Thread: Bought a Bucket List Car - C5 RS6 Inside

Bought a Bucket List Car - C5 RS6 Inside

After offloading my current Crosstrek (which is absolutely loved) lease to a friend of mine, I was in search of a fun daily driver. The C5 RS6 was always on my radar but I shrugged it off on various occasions as it is extremely hard to find an example that was maintained properly. Knowing that the RS6 could be an expensive nightmare without well documented preventative maintenance I passed on many over the last few years. I gave up on seeking them out several years ago until recently. At first I was not even considering one until I stumbled upon this gem in KIJIJI. After speaking to the owner, I quickly realized that this particular vehicle has been maintained at my friends Audi specialty shop since NEW. All owners of the vehicle were shop friends and family. The current owner is an active Audi enthusiast and took extreme pride in the vehicle. I have receipts from most maintenance from the past few years (2011-2019). All other maintenance is logged at my friends shop. I figured this was a gem and I would argue that it is the best example of a C5 RS6 in Canada. The vehicle currently has 118,000 miles or 191,000km. Zero issues outside of a the left turn signal pixel being dim. Interior and paint is mint- looks as if it is showroom condition. Grabbed the car for a great deal :thumbup:

The car made (before intercoolers and cat gut: 440whp - 500wtq)

This vehicle came from factory with a factory ordered rare combo. Audis OEM performance exhaust, carbon fibre package and performance suspension. Factory OEM NAV.

Modifications:
    - Rebuilt Transmission W/Ace Converter
    - MTM TCU Tune
    - Eurocharged ECU Tune (550hp)
    - Gutted Pre Cats
    - OEM Audi RS7 Rims
    - Wagner Intercoolers
    - Wagner Carbon Fiber Air Ducts
    - Wager Intercooler Hoses
    - Hotchkis Sway Bars (Front & Rear)
    - 034 Street Density Line Transmission Mounts
    - Stern Engine Mounts
    - 034 Sway Bar End Links
    - Hawk Performance Pads (Front & Rear)
    - Zimmerman Rotors (Front & Rear)

Second month with the vehicle but I am loving it so far. I am hoping for a problem free relationship as it is going to be my daily driver, year round. Rain or shine. Averaging 18mpg mixed.

Pictures:

I will continue to refresh the vehicle and post here when i do!

Looking good!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Looks great! Welcome!

Great to see this fine specimen found a good home. Congrats and enjoy it.....

Thanks all! Working out some front end squeaks as we speak! Front left lower control arm bushing (where strut arm meets control arm), i CANNOT get this thing to quiet down. Squeaks on and off regularly. There is some compression (understandably) on the bushing and no mater how much grease or silicone spray it gets, it still squeaks! Boo!
    Last edited by Stangy; July 27th, 2019 at 03:02.

Also. I started using Leather Honey on all our vehicles with fantastic results. The product only needs to be applied every few months (directions say every 6). Has worked extremely well over the last 2 months. Highly recommended!