Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milltek system installed !

Talking Milltek system installed !

Wow,

This is what the vehicle is supposed to sound like, the higher the RPM's the sweeter the sound. Thank you Bob @Stratmosphere everything you said the exhaust would be it is and more than I expected. Cannot wait to get the car chipped soon.
    Finally I am happy, will be taking pics today.

Bajo

PS. Anyone want to buy a APR/Billy exhaust at a real reasonable price LOL
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

LOL,

Finally, a perfect exhaust that meets (and possible exceeds) both your own expectations and adds character to the car.

Best of luck in selling the APR/Billy exhaust. LOL.

Klint,

Thanx, I wil be giving APR one more chance to make things right, if not I wil take further action, becasue I plainly did not get what I wanted and/or was told to expect.

Bajo

Bajo-

Glad to hear you got what you wanted. Sorry you are now dealing with the old exhaust and I hope all works out.

Truefully, I would not buy any APR products or items they sell for the RS6 as I believe it is a car a little out of their capabilities. It is very intersting when you start calling some of these tuners and ask probing questions. APR could not even get me a dyno chart with the before and after results.....makes you wounder. I think the A4 1.8t motor they have down and are fairly competent on the V6tt. Just my 2cents
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Very nice. Glad you found something more appealing to your specs.

As Promised !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milltek3.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	1609  

Sorry for the quality of this one

Name:	milltek1.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1610  

Another one

Name:	milltek3.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	1611  

Aint she a beaut!!!!!!

Name:	bajors65.jpg 
Views:	1233 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	1612  

Bajo,

A BIG congratulations, the exhaust looks sensational, as does the wax work you've done to the bodywork.

Isn't the first pic the same as the third?

All the best,

Klint and all others who have replied.... THANK"S

You are correct my man, oops, sorry for the double pic post.
    The sound is sensational .

I try to keep her clean and it shows she has never seen snow, got my denali and ml for that work, .

TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE MEMORIAL DAY, HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE ONE, LETS NOT FORGET, BUT KEEP REMEMBERING OUR TROOPS.

BAJO

Originally posted by Bajors6
    Klint and all others who have replied.... THANK"S

You are correct my man, oops, sorry for the double pic post.
    The sound is sensational .

I try to keep her clean and it shows she has never seen snow, got my denali and ml for that work, .

TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE MEMORIAL DAY, HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE ONE, LETS NOT FORGET, BUT KEEP REMEMBERING OUR TROOPS.

BAJO
    Bajo,

Time to update that sig. of yours....

congratulations on your milltek,looks awesome.Our rs6 also has the milltek,and it sounds awesome,scary too good luck

Bajo,
    While it seems you replaced the OEM exhaust for the sound, I have a question concerning horsepower (HP). Your current signature indicates you had the OEM Sport Exhaust. Do you (or anyone) know if that extra cost option delivered more hp than the OEM non-sport exhaust? Any additional hp from the Milltek system vs the OEM (sport and/or non-sport)?
    ----------------------------------
    '03 BMW E39 M5
    '05 Ford Expedition EB 4WD
    '05 Honda Accord EX-V6

Both versions of exhaust available stock put out the same power, the sport version just uses different resonated tips and maybe a different silencer to alter the sound.

The stock Audi exhaust, including the enhanced exhaust option, have flats on the pipes for clearance. The Milltek does not have any flat points so it is conceivable that it performs better but the difference would be nominal and not one you could feel in a 450+bhp car.

Andy

Bajo,
    While it seems you replaced the OEM exhaust for the sound, I have a question concerning horsepower (HP). Your current signature indicates you had the OEM Sport Exhaust. Do you (or anyone) know if that extra cost option delivered more hp than the OEM non-sport exhaust? Any additional hp from the Milltek system vs the OEM (sport and/or non-sport)?

I have heard a non sport version and was glad I ordered the sport exh. More power from sport, I do not think so.
    More power from the Milltek I will have to say yes, slight more power feel than stock. But remember very slight. O.E. exhaust (and APR's crappy one) have the center resonator and a section of the pipe conjoined, therefore it is not a true dual system, Milltek however is completely straight and therefore a true dual system, in my opinion it is what it gives it the throatier growl and better exhaling abilities to the engine, therefore making slight more power. I am sure alot of members are going to come back with "show me proof of more power", and I say to that NO I dont have any besides my personal feel for my car before the Milltek, APR and O.E. setups.
    The chip works is in progress, will be sending ecm and tcm units to stratmosphere for work on Tuesday. I will have full write-up after it is installed and functioning. I will also be asking Stratmosphere about the exhaust downpipes and will hopefully be installing them in the near future. The downpipes are a key element in order to make the engine exhale better and faster and should also make the system even throatier. As far as installing them I know they will be a pain in the butt, I have seen the bolts but cannot even get close to touching them, looks like I will have to have my bro make some special tools. Let me tell you it doesnt make you feel good to see a $30 snap-on wrench being heated and bent, but it makes my job easier that is all that matters. Again thank's to all who have replied to this thread!
    Bajo

Congrats on exhaust

Man have you saved me some agony. I have a stock ( not sport ) factory exhaust and have been reading/searching for an upgrade. Tough to find quantatative answers for hard questions like "how does it sound?" I had a Milltek non resonated exhaust on my TTC 225 and did enjoy the sound.
    As others have noted APR seems to know their stuff with the 1.8 T engine. RS6's, being the rare birds they are, makes it tougher to find answers you can believe. I like the look of the Milltek - like the TT exhaust it is sort of a jazzed up stock look, but it the sound I'm after ( and a little performance if that comes along is ok too : ) ) - Thanks again for the photo's and descriptions - I will be calling Stratmosphere to place my order. Amazingly the RS6 tech and service guy at my dealer suggested this rather than trying a factory sport exhaust....my opinion of them just went up a notch.