Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hennessey - 600HP RS6

I wonder what "upgraded turbos" mean ?
    if you have a rotten, unloved Audi RS2 or a Mazda 323 GT-R - drop me a line :)

And Speed Technik has gotten high 11 second quarter mile times on stock turbos...

does hennessey performance even have an RS6 that they worked on?? I mean, why they use a picture of an euro RS6?

very much like their amg, Gt2, murcielargo and gallardo deal.

i am sure the "Talk" must be great on those cars as well.

Sounds like Hennessey may be similar to another auto enthusiast/engineer who I knew: Brilliant as a tech & component designer but lousy as a businessman.

Hmmmm....

I have kept tabs on the Hennessey ordeal and my whole take is that things happened over there that never should have. At the end of the day, the client has no car and it is in court. From a PERSONAL STANDPOINT, I would loose my freakin' mind.

From an RS6 standpoint on their website:

1. I see no dyno numbers
    2. 12.1 on their 30k kit. Interesting, I have clients running 12.4's consistantly (with slips, on this forum) on OCT software, Milltek C/B and D/V's. And that only runs around 6K installed. Add some TCU work, say HELLO to 11's
    3. The tranny is strong, but 550 with no mention of tranny work, ala Level 10 etc..
    4. Their install times, interesting, 2 weeks. We do our builds in 1 day with proper preperation. And who makes the preperations on ALL RS6 jobs, myself and Mitch. As of today, we have built over 23 RS6's and all are rockin' and rollin' with several thousand miles of use. If there was a problem, I am the first to hear about it. I will admit we had 1 issue but it was taken care of in 2 hours and is now something we check on ALL builds.

I have never heard of an RS6 with Hennessey work. If I am wrong, show me something. Speed Technik is always up for friendly competition. Check out our customer RS6 section and our in-house RS6 page, just cold hard facts and no BS.

I wouldn't challenge Hennessey on Viper stuff, even though we do VIper, but come on, OCT, APR, MTM, Milltek and the rest of the usual suspects have got it going on.

Speed Technik

Re: Hmmmm....

Originally posted by Speed Technik
    I wouldn't challenge Hennessey on Viper stuff, even though we do VIper, but come on, OCT, APR, MTM, Milltek and the rest of the usual suspects have got it going on.

Speed Technik
    That was my point as well. My $30K (or way less) would go to someone with years of Audi experience, and recommendations from board members!

Ben

Re: Hmmmm....

3. The tranny is strong, but 550 with no mention of tranny work, ala Level 10 etc..
    manic laughter - just wait, just wait

R+C

Something to ponder.....

It has come to my attention that since I wrote my previous post (last night) that the Hennessey big RS6 kit 1/4 mile times went from 12.1 to 11.9 overnight, interesting isn't it.....

Re: Something to ponder.....

It has come to my attention that since I wrote my previous post (last night) that the Hennessey big RS6 kit 1/4 mile times went from 12.1 to 11.9 overnight, interesting isn't it.....
    Must be the colder weather...
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Wow, this thread is getting hostile.

LOL

Stick with Stock, the car is fast enough.

Mike

Put the 30k in your retirement fund

I just don't want to see an RS6 owner even if they are not one of my customers go with a un-proven package no matter what the cost is. I am here to give you guys as much information as possible, it's what I do. I am just stating the facts, nothing more, nothing less.

keep_on_chattin'

Keep posting...it might be that the 1/4 mile times make it all the way to low 10s!!!

speedtechnik is not lying we ar

speedtechnik is not lying we are one of speedtechniks customers and we have proof that there oct packege that they put on is no lie. we went from 13.4@105 stock to 12.4@112 with the chip and exhaust.:bigeyes: a full second of the quater of a mile times? yes its true we have both runs on tape stock and modified hopefully to post it when i get a chance. I didnt hear from any hennesy customers so i cant say all i know that oct chip makes a difference. and btw u feel it i was in the car plenty of times u feel it. its an amazing difference.

and yep so far its been 5000 mile since we put the chip on and no problems.

listen to speedtechnik u wont go wrong

i dont know about the other 22 rs6 customers speedtechnik had but im shure they say the same.