View Poll Results: Yes or No US RS6 owners do you have Onstar Red light issues???

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 73.33%
  • No

4 26.67%

Thread: Poll US OnStar Redlighters

Poll US OnStar Redlighters

This is a thread for US RS6 owners to find out a total number of OnStar Red Light issues. I am meeting with a German Audi Tech tomorrow so I would like to bring a number even if it is an estimated number.
    Thanks,
    -Stuart
    P.S. If yes do like Icon did and tell us how many time it has happened.
    I am on number 5.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

5 tries at fixing and always goes red
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

5 failures for me, too. Fixed 4 times, has failed again = 5. Back-up battery replaced at least twice.

Hope you'll take the longer "Onstar red light" thread, too, to show to the AOA tech, since this one barely has had time to get started.

Someone at AOA needs to recognize NOW that this is a widespread problem, and they need to get it fixed soon because they are WAY behind the curve in recognizing it as a widespread problem. Even if means a humiliating act for a German automaker, such as picking up the phone to call GM.

Failed once, fixed, failed again...now always red and I don't really care as the green is way to bright.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I haven't bothered to fix it since I already know the "fix" won't take. I don't want to waste my time.
    '01.5 Stg3 S4 (Dahlback Racing software)
    '01 X5 3.0
    '04 Mini Cooper

'03 RS 6 (Avus/Silver/NAV/Rear Side Airbags) --gone but not forgotten

I just printed out the 37 page thread.
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Third time I'm red and third trip back to the dealer

Have only had one failure so far. Fixed and hasn't re-occured.

I'll keep everyone posted. Also I'll let you all know if the A8L has problems with it too.

Poll US OnStar Redlighters

all
    Just posted "yes". I've just had the beast in for front seat motor replacement (was working, albeit, quite loudly so they replaced the motor) and to have red light issue looked at, again. From previous posts, I've had 5 issues also. Have had complete unit replaced once and backup battery replaced twice, reset, three times, two different dealerships. I don't have the current complete repair info on the system yet, but do know they have given me a 2nd brand new system. I also know that Motorola was involved in this service repair, but again, don't know all the details yet. As soon as I have additional information of any value, I'll post it. The Service Tech for RS6 at Schaumburg Audi doesn't understand all these failures. He hasn't had any similar experiences with any of the A6's or A8's they've sold and service which makes this condition totally perplexing to him and the dealership. They have treated me very well nonetheless.
    Still love this car
    FEVR

seing red

Been seeing red for over 6 months, and happy!!!