... it'll become like the PC biz. Road tests will be benchmarking cpu speeds not talking much about driveability. The japanese will surely be the ones to beat here.

Rather boring for those who fancy manual driving controls, I think, and will split the market into old timers who like raw cars like the Elise and have access to private roads to use them on, and the rest of us who with the realities of policing, speed limits and choked highways, turn our attention to comfort and features.

Originally posted by Bauer

They have problems with the current E55 and the power making handeling very difficult at the limits which = dangerous. Can you imange some poor guy with little drving experience getting his E63 and turning off the traction control. He would probably kill himself. The AMG's are fast as hell but come on get a balanced car, these chasis can hardly handel the power. It seems to me MBZ has been blinded by HP and TQ and are making luxo boat top fuel dragsters. Hell why don't they just strap a soild rocket booster to the next gen E AMG and be done with it. I am sure the handeling would be spectacular

Sorry for the rant

it's not 1000 ft. lbs of torque, it's supposedly 1000 NM torque which in conversion, about 723 ft. lbs of torque. 1000 ft. lbs of torque is..... pushin... but who knows maybe they will =)

93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT

Originally posted by PP
    All this is gross indulgence, and the fashion will change , and change quite rapidly. With governments keen on bringing speed down (all these speed cameras in the UK, and elsewhere), how long before they introduce an annual tax based on HP and weight. BTW, I love speed too, but prefer it with lightweight specials e.g 993Rs, GT3, M3 CSL etc.
    So true. We are far less stifled here in Canada than in the UK, but our drivers are poorly trained and ill-disciplined, and our speed limits absurdly low. The horsepower war is good for bragging rights and not much else. Bring back the Colin Chapman philosophy of speed through weight loss!
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

If it is a V8 TT, I probably wont waste my money, unless there are MAJOR chasis changes that adress the weight and weight distribution.....I can't see currently why a current RS6 onwer would by another RS6 with basicly the same motor, just chipped.
    Bauer - I agree that the weight distribution issue has to be addressed. I like the V10 NA idea. Does the V10 weigh less than the V8TT? Does it take up more space (overall displacement), making it harder to address the weight distribution issue? Also, I I don't see any indication that Audi is going to just start throwing more hp at the cars like Merc is doing (Merc must feel this strategy is selling cars).

What about the V8 TT with FSI (fuel injection)? On the Pike's Peak prototype with FSI, that engine was promoted as producing 500 hp. (With the A3 2.0L TT, FSI allegedly eliminates all turbo lag.) Adjust the tuning and its up to 550 hp ...

Can Audi make the car significantly lighter without giving up too much? What about aluminum space frame? Doesn't the A8L weigh about the same as the RS6, yet its a much larger car? I seem to remember the A8L W12 weighing about the same as the RS6.

What about the DSG gearbox for faster shifts - or something similar - that doesn't cost too much in terms of weight gain? How about a manual transmission? Whay couldn't they use the RS4 manual transmission?

This is all idle speculation, but I'm interested in others thoughts on these issues (Nord?).

I'm hoping Audi addresses these issues on the new RS4 (assuming its coming stateside) and really produces an M3 beater. If they do, I might seriously consider it.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

My bet is on the V8tt FSI as the V10 would push it well beyond the $100K mark.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

i hope its a V10. I dont think either way they can make it over 86,000 dollars. Nobody would buy it when the M5 and E55 is $80000. Thats my opnion.

If they do make it a V8 tt again at 500hp, why would people buy it if you can take the current RS6 and chip it and it will be the same.

I wonder how many RS6 owners are going to switch to an M5? Unless Audi comes out with something really good with the same price range.
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Originally posted by nyrs6
    i hope its a V10. I dont think either way they can make it over 86,000 dollars. Nobody would buy it when the M5 and E55 is $80000. Thats my opnion.
    There is NO POSSIBLE WAY the New M5 will be $80,000.00.

My guess is MINIMUM $90,000.00 base! If not i will be happy to eat crow as that would make the M5 serious Bang for the Buck!

Ben

If they do make it a V8 tt again at 500hp, why would people buy it if you can take the current RS6 and chip it and it will be the same.
    NYRS6, my post referred to alot more than just the engine - weight, weight distribution, eliminating turbo lag. If Audi really addressed all of these (and I feel they must), then why reject on the basis of the V8 TT alone?

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

All it neeeds now is the night rider LED strip going across the grill above the plate....and where's my cheque book?