Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring...

Thumbs up Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring...

Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring as I write...

We had an excellent weekend with so much fun.

A few things we did:

* Overtook the M5 Ring-Taxi.
    * Overtook several Porsche Carrera RS, GT3 RS etc.
    And yes, they were driving fast...
    * Gave a swedish journalist the ride of his life. He was there
    to make an article about the Ring and got himself a real fast lap
    in an Avant... He looked kind of pale afterwards.
    * We exploded an R-tire (P Zero Corsa) in about 150 km/h in Galgenkopf which resulted in some minor damage. No need for towing though, thanks quattro
    * We have glowing brake discs on video, LeMans style
    * We kept the car on track all the time
    * We have 1000 pics+ and videos from fast RS6 laps and Porsche GT3 RS laps (slower ).

So "8:50 RS4" is now officially renamed "8:29 RS6"

Overall I am very surprised how fast the RS6 was on track.
    The brakes worked fine, even after the tire exploded and the discs started to glow (not possibility to cool them).
    However, the RS6 Avant is a heavy car - it is NOT a 1200 kg Carrera RS. It is an expensive car to track, it eats pads.
    We arrived with a brand new set of pads, changed once to used ones and changed again to go back home.
    All in all we did about 25 laps.

If you find any pics of our car on the internet, please let us know! Thanks!

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Sounds like a great time I can't wait for some of the pics, will there be some vids?? Please
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I have loads of pics and yes there will be videos.

However I am leaving for another trip on Fri or Sat and have plenty to do this week so much will be presented lateron.

The ideal line in Hatzenbach Any objections Nordschleife?

Another run in Hatzenbach. You can see the damage from the tire that exploded (right front), but the car was perfectly fine.
    To continue racing we had to saw the plastic away so that no loose objects would fall on the track.

Holy shit!

I like, I like alot! :bigeyes: :MTM:

More pics...

Fuchsröhre - imagine going down here in about 220 km/h. :MTM:
    Loads of G-s as you exit.

Entering Hatzenbach

Well we saw you(Mr Racedriver) friday at about 13.00, and you drove like a moron.
    Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....and with the pedal to the medal.

After your 'crash' it seemed to slow you down to a better stabil driver

Regards
    Mega
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6.jpg 
Views:	5164 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	1427  

Just sent you a PM

Mega, I just sent you a Private Message. You might want to read it soon.

Re: Team RS6.com is back from Nürburgring...

Originally posted by Erik
    ...However, the RS6 Avant is a heavy car - it is NOT a 1200 kg Carrera RS. It is an expensive car to track, it eats pads.
    that's what you get for using the breaks.......heheh.........remember..........never follow

Originally posted by Mega
    Well we saw you(Mr Racedriver) friday at about 13.00, and you drove like a moron.
    Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....and with the pedal to the medal.

After your 'crash' it seemed to slow you down to a better stabil driver

Regards
    Mega
    I was whaiting for this to come, this is an R tire that dident handel the pressure. Not to stange when 2.1 ton going arond whit glowing rotors. Stay tuned its all comming on video, you wil relly hear the tier explode and see the unbalance in the car. And you will also see that the car was not of. Whenn tiers blow on 4wd its not that big deal to hold on track. I drove out my self in 20 km/houer(the long stait) put on 1 BBS CH and drove to ring racing. After sawing of lose spoiler and checking 2 cut cabel. One of cable Ring Racing couldent say what it was. Could be ABS or some thing else They said. So of course after this incident we had to try the car if it was ok and it was. Ther was 2 peopel more driving my car , but I drove many 8:30 laps and when doing that you cant be all over the track. I guess I run pased you, what car did you drive? When you have seen the video I Hope for a comment! From you!!
    "Learning by doing"

"It's racing, bullfighting and mountain climbing - the rest is just games"
    ..Hemingway..

Looked like you were all over the track and did'nt know the right lines....
    What does 8:29 tell you? Is it possible to drive that fast without knowing the lines? The car was without ESP.

After the r-tire blew (we had too high pressure) we changed to normal ContiSport2 so of course the lap times would go down.
    Also, since we did not get Pagid Blues in time we had to slow down so that we had enough brake pads to go home safe.

Before MEGA starts speculate why my car was so dirty, i guess we have to show him the pictures when powersliding outside the track. The place was the parking close to flugplatz. And you know MEGA when sliding a 4wd car on mudy grass the car get a hole lode of dirt on, especally the rof. As said erlier I hope you comment when you see the video of tire exposion!
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

WOW, Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! That is a real sucky deal about the Corsa blowing! Not very confidence inspiring. As for Megas comment, interesting that a persons very first post is to slam forum members:eye:
    Ben

Originally posted by Benman
    WOW, Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! That is a real sucky deal about the Corsa blowing! Not very confidence inspiring. As for Megas comment, interesting that a persons very first post is to slam forum members:eye:
    Ben
    Tanks Beman!

Of course the vid will show it all is as Erik and me saying. Hoping for megas comment after video showing

And hope you guys are enjoing it!
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
    I was whaiting for this to come, this is an R tire that dident handel the pressure. Not to stange when 2.1 ton going arond whit glowing rotors. Stay tuned its all comming on video, you wil relly hear the tier explode and see the unbalance in the car. And you will also see that the car was not of. Whenn tiers blow on 4wd its not that big deal to hold on track. I drove out my self in 20 km/houer(the long stait) put on 1 BBS CH and drove to ring racing. After sawing of lose spoiler and checking 2 cut cabel. One of cable Ring Racing couldent say what it was. Could be ABS or some thing else They said. So of course after this incident we had to try the car if it was ok and it was. Ther was 2 peopel more driving my car , but I drove many 8:30 laps and when doing that you cant be all over the track. I guess I run pased you, what car did you drive? When you have seen the video I Hope for a comment! From you!!
    My comment has nothing to do with the tire explosion or sliding on the track.

After reading the comments I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?

We were standing at Phflantzgarten at about 13.00 friday, when we saw the RS6.COM car NOT taking the ideal lines but still with full power. We thought SHIT this car would crash some time trough easter

Then the tireexplosion, and I think we saw the car again on saterday. This time with moderate speed and ideal lines.

Looking forward to see the video, 8:30 is fast

I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?
    Correct. I for instance did my first lap ever, but I was never sliding.

Where are pictures and videos?

My comment has nothing to do with the tire explosion or sliding on the track.

After reading the comments I realize that there were other drivers of the RS6.COM car?

We were standing at Phflantzgarten at about 13.00 friday, when we saw the RS6.COM car NOT taking the ideal lines but still with full power. We thought SHIT this car would crash some time trough easter

Then the tireexplosion, and I think we saw the car again on saterday. This time with moderate speed and ideal lines.

Looking forward to see the video, 8:30 is fast
    You said in erlier post wit the pictures that we crashed then slowed down well, well we dident crach. We blow the tier late friday. And couldent get the car out before late saturday, we had at saturday no brake pads left and were not sure of the car in total. Also the rotors was prety bad but not wraped and still working at home. So we spent late saturday crusin4-5 laps but sliding the car at some curves.

ideal line is not always the ideal line. It is some of a differens driving a car at 2300kg (we was 4 siting in) and 4wd compered to say 1200kg and rear driven.

Driving Nurburgring you are doing many overtake due to hevy traffic, this makes it very hard to stay at the theoreticaly right spot all time. And last i never said I am any drivers instructor, Im not geting paid driving cars.
    Just enjoing myself
    "Learning by doing"

..Hemingway..

Mega were you there with your shopping trolley?

Mega is well known on the Lotus boards , he's a Civic Type R DUDE
    Alan
    RS6 Avant
    Golf R32
    Ultima CanAm ([url]http://www.pbase.com/algape/ultima[/url])