Thread: MTM/Hoppen 575 hp RS6

MTM/Hoppen 575 hp RS6

I found this link in another thread, but it's well worth a thread of its own.

Hoppen RS6

"The full-house package includes sport turbos, different head gaskets, a new fuel pressure regulator, new spark plugs, high-pressure silicon hoses, a high-volume fuel pump, freer-flowing twin air filters and—the heart of the package—software tuning to the electronic control module for the engine and automatic transmission. There is also a full stainless-steel exhaust system, MTM 19-inch Bimoto wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 275/30ZR tires, and an MTM upgrade to the Brembo front brakes.

As for the suspension? “Already wonderful. Nothing much we can improve upon there,” Hoppen says."

"Most anyone can reprogram an ECU to make more power, he says, “but they know exactly how far to go: how much the engine will take, and how much torque the transmission will take.” "

Their homepage is not the best around, but here it is anyway:
    http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Now I am drooooooling

Got my autoweek today with a story about Hoppen MTM auto tuner for the Audi. The $29,500 options is tempting, but there is also a $2,600 option...wonder how much fun that would be?

http://www.autoweek.com/search/searc...64451&record=1

you can always go one step up .... btdt w/s6 :MTM:

Is this the same 568HP kit or something new which MTM does not have on their site yet?

http://www.mtm-online.de/html_en/det...M&FZID=RS6331Q

Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

Is this the same 568HP kit
    I believe so - SAE versus DIN hp would make a little difference.

:MTM:

Not sure what MTM in Germany has for stages of hp and torque increases, but on the Hoppenmotorsports web site (Hoppen is based in Florida) his MTM based packages come in four stages. The package tested by autoweek is the stage 4 kit (which is the most powerful one currently offered by Hoppen).
    ----------------------------------
    '03 BMW E39 M5
    '05 Ford Expedition EB 4WD
    '05 Honda Accord EX-V6

sportec

For that amount of money, I'd take the Sportec 600 hp tune. I was told by Gunter of Sportec that he will literally fly to the install as they want to make sure it's done perfectly. Some lucky person in Dubai was their next 600 hp customer. Must be nice! This makes only perfect sense to me, as I would not trust any shop in the states to perform such a mod for the simple fact they would have never done something so intensive to an RS6 prior. The exception being Hoppen, but even they have only done one or two cars.

James

SPORTEC
    Leistungsstufe 3 - 4.2 V8 Biturbo 331kW (450 PS) Motortyp: BCY
    Artikel Nr. 10 11 03 540
    Stufe 2 zuzüglich: SPORTEC-Turbolader K04.600, Ansaugrohre, verstärkte Wasserkühlung, Sportnockenwellen, zusätzliche Getriebeanpassung, Motorfeinbearbeitung, Zylinderköpfe, inkl. Leistungsmessungen

Max. Leistung: 440 KW (600 PS) @ 6500 RPM
    Max. Drehmoment: 680 NM @ 3700 RPM

Max. Geschwindigkeit: ca. 329 km/h
    Max. Beschleunigung: ca. 3.9 Sekunden von 0-100 km/h
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600hp.jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	1626  

MTM done quite bit more VW/Audi cars that most of other tuners ....

Hoppen got more experience with Audi tunning in NA that anyone else so I would not discount that. I do not recall Sportec tunning with older Audi models though.

HI highrustler,

Do you know the Sportec's transmission treatment?

I'm curious about how it can hold such high HP/TQ?

Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

dunno

No, I don't what they do for the 600hp. I know for my 500hp tune, Gunter re-mapped both the ECU and TCU. You could email Sportec.

James

Anyone here done phase 1 at MTM?

I've looked into the chip at MTM and spoke to Hoppen the other day. Nice enough guy I guess, very complementary of the RS6. Said that they'll do the chip work at their shop, just send the ECU. They'll send out the exhaust for another shop to install.. but the big phase 3 and 4 work they said they'd only do in house (in Florida).

Anyway, has anybody here gone through phase 1 and or phase 2? Feel free to private message me if you wish to remain anonymous for warranty reasons.

I'm thinking about this and want some opinions of customers of Hoppens if you're out there.

Thx

JKN

Re: Anyone here done phase 1 at MTM?

Originally posted by JKN

Anyway, has anybody here gone through phase 1 and or phase 2? Feel free to private message me if you wish to remain anonymous for warranty reasons.

JKN
    I hhave not done it myself but I know of another member that has and he said that Hoppen is great to work with. I will PM you who it is so you can get in touch with him.
    -Stuart
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust