Thread: Memorial Run 2004

Arrow Memorial Run 2004

Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the 2004 Memorial Run !

This year's Run will be from 18 Sept - 22 Sept, and will feature the following events:

18 Sept - The Start will be at the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where you will have all day to drive on the infamous "green hell". There is also the possibility to have a passenger lap in the Team Schwedenkreuz Race-spec M3, driven by a professional racedriver (And possibly Sabine, the Ring-Taxi driver!) See this thread for more details on Team Schwedenkreuz: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38201

19 Sept - A 1150 km drive from Nurburg to Budapest. This will satisfy all your high-speed needs, as a big part of this route is on German autobahn!

20 Sept - We will join RMA, one of UK's leading trackday organizers, at the Hungaroring for a fantastic trackday!

21 Sept - A 950 km drive from Budapest to Stuttgart, for those who can't get enough of the autobahn!

22 Sept - We have a confirmed factory visit at RUF, and are considering another one at Techart or Alpina.

The Memorial Run is a non-profit event, and is a pure driving experience.

For more details visit : http://www.memorialrun.com

UPDATE: We may opt to go to Munich instead of Stuttgart and "hang out" at the Oktoberfest before driving up to RUF (and Techart or Alpina)
    Last edited by lasseoe; March 8th, 2004 at 16:27.
    Lasse

Lasse
    Staying in Munich during the Oktoberfest is all but impossible, also if you haven't booked tickets don't expect to walk into the tents.
    If you are able to book now, I can suggest a hotel in the city that has a big underground garage and is on the U Bahn line that goes straight to the Wiesn (where the tents are).
    It would be a shame to go all the way to Stuttgart and then have to retrace your steps back to Ruf.
    Remember that there are large parts of the Munich to Stuttgart Autobahn (A8) which have a 120 kph limit, and that the Autobahn from the Ring to Nuernberg is hell by day.

HTH
    R+C

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Lasse
    Staying in Munich during the Oktoberfest is all but impossible, also if you haven't booked tickets don't expect to walk into the tents.
    If you are able to book now, I can suggest a hotel in the city that has a big underground garage and is on the U Bahn line that goes straight to the Wiesn (where the tents are).
    It would be a shame to go all the way to Stuttgart and then have to retrace your steps back to Ruf.
    Remember that there are large parts of the Munich to Stuttgart Autobahn (A8) which have a 120 kph limit, and that the Autobahn from the Ring to Nuernberg is hell by day.

HTH
    R+C
    I know, I used to live in Munich, but thanks anyway :-)
    It's not a big deal getting a table as long as you show up around 11am, after that it turns into a real nightmare unless like you said, you have booked a table or know someone who is already has a table AND has room for you.

Which hotel are you thinking about ?

I just did a quick check, and there are LOADS of hotels available on the day we will be there. We'll be booking the hotel rooms very soon.
    Lasse

Lasse
    I was thinking of Rothof in Denningerstrasse. Always a selection of tasty cars in their large underground secure garage and a short walk to Richard Strauss Ubahn station.
    With all the driving your guys are doing, I don't know that I'd turn up before 11 in the morning!
    HTH
    R+C

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Lasse
    I was thinking of Rothof in Denningerstrasse. Always a selection of tasty cars in their large underground secure garage and a short walk to Richard Strauss Ubahn station.
    With all the driving your guys are doing, I don't know that I'd turn up before 11 in the morning!
    HTH
    R+C
    Yeah it's not fully thought through yet, we probably won't arrive in Munich until around late afternoon and we have RUF scheduled for the following morning.
    Lasse