Thread: The Lardy Barge has been bitten by a VIPER!!

The Lardy Barge has been bitten by a VIPER!!

Hello Gents- its been a while!

You may recall I kinda introduced a mapper here a while ago by the name of Rich, from Viper tuning...

Well I have just had a full custom remap from him, and thought I would post my report here, as this actuall map is available to you guys over the pond- or indeed anywhere in the world!

Obvious differences will be that Rich will not be sat in the car with you, but fine tuning the map via his mapping box and email.

But anyhoo- my report!

Well, I have just driven the barge back to Cornwall, almost a final swansong for her. But what a trip!

Rich turned up yesterday and we spent and hour or so talking about my exsisting map and what i felt and what I would like to be different.

The original map was always very strong and torquey but I felt it was a little hit and miss, the power delivery was irratic at times and the torque came at you in mahoosive lumps that threatened to dislodge your head and leave the gearbox behind. That said, it has served me bloody well for the last 2 years and considering that I have continued to tinker without having the map altered, it has done a great job and not many things got the better of her.

We went to my favorite test track and commenced to do some logs on the original map and Rich talked me thorough everything and what he was doing- although he may have well been talking Zwahili.
    After a number of runs Rich worked his black magic and instantainously the car felt better.
    The IT's were high with an ambient of 28+deg but still she pulled and pulled.
    The power delivery was progressive and smooth and not petering out until the red line gear change and then it started all olver again, just fantastic, no big dumps of torques, no strange engine behavior, just absolute controlled power delivery.
    I was astonished that it actually made the car faster!
    Although power gains were minimal about 10hp- please remember that the car was running pretty much all you will get out of one of these without turbines and manifolds- the power that is there is just a pleasure to use now, rather than screwing your eyes shut and muttering "ooooh feck, that felt/sounded hard"
    On our return, Rich then spent an hour going through every little detail and ensuring that the map and all was perfect.

On my 300 mile trip home today, I can vouch for that......

Thanks Rich, Sorry to be selling her now, but at least I know now whoever buys her will be buying probably on of the best mechanically sound RS6's on the market with the best possible map and power available.

I love you and want your babies.

Mooch

http://www.vipertuning.com/

A new video will be coming shortly........
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

LOL @ 5:42 "Are ye awake?!?"
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I like the "remote mapping" option! The beast sounds and looks faster. Throttle response sounds instantaneous. Power sound smooth, "we wants it, the precious".
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Didn't think that thing could become any quicker, but hey. Rich knows what's he's doing.

Nice to see you post again, sad to hear that the beast is going. Any specific reasons and what's comming next?

A new 0-60 vid showing off my new VIPER map........

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post

Looks like I'll be contacting the Viper team in the near future. I got you at about 3.7 sec to 60. Not bad for a Family Station Wagon (or should I say Estate wagon). Mooch I think you are Crazy for selling that car......

Can't see this one.... private???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Don't know whats happening Ben, I just viewed the Video again with no issues.

I am issues as well (talking about the video this time)
    Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Can't see this one.... private???
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

He took if off, he was getting some unwanted attention and criticism....
    RS6 Avant, Miltek Res, ITG's, APR R1's, PSS 9's, H&R Sway Bars and Wangers intercoolers in the post.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Don't know whats happening Ben, I just viewed the Video again with no issues.
    My mistake I was having no issues with the 0-60 video. Yes apparently the long run video was removed. It was a nice video. But apparently a couple of fellow English men thought that a particular pass involving a school bus was unsafe. And he was criticized for such. So to avoid any further criticism, he removed the video. I am not certain but I believe this to be the case. I really didn't see much wrong, but the passing was tight. Mooch your still no.1 in my book. LOL

Mooch, do you know if there are any problems going on at Unit 20? I'm asking because I paid for a Phaeton brake duct kit on 4/27 and a month later I E-mailed asking about it and Martin said it was shipped and maybe lost and would re-ship but it's now about another month later and nothing yet?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Hi Mate, not that I am aware of, spoke to Grizz a few days ago all seemed ok, I will drop him a text as I know he has been really busy. I know he has been away too so may account for some delay.

Thanks Mooch if you already contacted Unit20 as low and behold I just received an E-mail from Martin. Said he was on Holiday and they have a new parts manager. Hopefully they will be on there way soon as my car is off the road with the pads worn and I didn't want to install new rotors & pads now then go back in a few weeks later to install the ducts and such.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Crazy! Sounds angry as well.