Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BB Exhaust ordered

don't like Eise...

The tips look pretty small to me. Should be bigger to fill out the cut out on the bumper.
    Rear mufflers stick down too much. Also not sure the manufacturing looks that great...check out the rear muffler on the pic below.

There is some truth to the exhaust breaking in.When my dad had the milltek exhaust installed,i took the beast for a ride and only noticed a small difference in sound,was kind of dissapointed,but after a few hundred miles it loosened up,and now it sounds awesome at all speeds,growling at part throttle and roaring at full throttle,with people turning their heads P.S I had the same experience when i installed an exhaust system on my camaro.good luck.....BTW i may be biased but personally i like the sound and look of the milltek exhaust best,the tips are the same shape as stock but larger,so they fill up the rear nicer,while still being stealthy.
    Last edited by Fast One; May 23rd, 2004 at 03:56.

Originally posted by Erik
    I'm sorry but what is WOT?
    Hi Erik,

wide open throttle

I am still waiting to hear back from Chris at APR.
    The sound is what really bothers me, build quality is good but I only like the way it sounds between 1500 and 200 rpm's whereas after that it becomes quiter, the O.E. sport I like when I nail it and the sound it makes is ear pleasing whereas the APR/BB is quiter. I will let you guys know what happens after I talked with APR.

Klint: Wash out the back boxe's ? DO you mean gut the rear mufflers.

Thank's for all you input it is appreciated.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

Originally posted by Erik
    Nordschleife, what is your opinion on http://www.eisenhaus.com/

I visted their facility about a month ago and it looked ok.
    they have some nice stuff for Lamborghini.

For the RS6, I like systems which open up an extra outlet under boost, this is expensive but very impressive. A good tuner can tune the exhaust system to give you the noise you require.

R+C

Originally posted by Bajors6

Klint: Wash out the back boxe's ? DO you mean gut the rear mufflers.

Thank's for all you input it is appreciated.

Bajo
    Bajo,

The washing out will clear up the rear mufflers quite abit once it's been done but it'll take a few goes to get it to the sound your after, but the best bit is, you can pretty much taylor the sound to your preferences (up to a point).

Make sure the car is running and is on a 40-45 degree slope (or a similar slope, where the water wont remain inside the mufflers for too long) squirt a small amount of water up the back of the exhausts then give the throttle a good full bore blast, do this as many times as you like, then take the car out for a spirited drive where the exhaust system would evaporate the remaining fluids within the back boxes.

Remember, when you let off the throttle when in Neutral do it slowly so the engine doesn't suck the water further into the system, feel free to blip the throttle up the rev range (1000rpm > 5000/6000rpm) as you please, but when coming back down the rev range, take it easy.

I do this to the 325i regularly and it sound sensational with just the factory exhaust, many people wonder how it sounds soo good, if I de-catted it - then the world would come to an end. It sounds better than the R32 throughout the whole rev range.

Originally posted by Nordschleife

For the RS6, I like systems which open up an extra outlet under boost, this is expensive but very impressive.
    R+C
    Are there any other tuners beside MTM who do it for RS6 as you LIKE it ???

Peace All

Marcin
    RS6 Avant Daytona Grey - MTM stage 2 - 508HP/700Nm

Marcin
    Any good tuner can do this. If they can't perhaps you should not be using them.
    R+C

Here's a couple of seconds of my Milltek exhaust at VIR ...

Milltek Exhaust

Courtesy of Kurt New

AndyP

Well I got some good news, APR says that the exhaust is the way it is and there is nothing they can do about it, but the guy tried to sell me a chip upgrade for the beast, and I just laughed at him.
    I will probably be selling the exhaust to a frined of mine that has bought a RS 6 for his wife and I am awaiting my Milltek system, what I have read about them is pretty much satisfying and should have researched my options before going with billy boat/apr system, oh well you win some you lose some I guess.
    And of course detailed pictures of the Milltek installed on the beast will be provided.

Bajo

I just wanted to add that working with Stratosphere and Bob has been a pleasure, he is a gentelman, scholar and a born leader of his people. LOL
    Cannot wait to get the Milltek system installed tommorow.

Bajo