Thread: I need the RS6+ oil cooler part no.

Post I need the RS6+ oil cooler part no.

as people say the RS6+ has a larger oil cooler.
    can someone help me out with the part no. ?
    and are there any other components that must to be changed in order to install this oil cooler?

Not sure about the oil cooler

If you use the search function on this site, and search "rs6+AND oil cooler" you will find a few threads.

Check the one that Erik started. In that thread, he quotes the Audi corporate literature on the RS6+.

I didn't see any mention of a larger oil cooler; there WAS a mention of how Audi, for better cooling of this model, added 2 (?coolant?) radiators behind the air/air intercoolers on either side. So it sounds that the addition of more cooling there was predominantly on the liquid coolant side of things.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

oil cooler is the same ....

Originally posted by gjg
    oil cooler is the same ....
    Really? I thought it was upgraded too?

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Re: Not sure about the oil cooler

Originally posted by gregoryindiana
    If you use the search function on this site, and search "rs6+AND oil cooler" you will find a few threads.

Check the one that Erik started. In that thread, he quotes the Audi corporate literature on the RS6+.

I didn't see any mention of a larger oil cooler; there WAS a mention of how Audi, for better cooling of this model, added 2 (?coolant?) radiators behind the air/air intercoolers on either side. So it sounds that the addition of more cooling there was predominantly on the liquid coolant side of things.
    I was actually thinking the same thing, but I recently found out by looking through the ETKA catalog. According to the diagram, looks like our just regular RS6 also has additional radiators behind the intercoolers. I've also heard another rumor about the U.S. models having the intercoolers linked to the radiator for additional cooling purpose? (Shop foreman from the dealer) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone knows this by now that there seem to be another heat exchanger below where the front plate is located. I wonder if this is what's being used for those smaller additional radiators that we have. Also based on someone who recently posted about the sportec's intercooler/oil cooler upgrade, it seems as though there are small radiators that comes with the package as well. The same ones as the one on ETKA catalog. Anyone have a better idea?
    93 RX-7
    2002 B6 A4 1.8T 6MT
    2002 B5 S4 2.7TT 6MT
    2003 C5 A6 2.7TT TIPTRONIC
    2003 G35 6MT
    2003 E46 M3 6MT
    2003 996TT 6MT X50
    2003 C5 RS6 Ebony Pearl/Silver Int.
    2003 2ND C5 RS6 Daytona Pearl/Ebony Int.
    2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG II

Current:
    2007 B7 S4 6MT w/ EVERY option
    2008 C350 with EVERY option
    BMW M6 SMG III w/ EVERY option

vehicle coming soon:
    2009 E93 M3 DCT