Thread: The S4 is too common...

The S4 is too common...

...at least that is what you could think if you spotted the cars parked in the visitors parking area at a client this morning. 3 out of 4 cars where S4-V8's. And all silver too. :s4addict:

Mine is the Avant.

Haha, that's funny!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Hi,

Interesting. What's the deal with the black aero pieces on the door sills? I thought those were supposed to be painted the same color as the car?

Quad

Originally posted by quad_exhaust
    Interesting. What's the deal with the black aero pieces on the door sills? I thought those were supposed to be painted the same color as the car?
    Not in Europe
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

It does rather depend on where you live...

Living in London, every other performance car you see is now a BMW M3. They're also popular in France and Italy, not to mention Germany.

As for S4s, you hardly ever see them in the UK, which makes them all that more special.

When you have to contend with icy roads in winter, it's a different story and the number of S4s in Switzerland, Sweden and Finland is extraordinary...

There can be no doubt that the S4 is the supercar for the real world. Fantastic.

Anyone privy to the sales figures for the new S4? I have been trying to find out, keep getting stumped at every turn. It would be nice to know. I'm just guessing here, but I suppose they would make it @ 10 to 1 ratio w/the regular A4.

:s4addict: -Audihead
    Last edited by Audihead; June 29th, 2004 at 18:23.

Maybe not that high

Only 4 other S4's spotted here in Toronto but A4's (and M3's) at every turn.

I'd suspect the ratio is more 20:1?

:s4addict:
    Audi Advocate
    2004 Audi S4 V8 - Fast
    2008 Volvo XC70 - Functional!

I was kind of basing my thoughts on a 150,000 to 15,000 a year ratio. I have only seen 5 S4's on the road in Detroit and Chi-Town, plenty at the local dealership (Not Selling Real Well). They have the update in stock inspection stickers in the windows. The dealer won't deal on the cars, so the people i'm sure go across the street to the BMW dealer.

Originally posted by Audihead
    Anyone privy to the sales figures for the new S4? I have been trying to find out, keep getting stumped at every turn. It would be nice to know. I'm just guessing here, but I suppose they would make it @ 10 to 1 ratio w/the regular A4.

I think the old S4s compared to a4s were pretty good sales i am not shure the number though but you still have to wait like another year to compare the new S4 people are still buying them theres only soo much you can sell a day
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Here in Perth M3s far outnumber S4s, and i could count the number of S4 sightings on my hand. I've only ever seen an RS6 twice, and I think it was the same one. 45 total RS6s in oz i think. Of course here we have no snow problems, and our local performance cars are rwd (holden and fords) so traditionally awd isn't a selling point. But they have recently developed awd systems locally for SUVs and will soon be adapted for the performance cars due to the popularity of WRXs, EVOs, Skylines etc.

Perfect!

Nice to not see myself at every stoplight.

Forza S4!

:s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict: :s4addict:
    Audi Advocate
    2004 Audi S4 V8 - Fast
    2008 Volvo XC70 - Functional!