Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you let your spouse drive your RS6?

Sean,
    What does Lake Silver look like?
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Sean I think it's safest if you start a new thread with pics and a story on the RS6s.

If you have pics I can host them, pls. mail to:
    erikb(nospam)@rs6.com ---> remove the (nospam)
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Hey Sean

Would u please ask your dad if he would adopt me???

" I Am A Driving God! "

WHOLLLIE cow manure,

Not one but 2 RS 6 's, and an impossible to get here in the states avant, man you are one lucky dude.

Bajo
    2007 Audi S8 (daytona/black)
    2005 Mercedes G55 (designo graphite)

now the gallardo is another story, she has only driven it once and it happen to be on the island we live on, which only has 2 miles of pavement.

ricky
    03 beast
    04 gallardo
    03 h2

Originally posted by Bajors6
    WHOLLLIE cow manure,

Not one but 2 RS 6 's, and an impossible to get here in the states avant, man you are one lucky dude.

Bajo
    Well, spend 6750$ more on a boattrip and you can have one also.
    Last edited by Sean; May 7th, 2004 at 06:25.
    '05 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    '04 Mercedes-Benz SL500
    '03 BMW X5 - the wife's

Sean,

Where did you get it federalized for the states in order to be able to get it licensed. Do you have any pics of them two, I would love to see them as I am sure everyone else here would as well. Alot of guys on this board would have rather have had an avant than a sedan, as for me I dont like the avant thing to much. Must be nice to know you are the only one across the pond to have a avant.

Bajo

Wife drives my car when ever she wants...she is a very good driver and I trust her compleatly. Hell I married her

She does track events in our S8 and has taken the RS6 out as well.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I hesitated to post, wondering if the subject at hand was still the wife driving the RS6.

Well for me it is simple, she does not want to drive the car, as she is scared of damaging it and piss me off for the rest of our lifes

In any case I am a terrible passenger. I just hate to be driven, so even with her car, if I'm in it, I do the driving.

My son has driven the RS6 once or twice and since he wasn't totally flabbergasted, I won't let him drive again

Well that's because I was next to him and he did not dare floor it....
    [img]http://www.audioimports.com/slogos3c.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://www.audioimports.com/cars/Audi.htm]Andre's Audi Pages[/url]
    [url=http://www.audiclubsa.org.za]Audi Club of South Africa[/url]

I must apologize for not staying within topic mentioned, my humble apologizies to all involved.
    I too also am terrible passenger to be driven, god forbid someone slams my beast's door above a certain decibel. Oh well she is mine and will be treated with respect unless I am the one mashing on the gas pedal, my motto is no one knows her like I do.

Bajo

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - It's replaceable. I'm assuming everybody here drives with insurance. If something happens to the car, most likely, the passengers should be able to walk away from it with minor injuries (this, of course, is dependent upon speed). I love and baby my RS6, as I have with all my vehicles, but it's just a car...

...a really nice and fun car.
    2007 997 GT3 Carrera White
    2009 Mercedes E63 Wagon, Black/Black
    2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, Rosso Corsa

Sold:
    2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl, Black Interior, NAV, Exhaust, XM Radio.
    2005 Maserati Quattroporte, Sport Package, Nero Carbonio, Cuolo Sella Seats.
    2006 Mercedes E55 Wagon

My wife has yet to drive my RS6.

She drove off more than once in my A6 4.2 sport and the grin on her face said it all. It took time but she admitted she really liked it! When her Maxima Lease is up, perhaps she'll get a new A6 4.2...

As far as the RS6 is concerned I offered several times but she declined to drive it. I have not asked again recently....LOL...she had her chance.

Mike

As with Ricky, my wife also uses the Beast as her daily driver while I'm at work. Don't have the money for a sports car AND a nice family car. That why I bought the RS 6. It is the BEST of both worlds. A safe all season performance BEAST that has the practicality of a errand runner for the Mrs. She takes good care of it and treats it just like I would.
    Ben

Hey Brit!!

I am with you. I've had the Beast for 4 months, and the wife has not driven it yet. Why should she? She has a big, lethargic SUV to drive. Letting her drive the RS6 is like letting a monkey balance the checkbook. They have no idea what they are doing!

Originally posted by mbrooks1956

Hey Brit!!

I am with you. I've had the Beast for 4 months, and the wife has not driven it yet. Why should she? She has a big, lethargic SUV to drive. Letting her drive the RS6 is like letting a monkey balance the checkbook. They have no idea what they are doing!

Brooks

I used to encourage my mother to drive my RS6s before I got rid of them, she is over 80, her daily runabout is a 996 Turbo. She can also balance a cheque book.
    My mistress is an experienced long distance racer (and International Event rider), my grandmother drove a 'racing' Bentley from Scotland to India.
    I suspect all or any of these very fine ladies could wipe the floor with you; were you writing your drivel in the 19th Century, I could understand your antidiluvian attitude, today it is not acceptable. Comparing women to monkeys is not acceptable, neither is it humerous.

R+C

Hey Brit!!

I am with you.
    Ah, but are you quite with me? My post says my wife has never driven one of my cars, although she has driven company cars I've had in the past. This means I've never had to answer the question "would you?" until now.

She does intend driving the RS 6, but every time I say "how about now?" when we're out and about, she declines. I'm sure she'll have a go before I get rid of it, even if only briefly.
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Mbrooks1956

If your wife reads your post your testicles will end up in the "Hillary Clinton Lock Box."

Don't be so fraggin Harsh to MONKEYS.

Just Kidding...

Mike

spouse, reluctantly.
    girlfriends, sure...