Thread: Any advice on RS6 V10 ECU tuning?

Any advice on RS6 V10 ECU tuning?

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on RS6 (C6/V10) ECU tuning. I'm considering picking one up, but it looks like Viper Tuning is gone, MRC tuning won't tune remotely, APR is insanely overpriced ($5K?!??), so that leaves me with ... Unitronic, Eurocharged and 031? Am I missing anyone? I plan on staying Stg1, maybe going to Stg2 tops, and would like to have something that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Any advice appreciated!

Hi!

Can do a file for you, if you find a way to flash it.
    BDM is a cheapest (& easiest) option, but it requires you to open the ECUs.

PM me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Hi!

Can do a file for you, if you find a way to flash it.
    BDM is a cheapest (& easiest) option, but it requires you to open the ECUs.

PM me for more info.
    Opening ECUs might be a bit tricky as I don't have a good place to work on the car, though if it comes to that I could give it a go. What's the best way to flash without opening them? Do I need a Dimsport or something? Or what hardware would I need?

In the old days of 335 tuning, we used to use Bavtech and NCD coding cables for these unintended purposes... lol

Using original KESS to flash them locally. Still prefer to open em up to have a "full backup" readout.
    China version might be good enough for the job, although I've never tried it myself. Couple guys I know did that successfully.

Not as popular ECU as older ME7, so not too many "community" flashing solutions. Even had to code a memory logger by myself, back in a day.