Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
Been happy with the Koni yellow sport struts and stock springs combo for years. That said, going with Bilstein PSS9 soon, seems to be the best comfort/performance fully adjustable coilover on the market. I'd never touch KW's after riding in some cars and reading years of posts about them.
I'm still rocking the DRC on mine with the Hotchkis ARB's, and I like it a lot, but I know my days are numbered with that setup. I had the PSS9's on a B7 A4, and they were pretty stiff. Handled really nice, but if you have to deal with rough roads regularly, it could get old. My research seems to indicate that it's hard to find a really smooth coilover for our cars, because the coilovers use smaller diameter springs, and the only way to make them strong enough to hold the weight is to make them stiff. That's why the larger, factory springs seem to work so well. That said, I've read the Ohlins are supposed to be really good, but they don't currently make a setup for our cars. The other one I'm curious about is the 2Bennet setup. I don't know much about them, so I'd love to hear more first-hand experience with them.