Thread: New Owner

Smile New Owner

Just took delivery of a new RS6 due to a buy back on my '04 S4 (many thanks to my dealer and AoA for making this happen as before this car was out of my price range).

I also got 6 year 100K extended warranty through the new Audi Pure Protection Plan (this was part of the deal), so not at my cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc00551x.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	1357  
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Very nice! How are you enjoying your new Beast so far?

Ben
    P.S. We don't seem to hear from too many owners in Texas.

Only 300 miles so far (more than I put on the S4 before it broke down). I like the car far better than the S4, except for seats and some interior items.

I have Nav, Enhanced Exhaust, Phone and XM (this was a pull from my S4)

87 degrees here today, nice day. There are 3 RS6's in Austin, 2 are owned by folks I don't know and they don't want to associate with the local Audi club. Had lots of looks today and lots of vetts blowing by me today.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Originally posted by UrQ
    Only 300 miles so far (more than I put on the S4 before it broke down). I like the car far better than the S4, except for seats and some interior items.

Agree about the seats. A shame that the rs 6 couldn't spring for the Recaros that the S4 got. Other than that a SWEET car that has absolutely addictive power. Watch those break in miles. After that those Corvettes WON'T be blowing by.

Ben

Congrats!! Looks good!

got any mods planned and where are those beautiful 5 spokes?

Congrats and enjoy!! Those break in miles will feel like forever then the fun really begins.

more than I put on the S4 before it broke down
    can I ask what happened? My husband is about to order an S4 cab. thanks.

btumble

Let me first say that the S4 is solid and I would buy it again.

My car was one of those that had everything go wrong, it spent over 80 days in the shop since Nov 1st (so most of its life). The majority of time was waiting on parts and diagnostics. This was a 6 sp, so the transmission would not go into reverse, so it waited until they found a fix, and then the TSB came out and it was fixed, then the engine was leaking coolant, the dealer worked with Audi for about 4 weeks to figure this one out, and that time could have been cut to 1 day if Audi would have listened to the mechanic. The final determination was a new engine was needed (cracked water jacket) so that was another 6 weeks or so waiting for new engine to be sent from Germany. There were many other minor problems that kept the car in the shop for few days here and there.

The dealer was great (Roger Bealsey, Austin TX) and very supportive and got the regional rep involved very early. This was the kind of support that kept me with Audi.

So do I think that the S4 has problems and folks should not buy ? No way, the same exact car was delivered to my dealer same day and he has had zero problems, not once was this car back to dealer, same as the other ones that the dealer has sold. So your husband should have nothing to worry about and if he does make sure he gest the dealer and AoA involved and get the issues resolved (demand that they get resolved before there afre issues).

The reason I went with RS6 was it was a deal I could not pass up, my replacement S4 is still on order and will be placed in stock at the dealer, maybe I'll be back.
    83 UrQ
    07 Q7 4.2
    03 RS6

Originally posted by UrQ
    Let me first say that the S4 is solid and I would buy it again.

My car was one of those that had everything go wrong, it spent over 80 days in the shop since Nov 1st (so most of its life). The majority of time was waiting on parts and diagnostics. This was a 6 sp, so the transmission would not go into reverse, so it waited until they found a fix, and then the TSB came out and it was fixed, then the engine was leaking coolant, the dealer worked with Audi for about 4 weeks to figure this one out, and that time could have been cut to 1 day if Audi would have listened to the mechanic. The final determination was a new engine was needed (cracked water jacket) so that was another 6 weeks or so waiting for new engine to be sent from Germany. There were many other minor problems that kept the car in the shop for few days here and there.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: WOW. You are VERY patient indeed! I'm impressed that you had that amount of understanding as i think it would have been very difficult for the majority of us to take that with a brand new car. JAX has been having problems of his own with the Beast (as have others) but for the most part we're mostly trouble free.

Ben

urQ, appreciate the details, sorry you had to go through all that, but at least you ended up with a beast. Good to hear that AoA took care of you. The '04 S4 would be our 6th Audi and replacement for an '01 S4. The only thing I will be jealous of is the Recaros, otherwise....