Thread: Pics: BMW M6

Pics: BMW M6

In my opinion - This is the car to get if you want a BMW.
    Or wait for the M6 CSL

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Re: Pics: BMW M6

Awesome - will re-write the rules of the sporting executive coupe
    Great wheels
    Last edited by Sims; June 22nd, 2004 at 14:29.

unattractive

Personally I like the 5 & 7 series better. The 6 series is just awful, and seeing it in person just confirmed it. I don't believe the M6 will be any better looking, or the aesthetic update won't do much to change my mind.

How is the M6 re-writing the rules of sporting executive saloon PP? What's different between this and the CL55 or CL65 for that matter? The M6 is simply an answer to what Benz has been doing with the CL series. Nothing more.

I love my 545i, and I will probably call the local dealership to get on the list for the M5, which I'll trade for the 545i. But I'd never get the 645i.

Re: unattractive

Brawn & Brains + looks & Charisma - clearly I am a BMW fan !!!!

Originally posted by nene
    [B]The 6 series is just awful, and seeing it in person just confirmed it. I don't believe the M6 will be any better looking, or the aesthetic update won't do much to change my mind.

How is the M6 re-writing the rules of sporting executive coupe PP? What's different between this and the CL55 or CL65 for that matter? The M6 is simply an answer to what Benz has been doing with the CL series. Nothing more.

Love the wheels, hate the boot. Still would want one I've someone gave it to me

Re: Re: unattractive

Originally posted by PP
    Brawn & Brains + looks & Charisma - clearly I am a BMW fan !!!!
    I love BMW as well, don't take me wrong. I've owned various of them since 1987, and always first year models.
    However, I'm no sheep!!!

Re: Re: Re: unattractive

Originally posted by nene
    I love BMW as well, don't take me wrong. I've owned various of them since 1987, and always first year models.
    However, I'm no sheep!!!
    Fair comment - my ownership experience with BMW goes back to the 1600, the 2002 tii, CSl Alpina, the M1, the E30 M3 etc and I share your enthusiam for the marque. I have not been too impressed with BMW for the last 10 years or so, but I think the renaissance has started with the M3 CSL, the 6 coupe.

After seeing the 6 series IRL, I just can't get over THAT butt. Mybe I'm too conservative but it just looks like a bad DIY conversion to make the boot bigger! Wouldn't mind a ride in the M^ when it comes out though

The M-butt is much better than the 645i.

I'm with Nene here...The 6-series isn't the BMW to have, even as a M6, it doesn't do it for me.

Looks like they used Avus Blue on the top picture, though. Possibly one of the best blues in the world IMO.

We're all different.

The M5 doesn't do it for me (looks no, performance yes.)

The M6 is ok (the butt is a bit ) and performacne will be better than the M5.

The M6 (CSL if made) is the ultimate BMW!

Originally posted by Erik

The M6 (CSL if made) is the ultimate BMW!

Perhaps later in the product life-cycle. Although the legendary 3.0 CSL was produced in 1972, well before production of the Coupe ended in 1975