Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring NE Meet!!!

I think I can make it, will know definitely next week. Don't know if this fits the route plans but there is a good old style German restaurant in Gardiner http://www.mountainbrauhaus.com. Gardiner is a little ways southwest of New Paltz. I thought since we would be driving fine examples of German engineering fine german food might be in order.

btumble

Originally posted by btumble
    I think I can make it, will know definitely next week. Don't know if this fits the route plans but there is a good old style German restaurant in Gardiner http://www.mountainbrauhaus.com. Gardiner is a little ways southwest of New Paltz. I thought since we would be driving fine examples of German engineering fine german food might be in order.

btumble
    I know this place. It's right near where the cop stopped me to check for the deer. Works for me. It's def. on the route.
    Speed

So whats the story?

Final plans yet?

Speed and I (maybe his son Cooper too) are on re-con tomorrow.

We are going to drive the route and report back to you all with our findings.
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

We are going to drive the route and report back to you all with our findings.
    Glad to hear a scouting party is going out to terrorize the area and soften them up for the full assault. LOL

I was thinking we would meet around 10AM and head off about 11. That will give everyone some extra time to get there as well as some time to socialize and photo opps. I'm open to suggestions if anyone thinks an earlier start is better.

Regarding the meeting spot, the commuter lot right off of the New Paltz exit (19?) is as easy as it gets ... I'll leave it to Robert & Speed to choose the meeting spot.

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Regarding the meeting spot, the commuter lot right off of the New Paltz exit (19?) is as easy as it gets ... I'll leave it to Robert & Speed to choose the meeting spot.
    New Paltz is Exit 18. I thought we'd do exit 19 (Kingston) to be fair to Nene and other Bostonians. We'll let you knowafter we run it.

Speed

NE Meet

Bob:
    Thanks for the invite- I'm in!
    Let's see if we can get more members this year - I'll contact two members here in NJ that I know and invite them along.
    See everyone there.

JH

shaping up for phun

I want to post this Spring NE Meet on other forums, but I'm just waiting for final arrangements to be ironed out.
    I'm assuming that by Sunday or Monday this will be taken care of.

Let's get this show on the road folks!!!

Re: shaping up for phun

I'm assuming that by Sunday or Monday this will be taken care of.
    You know what assume stands for...

Let's just say we'll have worked out by sometime next week.

Speed

I won't be able to join you guys. I will be going to Washington, D.C. that Sunday afternoon for a conference which starts that evening. If it turns out that the rain date (4/25) becomes the actual date, I would e available then.

Have a great time!

why do u need a rain date our bests have quattro

how far is kingston from exit 14 on NY state thruway?

Kingston Exit 19 sounds good.

anybody know a meeting place were we can stop?

anybody post the meet on Audiworld forum yet?

Recon Update

Originally posted by nyrs6
    Kingston Exit 19 sounds good.

anybody know a meeting place were we can stop?

anybody post the meet on Audiworld forum yet?
    Robert and I ran the roads today and although we don't have the final route locked in stone, (we want to upgrade some of the roads) we can tell you where we will meet: Just after you pay the toll from the NYS Thruway at Kingston-Exit 19 (it doesn't matter whether you are coming from the north or the south) you will turn right into a parking lot right after the traffic circle SIGN and before you get onto Route 28. There are 2 lots. The first one is only for state personnel. We will be in the 2nd one and will park a car near the entrance so you can't miss it.

We will have maps and directions for all who arrive for the meet. You will have the option of doing half the ride and rejoining the Thruway at New Paltz-Exit 18. We will finish up in Woodstock, where we have the option of spending some time. Then we will rejoin and return on some nice roads to Exit 19. If you are coming from the north, you will be able to get back on the Thruway at Exit 20 if you prefer.

Most of the roads will be twisty and scenic. Stay tuned for further info and comments from Robert.

One other thing. Both Robert and I have been on Audiworld drives which are mostly composed of kids driving S4s. Neither of us feels that a posting of this ride on Audiworld would be desireable or beneficial to our meet. That is not to say that we don't welcome other cars and drivers (I personally won't be driving an RS6). It would just be better if they were friends and acquaintances of yours/ours. For those of you who were on the first ride, I think you'd agree that about 10 more cars would have been great— not 20 more. The last Audiworld drive I did had more than 30 cars and everybody got immediately split up. There will not be a lot of passing opportunities on the roads we will be traveling. Too many cars will make the ride less enjoyable. Trust me on this.

Having said that, everyone is welcome, including passengers.

More to come.

Speed

how far is kingston from exit 14 on NY state thruway?
    5 exits :-) (less than an hour)
    Last edited by Speedracer; March 21st, 2004 at 03:32.

cool so lets just keep it to rs6.com users.

im assuming whoever is incharge probably (you or finnus) will give out privetly there cell number to who ever is meeting up so everybody can keep in touch.

Whos taking care of the pics and videos?

We will give out cel numbers later. Last time, several people brought cameras (still & video). No one will be in charge. Everyone is welcome to participate.

Speed

Some pics from the RCON

I did not get some of the wonderful sweepers, hairpins or the beautiful rock outcroppings (we were busy driving )
    Photo of the Ashokan:

Wide photo of the Ashokan:

Nice road with right angle turn at the end

Nice turns:

Typical house in Woodstock, there are so many wonderful rock houses too:

Small Postoffice, there was an A6 in front, but I took to long to turn on the camera:

Small Lake:

One of many streams:

This is just a taste of some of the wonderful sites, I only captured a small taste of the area. Speed and I both were excited about the roads, the hairpins, the uphill sweepers, we found ourselves remarking every 10 minutes, "WOW, the guys are going to love this section" or "look at that view!!" or "you could hit xxx mph on this straight, be on full brakes for the turn!" I think you get the drift
    Robert
    06 Magnum SRT8 : Trinity
    06 Sequoia AKA: The School bus

Good job Robert!