Thread: Random Question

Random Question

So earlier today I was adding oil to my beast and accidentally as result of user error I managed to spill approximately 1 quart of motor oil

505 01 spec of course onto the area surrounding the oil fill cap and noticed oil running down the pipes and draining on the ground

doh attached is a picture just want to make sure I don;t need to worry about frying any electronics in the nearby areas before I commence

running the beast again.....thanks in advance for insight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230711_104552.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	19727  
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Should be fine. You just helped rust proof your car. With the oil cap back on you can spray some brake cleaner around the area, it does a good job of cleaning up the oil residue and evaporates fairly quickly.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Should be fine. You just helped rust proof your car. With the oil cap back on you can spray some brake cleaner around the area, it does a good job of cleaning up the oil residue and evaporates fairly quickly.
    Excellent; Thank you sir!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's